[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gates Inactive

Puddy

This Gates thing is really becoming a pain now. He plays when you don't think he will. He sits when you think he'll play (like a huge game today). Very difficult to get a handle on this thing. Gates owners better hope SD wins this one if they want Gates the next 2 weeks. Good note is he plays Thursday night next week, so we'll know his deal first and foremost unlike the way it usually goes.

Edited by giantsfan

This Gates thing is really becoming a pain now. He plays when you don't think he will. He sits when you think he'll play (like a huge game today). Very difficult to get a handle on this thing. Gates owners better hope SD wins this one if they want Gates the next 2 weeks. Good note is he plays Thursday night next week, so we'll know his deal first and foremost unlike the way it usually goes.

Here here!

Been holding on to Seyi Ajirotutututu as a contingency plan because I was afraid Gates was going to be a GTD each week now.

The way its going, I would have been no worse off leaving Gates in my lineup :wacko:

Wasnt expecting much from SA but no catches at all?

donut = playoff ender :tup:

Edited by Delicious_bass

The below almost sounds like he is thinking of shutting it down for the season!!! :wacko:

Gates being realistic

Tight end Antonio Gates didn’t even test his ailing right foot before Sunday’s game. He was sure after he couldn’t practice Friday that he would sit Sunday.

“This week it didn’t feel right,” Gates said after not playing for the third time in the past five games but the first time in the past three. “I didn’t feel I would be able to contribute.”

Gates, still the Chargers’ leading receiver, acknowledged again he is uncertain he will finish the season due to the painful plantar fascia tear in his right foot.

“I’ve always been week to week, up and down,” Gates said. “Over time I’m going to have make a decision … Does it make it difficult for the coaches to put the proper gameplan together? I don’t know. I think that’s something we will definitely talk about this week.

“I’m going to take another look at it, see how I feel going into this Thursday night game. If not, I’m going to try to get an estimate how much time I need to get back healthy. If that’s two weeks, four weeks, that remains to be seen whether or not I should make some decision about finishing the season or continuing to try to fight through this injury.”

Norv Turner said Gates’ availability doesn’t greatly alter his approach.

“That’s why we got Randy McMichael here; we just plug him into Gates’ role,” Turner said. “It’s not Gates, but it’s pretty good.”

Well that was a kick in the nuts . . . cause Tamme was my other option.

Why do you say that? Has Tamme been as good the past two weeks? No, but I'd still say he is a clear top 5 TE at worst IMO. Really look at the TE position. How many guys would you rather have than Tamme? And that goes double in a PPR league IMO.

Why do you say that? Has Tamme been as good the past two weeks? No, but I'd still say he is a clear top 5 TE at worst IMO. Really look at the TE position. How many guys would you rather have than Tamme? And that goes double in a PPR league IMO.

I think his point is he didn't start Tamme as he played on Thursday night.

It is because Tamme played Thursday so I had no other option.

Just like Puddy said . .

The bas*tard knew he wasn't gonna start on FRIDAY and he strung us all along until Sunday...

Tamme starts next week for me. I'm done with these last minute back-up TE games.

+1. Very frustrating. I am in the finals of a high stakes league (one of the ones where you play 11 weeks and then go for the gold against 150 players). The Gates thing is killing me because the week before he was listed as OUT in the morning (only to be updated later as erroneous). i plugged in Todd Heap who proceeds to get hurt on the first play. This week all week he says he will PLAY and then we find out at 3pm he is OUT after it is too late for me to plug in a backup. Arrrrggggh.

I am left with the Gronk now that Heap and Gates are likely out. Guess Ill just play the Gronk to play it safe.