[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big 10 renames it's divisions ......

theprofessor

Speaking as a lifelong Big 10 guy, I think the division names are lame and pretentious. Why not just name the division east and west? North and south? Schembechler and Hayes?

The Big 10 championship trophy is the Stagg-Paterno award? Nothing against Joe Pa, but Penn State hasn't been in the conference that long has it?

They named the Big 10 coach of the year trophy the Hayes - Schembechler award, which is the only thing they did right.

The new Big 10 logo looks stupid. How much did they pay a marketing genius to come up with that?

Oh yeah, and RichRod must go.

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Speaking as a lifelong Big 10 guy, I think the division names are lame and pretentious. Why not just name the division east and west? North and south? Schembechler and Hayes?

The Big 10 championship trophy is the Stagg-Paterno award? Nothing against Joe Pa, but Penn State hasn't been in the conference that long has it?

Didn't they join in 1992 or something? I know that isn't 50+ years, but it's recent history.

They named the Big 10 coach of the year trophy the Hayes - Schembechler award, which is the only thing they did right.

The new Big 10 logo looks stupid. How much did they pay a marketing genius to come up with that?

Oh yeah, and RichRod must go.

The directionality was pretty screwed up with how they split the divisions. So they didn't have good options but I'm not a fan of the names they did come up with. I suppose it could be worse, but whatever. I don't think that anybody is really going to spend that much time on division names anyway. Chances are, they'll be referred to as East / West by most people in regular conversation. I think the logo is kind of dumb. I realize they wanted to fit the B10 in their somewhere so they could pay homage to the original Big Ten, but seriously. The name is still Big Ten. You don't really need a veiled B10 in the logo when the name hasn't changed in 100+ years. With regard to the awards, I like that they are trying to embrace some of the history. I guess the only downside of being a Nebraska fan is that our players will get a chance to win a bunch of trophies and none of them have anything to do with the history of our school. :wacko: Can't blame them I guess, but that doesn't mean I love the idea.

Finally, some sense..:wacko:

I don't know a whole lot of the Big 10 history but just listening to Delany over the last year makes me glad that I don't have to put up with Beebe anymore. Nobody bats 1000 but the guy seems to get it. They took a swing and missed. They need to admit it and come back with something better.