[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Austin Collie

purplehays

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's crazy to put any of this on Manning. I know you don't want to get your WRs killed but this is football. This is just a combination of bad luck and Collie being susceptible to concussions.

I don't know that anyone could have popped up after the hit he took in Philly. Now we know why Marvin Harrison hit the turf early all those years. . . the middle of the field is a dangerous place . . .

Edited by CaptainHook

I don't know that anyone could have popped up after the hit he took in Philly. Now we know why Marvin Harrison hit the turf early all those years. . . the middle of the field is a dangerous place . . .

I thought about mentioning the same thing. People can say Harrison was soft, but the dude can still probably add single digits.

It was the same exact play that he was killed on in Philly.

The manning comment was serious, the harrison was a joke.

They took a chance with that route, and turned out bad. I hope he makes a full recovery and plays great next year, Curtis Painter will need him.

It's actually completely different. But I wouldn't expect you to know the difference. In Philly, the route was a little deeper and between a safety and cornerback. On the play against Jacksonville, it was the linebacker that made the hit. The play may be the same, but the coverage was different. I think Peyton was trying to put it in there before the safety could come in and make the hit. But instead the linebacker had a great drop and made a great break on the pass.

Edited by CaptainHook

Hear, hear. This has nothing to do with Manning "leading" him into harm's way, as some detractors claim, and everything to do with the fact that a wideout running full bore across the middle of the field will get some serious jarring by an opposing defender running hard right at him.