[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hate this game

CardinalEmpire.com

I'm done. Felt good about my team for the first time since the league's inaugural season, thought I had some nice playoff match-ups, and then...

Rodgers down with a concussion

Brodie Croyle torpedoes the whole KC offense (Charles)

Drew Stanton sucks again (Megatron)

At least Vick didn't outscore my team by himself (yet)

Same here. Was the high point leader most of the season (came in second) . Tied Best record (but in 2nd due to pts) . Foster on my team. and I have the worst week ever in 12 years in my league. I got 25 pts . ( average score is usualyl around 100-110) . Still have Foster to go but Im down 110-25. Had Megatron-Starks-Orton-Tamme- Tampw Williams- Ford. Worst score ever in my elague was 47. I may break it. Oh well , I look forward to next year. I had fun and mny team made the playoffs.

And I played against McFadden AND he is going to outscore my whole team by himself. Gotta love this game.

Edited by damageinc

Happened to me last year.

High scorer in the regular season, feeling good going into the playoffs.

A good weeks work that would nearly always net you a win in this league is something around 225 points, anything under 190 is a dogfight, so of course my team craps the bed for around 115 in the first round... by far my lowest score all season. :wacko:

Went into last week total points leader by a WIDE margin, all I needed was to win or a loss by another team to secure 1st round bye. I lose, he wins, and I run into a buzzsaw this week, plus I get squat from decent plays like Santonio, Blount, Tamme. Barring career nights from Andre Johnson and Hakeem Nicks tomorrow, I'm done. We're talking 10-150-2 for each of them.

I hate fantasy football.

:wacko:

Edited by MTSuper7

Heh - I had injury issues with my team and finished the regular season 7-6, but losing Rodgers in round one of the playoffs was a dagger to the heart. Amazingly, even though my opponent lucked out with two TDs from the Pittsburgh D, I could still win if Derrick Mason scores three TDs and puts up 130 yards or so.

Ha. Hahaha. Hahahahahahahahaha....

At least I am still alive in two other leagues, but in this league I have yet to win the title in 16 frigging years.

Edited by historymike

Every year it seems like I am against the player that scores the most points....I played DMCFADDEN, Colston and the Steelers defense yesterday....

As I had Desean Jackson.....but not enough unless the Giants def, Bradshaw and Dickenson can get me about 80 points....LOL! yeah right?

First time I've been riding so high into the playoffs and crashed and burned this hard. Chris Johnson had a solid Thursday night so I thought I could ride out this first week. I was #1 seed and highest point total for the year (we don't have byes in this league which I aim to change next year).

PPR League:

Big Ben, J. Maclin, B. Watson, D. Bess, D. Carpenter combine for 21.05 points. :tup:

Might have had a chance if I wasn't playing against a team with the Steelers defense. There are no words to describe how much I hate Carson Palmer right now. That piece of crap has been on my team in previous years as I always got suckered into him being undervalued and maybe it was the year he got back on track and put up some touchdowns. After last year, I ignored the TO news and said fugit, I'm not touching that d-bag. I figured he couldn't hurt me anymore if I let someone else take him and never looked back. Little did I know that the orange and black turd was going to throw TWO pick sixes one game after throwing for 4 or 5 touchdowns against a good Saints defense. Our league has some heavy defense scoring so that 33 point put up by the Steelers D basically outscored Chris Johnson. Later last night I got to watch Vick ignore Maclin all game while the cowboys defense forgot that D. Jackson (who I am playing against) is a speed guy and they "might" try to do playaction and throw to him. :tup:

I had a first round bye in my smaller league so I'm going to have to hope I can wrangle into the money in that one at least. Just sucked to be winning most games and have enough points to consistently put me at the bottom of the waiver wire. So that my team could go ice cold in the first round to a #8 seed. :wacko:

Same here. Was the high point leader most of the season (came in second) . Tied Best record (but in 2nd due to pts) . Foster on my team. and I have the worst week ever in 12 years in my league. I got 25 pts . ( average score is usualyl around 100-110) . Still have Foster to go but Im down 110-25. Had Megatron-Starks-Orton-Tamme- Tampw Williams- Ford. Worst score ever in my elague was 47. I may break it. Oh well , I look forward to next year. I had fun and mny team made the playoffs.

And I played against McFadden AND he is going to outscore my whole team by himself. Gotta love this game.

Exact same thing for me. I'm in 2 leagues. # 3 seed in one and I played the #8 seed. I just lost by 2 pts. I thought over all I easily had the 2nd best team in the league. Changed line up at last second and put in Celek in stead of Gronkowski. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!........Celek big ol' ZERO while Gronkowski would have gotten me 10 pts. I Lost 109 to 111. Second League, Top seed. Averaged 105 pts per week. Put in Rogers instead of Vick. Jennings is a WR on my team. just lost 46 to 81. MY Team: Rogers, Foster, Blount, Jennings, Rice, Maclin, Keading, Eagles Def.. How is 46pts even possible with this team. Going to be hard to sleep tonight.

I lost by four. I was the team to beat all season...and I got beat by one of those guys who doesn't know what he's doing, starts players on byes, and fell ass-backward into the playoffs. AP, I hate you. DeSean Jackson, I hate you. Welker...hatred.

Ok, I feel better now. Not much, but a little. Guess I'll start preparing for the draft.

I was 12-1 and top seed in one league...for the season 194.73 points/game...had a bye last week and this week I scored 162.25, my lowest total of the year....but the team I lost to was more than worthy...they were the points champ (I was second...2614.40(him) to my 2531.50)...he didn't crap the bed this week either as he posted 216.30...not Gates and having AP not play didn't help me out any at all but it was Gates that really changed the dynamic of my team.

edit: for the record I don't hate this game at all...sometimes that is just how the ball bounces.

Edited by keggerz

this i the main reason why i dont like the typical 2 or 3 week playoff format for fantasy FB.......in my league as commish we play all 17 games as the regular season and $ goes to 1st,2nd,and 3rd place......

then we also run a "side" playoffs starting in week 14....top 4 seeds after week 13 get a 1st round bye and the side playoffs run for the rest of the year

also give out $ to most points scored for the year, weekly high score prize, and a few bucks as a booby prize to whoever has the most points scored against

yes this dilutes the winnings a bit , but if you trully have the most dominant team you could take 1st,playoffs,most points for the year, and a few weekly high scores too

seems to be catching on in other leagues my friends are in now too