[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FF Busts of the Year

BeeR

You could do a top 10 on running backs alone:

1. Ryan Mathews

2. DeAngelo Williams

3. Shonn Green

4. Jonathan Stewart

5. Beanie Wells

6. Ronnie Brown

7. Marion Barber

8. C.J. Spiller

9. Jerome Harrison

10. Brandon Jackson - honorable mention for blowing everyone's waiver budget

Ryan Grant - Lost for season in the first game before halftime. Was my 2nd round pick.

Reggie Bush - Out most of the year and never produced. also one of my draft picks.

Matt Stafford - This guy can't stay healthy. another one of my picks

Brent Celek - Thank god I had Pettigrew, this guy was a Bust.

Chad Ochocinco - Come on Man, I got another bust, at least I drafted T.O. and had Jennings as my #1.

This years season is the most busts and injuries I have ever seen in Fantasy Football. Take your draft board out and go through each round, I guarantee you that half the picks in each round were either injured or a straight up bust.

Looking back at my draft......1 ppt league and 1 pt. every 10 rush/rec....

RBs: Ronnie Brown....a healthy season and scored lower than he did last year playing only 10 games I believe, and now they had a long ball threat

Marshawn Lynch: Projected starter in Buffalo...

Beanie Wells: Whether because of QB play or whatever, a total disappointment....Projected very high in drafts

WRs: Brandon Marshall: 139 pts in ppr leagues, not very good....compared to other seasons....Yes, injury hurt, but not living up to expectations b4 that

Johnnie Knox: Projected as the starter, savior and great WR for the Bears.....Now that Martz is there...130 pts...

Michael Crabtree: A potential #2 WR taken way too high I believe....120 points....

Both Steve Smiths: NYG was a projected #1 WR with the number of rec. he had last year.....And Carolina is just a mess.....

Not really any TEs because of injuries, however,

Team DEFENSES: I know that you take them possibly in the 6th or 7th as a first off the board, and for our league

Jets: First off the board in the 6th, currently ranke 12th overall.....behind the Lions, Cardinals and Seahawks....?

Ravens: A classic pick and would be even lower without the 2 defensive scores last week....ranked 18th....

Vikings: WOW, a potential top 5 defense projected......ranked 29th overall.....only 23 sacks, 1 Def TD, and 12 Ints.....

Edited by Slugs3511

Haven't looked at stats just a general impression of the bigger busts, not the milder ones (in fairness Rice is probably iffy - if only he actually scored)

QB - Favre

RB - CJ, Rice, Greene, D Williams, Benson

WR - Moss, Marshall

TE - Celek

Also Kolb for the dumbasses who predicted big things :wacko::tup:

You can add Ryan Mathews onto that list as well.

9. Jerome Harrison

If I remember right ESPN had him ranked 50th overall pick... My first thought was he'll never live up to anyone's exceptatinos of him... Now Hillis on the other hand is just what the Browns needed. Now if they would only draft some recievers....

Austin had some great games at the beginning of the year and sprinkled in a few decent games. He wasn't the WR1 most drafted, but he didn't stab your team in the back like a Pierre Thomas or D. Williams.

He had 2 monster games to start the year, and has been MIA pretty much since (had one stud-like game in there vs. Tennessee I think). People didn't think Dez Bryant would eat into his production right away. I guess they were right if by "right away" they meant a couple months. And even with Bryant now out, Austin managed two catches last week. Austin was a top 5 WR on many boards this past August. In standard PPR, Austin ranks 36th for WRs if you omit weeks 1 and 2 (when Dez was still hobbled from the preseason). You can potentially write some of this off with Romo getting hurt, but Kitna has put up similar numbers to Romo, yet Austin isn't getting the production.

In other words, a guy that was probably drafted as a WR1 for most people this year hasn't even put up WR3 numbers since week 2. He has had 15 catches in the last SIX weeks. How exactly does that not qualify as being one of the biggest busts of the year?

ETA - I was looking at scoring average per game when I looked at the rankings. Austin was in the low 20s for actual total points scored, so I guess his numbers have been WR3 level, but that still doesn't mean he hasn't been a huge disappointment.

Edited by MTSuper7

I can point to one draft pick that ruined my season, Celek in the 4th round over Cooley. The few other bust picks I made I was able to recover from via the waiver wire, but TE's were extremely scarce, nobody wanted to trade them and I was always too high in the waiver order to be able to pick one up. When I finally was able to get Moeaki in a trade he got injured in his first start for me. I did pick up Jimmy Graham, but by then it was too late.

IMO, poor performance due to significant injuries doesn't count.
Hey somebody gets it, thx

C.J lived up to #1 for sure.

You must have a really weird scoring system. PS the team is about the same as last year.

I didn't mention guys like Spiller and Harrison because they were pretty low round picks...