[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How about a Dynasty Forum ?

MustOfBeenDrunk

Just asking & wondering if it is a possibility

It's about the only type of forum that is missing from the Huddle

Has it ever been talked about before ?

Those of us that play in dynasty leagues hold much different value for players in a trade, draft, even as a waiver wire pick up.

Would there not be enough interest in it ?

What percentage of members do you think play in dynasty leagues or keeper league for that matter ?

It could even be a Dynasty / Keeper forum ?

It's all I play too... definitely in for this idea.

Alotta times I'll be reading a thread on a player/situation and be thinking, Yellow Submarine are these guys talking about, then later realize they're talking redraft or something.

Exactly ,, I just wasn't sure if I was in the minority but Dynasty is the only type of league I play in with the exception of draft and go

But then would we have to come up with symbols to differentiate between salary cap dynasties, contract dynasties, just full on keep em all forever dynasties, Auction dynasties, etc.

For what it is worth, I am all for a separate dynasty/keeper strategy forum.

I am also very much for separating the advice forum into several sub-forums.. off the top of my head something like:

Who Should I Start/Bench

Rate My Team/Draft

Pre-Draft Strategy/Advice

Keeper Strategy/Advice

Commissioners Corner (for rules interpretation/commish advice)

I really think the separation of the advice forum could push some renewed life into it.

I would love a Dynasty Forum.

This was my first year to enter one and a lot to learn.

I will say after year one....Even though Loosing in the play offs, It was my funnest league to be in.

dynasty is definitely a different animal ...I absolutely love them and they are basically all I play in.

Why limit yourself. I'm in an annual redraft, keeper, dynasty, auction and plan on expanding my exposure (granted, I'm a developer of a fantasy play site) to all facets of IDP come next year. There are different strategies in each and everyone and I've learned that using some strategies don't work in all formats but some work AWESOME in others.

The exposure is if anything educational and being part of a site that you are, I'd think you'd want such exposure?

Well it seems as though we have plenty of interest in starting a dynasty forum and haven't heard any negative reasons to having one.

Strategies of drafting whether it be for a start-up or your rookie draft ( our rookie drafts include FA's ) are completely different than a redraft league.

When talking value of a player in the draft, a player could easy be ranked 1st round in a redraft and not even be considered before the 10th round in a dynasty.

I guess what I'm saying is the biggest difference in a dynasty over a redraft has to be player value. Whether it is a draft, trade or waiver pick-up.

One of the most popular topics of late here at the Huddle seems to be collusion or shady dealings.

Sometime when reading them I think that if this is a redraft then something is definitely not right , but the same trade is a dynasty could be perfectly fine.

Members either don't pay enough attention to the type of league or the poster does not include enough info about the type of league.

Other times I think that members commenting have never been in a dynasty and just don't have a grasp of players ( or future picks ) values.

I am also very much for separating the advice forum into several sub-forums.. off the top of my head something like:

Who Should I Start/Bench

Rate My Team/Draft

Pre-Draft Strategy/Advice

Keeper Strategy/Advice

Commissioners Corner (for rules interpretation/commish advice)

I really think the separation of the advice forum could push some renewed life into it.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to ever post these types let alone a separate forum. What does it matter what someone rates your draft before the season?

To be exact, ATAP is a contract league and not a dynasty league.

I'm here to help, GB

I'd call it a contract dynasty league.

BTW, I am down for a dynasty forum, but like IDP it is not what the "average" fantasy fan is looking for.

Id be in as well, I find myself playing more (D) leagues lately and liking them. Very hard to find information on the internet on a whole about dynasty leagues and value. This could be a good way for the huddle to pull in new clientele too. A forum and updated ranking just to get feedback on your individual thoughts is a good idea. If there were a dependable site out there I would even think about switching from here although atm I think this is the best site out there.

Edited by Dont Rookie Me........

The Huddle should create a "rate my team" application.

But instead of it actually looking at the data supplied, it should just come back with the same response, "Good work! We rate your team at 8.5 and think you have a very good chance at the championship. Good Luck in 2011!"

:wacko: This is good :tup: