[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any Detroiters Heading to the Game Tonight?

jbran23

I don't wish that I lived in Detroit but I do wish that I was out that way and could go to the game. Have fun you Lion fans.

Yeah good point. One free game wouldnt be worth having to live there! I wish I were lucky enough to just be passing through today. lol

Detroit's a big place - gotta be more than just Lions fans (especially considering that they're... well, the Lions). For all those Giants and Viking fans living in Detroit this must be a dream come true! They'll be coming out of the woodworks for sure.

Edited by overworkedirish

Detroit's a big place - gotta be more than just Lions fans (especially considering that they're... well, the Lions). For all those Giants and Viking fans living in Detroit this must be a dream come true! They'll be coming out of the woodworks for sure.

Ok what would you give as the over / under for tonight's game ?

my guess is 25,000

I'm reconsidering going right now.

The Lions have handled the logistics of this so poorly that I think there's a decent chance of stampeding/fighting for seats. It seems like they've given out more tickets than they have seats, and who knows how many people are coming from New York and Minnesota. I have a bad feeling about it.

I'm thinking also that in order to be ensured of getting in, you're going to have to show up at least a couple hours before doors open. I have to work until 5pm and doors open at 5:30pm.

People get crazy when there's free diaper dirt involved, the Lions should of charged like $10 a ticket so there was some value attached.

Add all that to the icy roads, and it's not worth it.

Ford Field is going to be the world's largest homeless shelter tonight.

Hell, they're going to have to search the place with dogs to make sure that everyone has left. Its cold outside.

Agree - what is stopping a bunch of homeless dudes from going? Now I guess they have as much right as anyone else to jump in and take in a free game but will it be hard to pry them off the toilets or get them out of the building. If I was homeless and had a shot to use a nice warm crapper I think I would milk it as long as possible.

I won't be going, and I'm not too far away (Ann Arbor). Same reasons that HistoryMike gives... Roads are crappy, and supposed to get more snow. Just not worth the headache, and having to work early tomorrow, makes it an easy decision. Plus, I really don't like either team at all. Why couldn't this happen when the Broncos play at Minny? Holy chit, I'd be waiting outside of Ford Field right now if that happened.

Also, when they moved a Charger home game to Arizona due to wildfires a couple years back, I'm pretty sure they came nowhere even close to filling the place. Then again, the cold climate could bring some homeless into attendance. But I can't imagine they'll even get close to filling all the seats.

Also, when they moved a Charger home game to Arizona due to wildfires a couple years back, I'm pretty sure they came nowhere even close to filling the place. Then again, the cold climate could bring some homeless into attendance. But I can't imagine they'll even get close to filling all the seats.

In 2003. All seats were taken into account but no attendance was taken. But it was pretty full, with many of the attendees being ASU students.

This is the first MNF game in Detroit for how long? And the Lions aren't even invited. :tup:

I just heard some Lions official say how odd it seemed to be removing the "Lions" logo for a "Vikings" one on their field.

I hope the Vikes don't catch the "suck" while they're there. :wacko:

It was indeed 2003. Check the datestamp

My bad....I am not even right about 2005....the wildfires I remembered in SD were in 2007. Man they got nailed by some bad fires 4 years apart. I didn't realize (until I googled it) just how many fires they had down there...I knew my family and I had driven through the area when both of my kids were young (youngest was born in Dec of 2004)...that's why I thought the fires must have happened more recently than '03 since we were there when all hell was breaking loose but that was the second round of fires I guess.

KO'd

If people that had tickets to the game in Minneapolis go, are they still paying for their seats?

No they just present those tickets and they will be given perferred seating... supposedly on the 50 yardline lowee deck. Can't imagine too many people would make the trek especially with teh weather and being it is Monday night. The Vikings did charter a few flights for season ticket holders cheerleaders etc....