[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Metrodome Roof collapses?

J.D.Morrison

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the last sentence below where the author speculates that the game may need to be rescheduled yet again:

Metrodome roof collapses

by Tim Nelson, Minnesota Public Radio

December 12, 2010 St. Paul, Minn. — The roof of the Metrodome in downtown Minneapolis has apparently collapsed. Witnesses say the roof is no longer visible above the dome's concrete bowl.

Chris Cowles is the security director at the Holiday Inn Metrodome, right across the freeway from the Metrodome.

"The chef lives in Elliot Park, the neighborhood just south of the Metrodome. And he came in and told us that it had collapsed. So we went up to the 14th floor to look at it. It looks kind of like a big dish of sugar," he said.

Officials with the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission, which operates the Dome, couldn't be reached to answer questions about the dome's condition.

Today's Vikings game against the New York Giants had already been postponed until Monday evening because of concerns about snow on the dome's roof. It isn't clear if that game will have to be rescheduled again.

Edited by ts

Arrowhead!

Giants are in KC. What would stop them from having Minny travel there today and playing tomorrow? I guess you can argue tickets and getting people to work the game and so on, but I'm sure they could work it out. OR they play at the Gopher's new stadium.

They BETTER play tomorrow at the latest. If not it is totally unfair to the Giants. We have a huge game against the Eagles next Sunday and we can't be jerked around because of this past Monday night.

Edited by giantsfan

Giants are in KC. What would stop them from having Minny travel there today and playing tomorrow? ...

Just let both teams get on a plane & fly back to NY, play the game there tomorrow nite? Did not the NOS-NYG game (scheduled to be in New Orleans) get shifted to NY instead during Katrina? I'd have no problem with the NYG getting an extra home game.

Just let both teams get on a plane & fly back to NY, play the game there tomorrow nite? Did not the NOS-NYG game (scheduled to be in New Orleans) get shifted to NY instead during Katrina? I'd have no problem with the NYG getting an extra home game.

I hear you. My point is however they work this out, this game needs to be played tomorrow night for sure. Can't be pushed to Tuesday or Wednesday.

So I am assuming anyone playing any Vikings or Giants this week needs to switch out for another player??? Perfect timing for a playoff.

Game hasn't been Cancelled......they will most likely get it in somewhere tomorrow...to be honest, hope they do cancel it...all i got going is Giants D.....opponent has Bradshaw.....I can plug Bears D in, but Bradshaw be tough to replace...

Game hasn't been Cancelled......they will most likely get it in somewhere tomorrow...to be honest, hope they do cancel it...all i got going is Giants D.....opponent has Bradshaw.....I can plug Bears D in, but Bradshaw be tough to replace...

No kidding! All I can do is plug in LT or Dixon. Th main issue is when will they announce it? I need to know by 1pm.

Giants are in KC. What would stop them from having Minny travel there today and playing tomorrow? I guess you can argue tickets and getting people to work the game and so on, but I'm sure they could work it out. OR they play at the Gopher's new stadium.

They BETTER play tomorrow at the latest. If not it is totally unfair to the Giants. We have a huge game against the Eagles next Sunday and we can't be jerked around because of this past Monday night.

I agree

Or some carefully placed explosives could remove the rest of that roof.

This is probably a plan by Wilf to sabotage that stadium.

Edited by Randall

You are correct - and it counted as a Saints (Home Game)