[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears can clinch

JUMbotron

If the Packers lose at New England

and Chicago wins at Minnesota...

......The Bears clinch the NFC North. I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it.

(Also, I noticed the Bears rank #3 in scoring defense, allowing 17.5 pts per game, even after that Patriots beating.)

That's pretty sad actually.. The Packers could go toe to toe with any team in the league. The Bears are a disgrace of a team. Their fate lies on whether or not it's "that time of the month" for Cutler. They remind me of the 07 Giants.. just pinballing around the league... watch them win the Superbowl now too.

Edited by BeerLeagueQB

That's pretty sad actually.. The Packers could go toe to toe with any team in the league. The Bears are a disgrace of a team. Their fate lies on whether or not it's "that time of the month" for Cutler. They remind me of the 07 Giants.. just pinballing around the league... watch them win the Superbowl now too.

:wacko: The Bears had some struggles with the offensive side of the ball because they have Cutler and a new Martz system. The defense has actually been playing very well all year. And for once, they've been staying healthy. The packers are a solid squad but to say the Bears are a disgrace is going too far.

:wacko: The Bears had some struggles with the offensive side of the ball because they have Cutler and a new Martz system. The defense has actually been playing very well all year. And for once, they've been staying healthy. The packers are a solid squad but to say the Bears are a disgrace is going too far.

+1 - They are inconsistent on offense, but their D and special teams make up for that. Believe me, I'm not a Cutler fan at all, but it would be scary to think of how good that team would be with a few upgrades on the OL and a more legit WR1.

I am absolutely astounded at how fortunate the Bears have been in the schedule department.

It seems like every single week, the Bears opponent has some major injury to a key player.

Off the top of my head . . .

Eagles= BOTH starting cornerbacks were OUT

Miami= Playing the third string QB

Patriots= 2nd leading tackler on the team is suspended

Vikings= playing the third string QB

Detroit= Top DE in VandenBosch is out

Vikings earlier= Percy Harvin gets hurt, and their starting center gets hurt early in the game

Talk about being in the right place at the right time every single week. . . .:wacko:

I am absolutely astounded at how fortunate the Bears have been in the schedule department.

It seems like every single week, the Bears opponent has some major injury to a key player.

Vikings earlier= Percy Harvin gets hurt, and their starting center gets hurt early in the game

Talk about being in the right place at the right time every single week. . . .:tup:

Not to mention Week 1, where Megatron's game-winning TD didn't count. :wacko:

Not to mention Week 1, where Megatron's game-winning TD didn't count. :wacko:

Yep.

And I am sure there are others in the injury department that I can remember . . . but WOW have they been fortunate/lucky with their opponents!!!

If that doesnt spell "team of destiny", I dont know what does!!!

Talk about being in the right place at the right time every single week. . . .:wacko:

...and this helped the Bears how exactly? I think that game should be exhibit A that with better O-line play and a WR1, they're still a ways out. No contender for the Super Bowl should ever get shellacked like that (take note Jets). Then again, Rex Grossman did play in a Super Bowl.....

Edited by stethant

...and this helped the Bears how exactly? I think that game should be exhibit A that with better O-line play and a WR1, they're still a ways out. No contender for the Super Bowl should ever get shellacked like that (take note Jets). Then again, Rex Grossman did play in a Super Bowl.....

Guyton played very well in relief . . . but that doesnt change the fact the 2nd leading tackler for the Patriots was suspended the week before the game. The point was that key players in a LOT of games for the Bears are missing for the opposing team.

How many times in a season does a team play not one, but TWO teams that have to start their 3RD string QB?? And both games happen to be on the road??

Guyton played very well in relief . . . but that doesnt change the fact the 2nd leading tackler for the Patriots was suspended the week before the game. The point was that key players in a LOT of games for the Bears are missing for the opposing team.

How many times in a season does a team play not one, but TWO teams that have to start their 3RD string QB?? And both games happen to be on the road??

I have to agree with your basic premise. The Bears's record at the moment overstates the quality of this team. They're probably not as bad as the Patriots game suggested, but they'll need more than skill to make a legitimate playoff push.

Just for fun ,,, if the Bears & NE make it to the Bowl what would the line be ?

NE - 17 ??

How did it work out for New England last time their offense was super hot and they played a talented and athletic defense in the super bowl. :wacko:

How did it work out for New England last time their offense was super hot and they played a talented and athletic defense in the super bowl. :wacko:

I'm not even saying that NE can make it to the Super Bowl I was just wondering what people thought the line would be IF these team went to the bowl together ?

So if they did my best guess is the line would be about NE - 17

FYI - My pick is Baltimore & Eagles to be in the Superbowl

This is fun - can I play "what if" for last year when Urlacher broke his wrist 20 minutes into the season?

Get over it.

Scoreboard.

So are you denying that the Bears have been extraordinarily lucky in having the teams they play always seem to have major injuries before they play them? :wacko:

Is this something to "get over" or just a fact?

This isnt an injury that happens week one and lasts all year, this is IMMEDIATELY before playing the Bears, something befalls a key player of the other team.

This has nothing to do with the bears (other than they are the benficiaries of these injuries) because they happen the week before they play, or how healthy their defense has been all year . . but moreso how it is almost like the Bears have voodoo dolls of the other team and are able to capitalize . .

So are you denying that the Bears have been extraordinarily lucky in having the teams they play always seem to have major injuries before they play them? :wacko:

Is this something to "get over" or just a fact?

This isnt an injury that happens week one and lasts all year, this is IMMEDIATELY before playing the Bears, something befalls a key player of the other team.

This has nothing to do with the bears (other than they are the benficiaries of these injuries) because they happen the week before they play, or how healthy their defense has been all year . . but moreso how it is almost like the Bears have voodoo dolls of the other team and are able to capitalize . .

Nope. But you sound like an incredibly whiny little girl. You guys can't win enough games to make the wild card. So keep whining since it's all you have left.

Nope. But you sound like an incredibly whiny little girl. You guys can't win enough games to make the wild card. So keep whining since it's all you have left.

Hmm . . no other teams were even brought up in this thread . . . can you try to stay on topic?

And how am I "whining" at all? By pointing out how fortunate the Bears have been that their opponents have had key injuries? isnt that a statement of fact?

Packers had plenty of chances this season vs. CHI, WAS, MIA, ATL, and DET and failed to capitalize. Bears got their share of breaks, but were able to take advantage. You are what your record says you are.

Not last week. Branch had over 150 yards.

Other than that game I thought they were the top team in the North. With GB losing their top TE, RB, middle LB and QB the last 2 weeks they really couldn't put up much of a fight.

It's too bad too because the final game at Lambeau could have been good.