[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guys you'll never draft again........

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vent your frustrations here:

Beanie Wells, you can suck my nuts.

Lee Evans, I started you one game all flippin' season and you get hurt before making a catch, thanks jackass.

Fred Taylor, are you still alive?

Joseph Addai, Ronnie Brown, Shon Greene, Roy Williams just to name a few... Not all in the same league, but I had drafted one or more in every league I "WAS" in..

Joseph Addai, regardless of "how good he looks and inury-free" in pre-season

DeAngelo Williams - huge talent, but zero consistency.

Any Shanny-coach running back. Period. Ever.

Crabtree almost made the list, but I'd like to see him next year with two seasons (1.5) under his belt and a full-time qb before throwing in the towel.

Joseph Addai, regardless of "how good he looks and inury-free" in pre-season

DeAngelo Williams - huge talent, but zero consistency.

Any Shanny-coach running back. Period. Ever.

Crabtree almost made the list, but I'd like to see him next year with two seasons (1.5) under his belt and a full-time qb before throwing in the towel.

you'll be back. i say it every time and i always come back.

Omitting names that are already in this thread, I give you Pierre Thomas, Brent Celek, Steve Smith (CAR), Jay Cutler, Robert Meachem, and Matt Schaub.

Also, some of the people who end up on this list will probably be good value picks in drafts next year. For instance, DeAngelo Williams, depending on where he ends up, could be a nice value.

T.O : he had a blazing stretch for about 6 weeks, creating a false hope that he could re-create the magic at some point in another game. 1 catch and 22 yards later....

Shiancoe: I'll let someone else decide when to start or bench him

DeAngelo Williams: 1st round bust....this after last year when I argued that he would never repeat 2008

Favre: doubt I'll ever have to worry about it, but just in case he signs with San Francisco....

Wow, some very surprising names, that I can olny assume are due to bitterness, rather than their future prospects. There are very few guys, if any I'll say I'll never draft again... I think it's almost as big of a mistake as trying to chase last years' performances, to banish a guy based on one poor statistical year....

Greg Jennings is perhaps the best example I can think of. There were tons of owners who said "never again" after last year who would have loved him on their team this year. If he makes that catch yesterday for a TD, and he would be a top 3 WR right now, even in PPR (and as it stands he's #6).

Unless it's a guy who just have no faith will ever turn it around, even with changing circumstances (Wells, IMO), or the guy has been lousy or inconsistent for multiple years (Lee Evans), then there's nearly no one that I can say now with any certainty "never again".

Also, some of the people who end up on this list will probably be good value picks in drafts next year. For instance, DeAngelo Williams, depending on where he ends up, could be a nice value.

As I mentioned above, I'll let someone else gamble a pick on him...even if he pans out as a 5th-round steal.

Wow, some very surprising names, that I can olny assume are due to bitterness, rather than their future prospects. There are very few guys, if any I'll say I'll never draft again... I think it's almost as big of a mistake as trying to chase last years' performances, to banish a guy based on one poor statistical year....

Greg Jennings is perhaps the best example I can think of. There were tons of owners who said "never again" after last year who would have loved him on their team this year. If he makes that catch yesterday for a TD, and he would be a top 3 WR right now, even in PPR (and as it stands he's #6).

Unless it's a guy who just have no faith will ever turn it around, even with changing circumstances (Wells, IMO), or the guy has been lousy or inconsistent for multiple years (Lee Evans), then there's nearly no one that I can say now with any certainty "never again".

Here's the thing about Jennings. He was trending pretty much the EXACT same way this year as he did last year when he was catching 3 passes a game with the (very) occasional bomb score all the way up until Mr. Finley exited stage right with a knee injury. If Finley stays healthy, he'll be a centerpiece of the offense again next year, and Jennings will return to "just another guy" status.

Omitting names that are already in this thread, I give you Pierre Thomas, Brent Celek, Steve Smith (CAR), Jay Cutler, Robert Meachem, and Matt Schaub.

+1 on Schaub. I get the same feeling watching the Texans offense as I do with the Ravens - so much potential that's getting flushed down the drain multiple times per game. Whether it's the playcallers or the QBs, the frustration isn't worth it. I'll roll the dice elsewhere at QB next year.