[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

db help

dj80d

heard on Mike and Mike this morning that Polamalu is probably not playing this weekend.

He did miss practice on Wed. and Thurs but I would be very surprised if he didn't play. Todays practice should

give us a better idea and just make sure that you keep an eye on the inactives

Just read this

Pittsburgh Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu, who missed practice Wednesday and Thursday with a lower-leg injury aggravated in last Sunday's win over the Cincinnati Bengals, is not expected to play Sunday against the New York Jets (9-4), according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

The Post-Gazette reports that Polamalu aggravated the injury when he cut in front of intended Bengals receiver Terrell Owens to intercept Carson Palmer's pass and return it 45 yards for a touchdown late in the first half of the Steelers' 23-7 win.

Polamalu has routinely sat out midweek practices over the last month with an injury the Steelers (10-3) have variously described as being to his Achilles' tendon and ankle.

Polamalu often practices Friday, but the newspaper reports that won't be the case this week and that the five-time Pro Bowler will be replaced in the starting lineup by Ryan Mundy or Will Allen.

Polamalu is a huge reason the Steelers sit in first place over the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC North. The star safety, whose late sack and forced fumble set up Pittsburgh's winning touchdown in a 13-10 victory over the Ravens on Dec. 5, has four interceptions in his last four games, including two returned for a touchdown.

"No one is playing as good as Troy Polamalu in football right now, in my opinion," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said this week. "When we need a play, he provides it."

Polamalu, in his eighth season, has 62 total tackles, six interceptions and one sack on the year.

Just read this

Pittsburgh Steelers strong safety Troy Polamalu, who missed practice Wednesday and Thursday with a lower-leg injury aggravated in last Sunday's win over the Cincinnati Bengals, is not expected to play Sunday against the New York Jets (9-4), according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

The Post-Gazette reports that Polamalu aggravated the injury when he cut in front of intended Bengals receiver Terrell Owens to intercept Carson Palmer's pass and return it 45 yards for a touchdown late in the first half of the Steelers' 23-7 win.

Polamalu has routinely sat out midweek practices over the last month with an injury the Steelers (10-3) have variously described as being to his Achilles' tendon and ankle.

Polamalu often practices Friday, but the newspaper reports that won't be the case this week and that the five-time Pro Bowler will be replaced in the starting lineup by Ryan Mundy or Will Allen.

Polamalu is a huge reason the Steelers sit in first place over the Baltimore Ravens in the AFC North. The star safety, whose late sack and forced fumble set up Pittsburgh's winning touchdown in a 13-10 victory over the Ravens on Dec. 5, has four interceptions in his last four games, including two returned for a touchdown.

"No one is playing as good as Troy Polamalu in football right now, in my opinion," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said this week. "When we need a play, he provides it."

Polamalu, in his eighth season, has 62 total tackles, six interceptions and one sack on the year.

Appreciate it...I guess I just took for granted that Polamalu was sitting out to rest and take it easy...figured that there was no way he would miss a big game like this..I will update the IDP Game Breakdowns accordingly when I do the Friday Injury Report Updates tonight.