[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jax @ Indy

redrumjuice

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The division title and the playoffs are on the line. For the Colts, it goes even deeper. Is this the end of their run and the start of the Jaguars’?

No one is admitting to a case of big-game jitters, but both sides were clearly anxious to kick off the confrontation. Colts running back Dominic Rhodes got it started when he referred to the Jaguars as “little brother.”

Asked about a video Caldwell did this week that challenges Colts fans to be the 12th man on Sunday and make noise that would obstruct the Jaguars from hearing quarterback David Garrard’s snap count, Del Rio said: “I think that’s better than piping it in.”

The Colts, of course, were accused by more than one team for piping in crowd noise at the old RCA Dome. The Colts now play in Lucas Oil Stadium, another domed facility.

:wacko:

Some on Twitter got a kick out of Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio’s wisecrack reference to the Colts piping in crowd noise. It was brought up because the Colts have made a plea to the fans to be loud on Sunday, kind of the standard stating of the obvious. Big game. Colts are done if they lose. Jaguars win AFC South and celebrate if they win. Those wearing blue, be loud. Del Rio needled that it was better than piping in crowd noise. Now some, including a longtime Jacksonville writer who evidently doesn’t have much sense for being a responsible professional, actually believe there was something to the old piped-in-crowd-noise thing. There wasn’t. And I’ve written extensively about it.

But the fact that Del Rio doesn’t usually miss a chance to bring it up, each time he comes to Indy, tells you he’s still making the accusation that the Colts have or are still cheating. Which, Jack, they are not. If any Jacksonville writer or even Mr. Del Rio would like, I can personally introduce them Sunday to Lucas Oil Stadium director Mike Fox, a man I’ve known for a long time. A former basketball official, he’s as honest a guy as you will ever find. He once told me that even if the Colts ever ordered him to do something like this, he wouldn’t do it. The city of Indianapolis pays him, not the Colts. Anyway, if you get caught up in the crossfire of baseless allegations, here’s another Paul Harvey reminder of the rest of the story. Truth is, that Monday night years ago when Pittsburgh was in town, a Steelers coach joked about the boom microphones attached to the on-field walls of the RCA Dome. The joke got reported by an ESPN guy, who also mentioned it to a longtime Steelers beat writer, who I understand was just doing his job by reporting the accusation.

But there never has been anything to it. As I tweeted, Del Rio needs to get over it. He’s accused the Colts of cheating in more ways than this. I guess it’s easier to explain or rationalize how the other rival has won six AFC South titles and a Super Bowl ring while you have only one playoff win and no AFC South crowns because the other guy cheated. Whatever.

from indystar.com

For those interested in the actual game, Wilson also reports that it looks as if the Colts will get back CB Kelvin Hayden and WR Austin Collie. It looks like the giant wuss Joseph Addai misses yet another game. Clint Session will most likely miss the game as well.

LOL, I haven't heard whining like this since... well since every game the clots play I guess. Between peyton begging and getting flags to the out of his league caldwell blaming refs, this is rich!

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2010/12/15/187...pid-useless-lie

Look, normally one should never care what Jack Del Rio thinks, says, or does. This guy is so lucky to have a head coaching job, it's not even funny. The accounting departments at MIG and Lehman Brothers are more competent than this guy, whose 65-60 record with only one playoff win and ZERO division titles in seven years pretty much speaks for itself. He's also 4-10 against the Colts.

But seriously. When a head coach flat out lies, or at the very least, perpetuates a myth that has never been proven, that's just pathetic.

:wacko: You kids are hysterical! That is Grade A, whiney Glass Onion bitsch fest right there! :tup:

Just exposing, yet again, your lack of football knowledge.

Here, let me explain.

When you're married to a super model, and you joke she's fat, she doesn't care. It's a joke.

When you're married to mrs.hook and joke she's fat, and she pulls a tank johnson and chokes you out, well maybe she doesn't get the 'joke'.

DEFENSIVE!!!! Read the comments from my last link, man you kids are hateful!

Here, let me explain.

When you're married to a super model, and you joke she's fat, she doesn't care. It's a joke.

When you're married to mrs.hook and joke she's fat, and she pulls a tank johnson and chokes you out, well maybe she doesn't get the 'joke'.

DEFENSIVE!!!! Read the comments from my last link, man you kids are hateful!

Anyone care to interpret these ramblings? Most super models would probably go on a starvation diet, or go throw up their lunch if you told them they were fat. Your logic is flawed.

I gotta say, with no dog in this fight, that it IS pretty sad if the coach has to do a promotional video to get the fans excited for this game.

It's been a long time since the Colts have had a meaningful game at the end of the season. And the new stadium is NOT as loud as the old one, and it holds 10,000+ more people. That may be because we are all groaning after watching Peyton throw 4 pick-sixes in the last two home games, nevertheless, the crowd does need to do better.

Edited by CaptainHook

I gotta say, with no dog in this fight, that it IS pretty sad if the coach has to do a promotional video to get the fans excited for this game.

Your average Colts fans think the only way to support the team is to buy a ticket. They didn't know you have to cheer, too.

Your average Colts fans think the only way to support the team is to buy a ticket. They didn't know you have to cheer, too.

When on the road, we hear reports almost every time the opposing team tells the fans they need to be louder to try and disrupt Manning. Even in Kansas City. Lucas Oil Stadium is sold out. We will be loud. It's just a shame the new stadium, due to the way it's built, is just not as conducive to noise. Those Teflon coated Domes really make it LOUD!

Edited by CaptainHook

After reading these comments, I felt compelled to start a profile that I will likely abandon within a few weeks. But Colts fans get me really irritated. Unitas retires and the Baltimore/Indianpolis Colts remain largely irrelevant for DECADES, and in the AFC East basement. Then one year, they lose so many games in one season, they get the first pick of the draft and strike gold with one of the greatest QB's of all time (statistically). But instead of being civil about Indy's playoff run and AFC South dominance, you Colts fans are the most arrogant, smug fans I've ever come across, and you think that Manning will never get old. The longer he has to carry an entire franchise, the faster his already aging arm will wear out. Were you all not paying any attention to Brett Favre's steady decline over the last 5 years? Your offense is Manning, Saturday, Wayne, and EIGHT OTHER GUYS. Your defense is Freeney, Mathis and NINE OTHER GUYS. It doesn't matter if the Jags beat the Colts this Sunday or not; we were picked by all the "experts" and fantasy dorks to be dead last in the South. This is a team that improves week to week, while the Colts are clinging to Peyton's arm. Every season there is one winner and 31 losers. Who cares how many times you've made the playoffs (then gotten eliminated)? You have one ring, and that's great, but...against the Chicago Bears? Led by Rex Grossman? ...Really? The NFL is cyclical; it's not a matter of 'if' a team starts a losing tradition, but 'when'. And WHEN Manning leaves, Indy is going to fall HARD. Wise up and realize he's at the tail end of his career, and stop looking down your noses at us Jags fans. There's blood in the water, and you know it...and so do we.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cf...ling-qb-garrard