[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just when you think the whole Vick thing can't get any more absurd/nauseating

BeeR

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cf...le=HP_headlines

I know I'm spitting into the wind and most of you have this live and let live, oopsies he made a mistake viewpoint, but :wacko: Vick should be allowed to own a dog?? Good idea! Let's start up a foreign exchange student program with Bin Laden while we're at it.

From the link:

"I would love to get another dog in the future," Vick told the website. "I think it would be a big step for me in the rehabilitation process. I think just to have a pet in my household and to show people that I genuinely care, and my love, and my passion for animals."
You're not in court anymore you POS, there's no point in throwing out such genuine BS. Anyone who gives/sells you a dog should be shot (well wait, you first).

"I really mean what I say. I don't have a problem. I'm not a psychopath. I'm not crazy. I'm a human being," Vick told The Associated Press on Thursday.
Riiiiiiiight. Well OK on a biological technicality - I guess. So were Dahmer and Hitler, btw. Cruel and sadistic torture/muder on a massive scale for long periods of time? Yep, nothing psychopathic about that. You don't have a problem. :tup:

"I said it before that I wish I can own a dog, and I'll continue to say it. I'm not allowed to, but I'm just saying I wish I could because my kids ask me every day.
OK that's the winner for most nauseating part of all this. This thing has reproduced??

:vomit:

It just blows me away how low our standards are these days, esp when it comes to ball players, and how anything can be shoved under the carpet, rationalized away, and/or forgotten in a who-cares way. I would not be at all surprised to see someone kill a guy - cold-blooded, premeditated murder - and still play in the NFL with thousands cheering him on if he's good enough. PS: no I'm not saying killing people = killing dogs...but he didn't just run a dog fighting ring. He was actively involved and LOVED it....for a long time....up to and including torturing and killing dogs in ways so sadistic they're medieval. Dogs aren't people, but they aren't cockroaches either, so pls spare us the "just dogs" bit.

/rant

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm spitting into the wind and most of you have this live and let live, oopsies he made a mistake viewpoint, but :wacko: Vick should be allowed to own a dog?? Good idea! Let's start up a foreign exchange student program with Bin Laden while we're at it.

From the link:

You're not in court anymore you POS, there's no point in throwing out such genuine BS. Anyone who gives/sells you a dog should be shot (well wait, you first).

Riiiiiiiight. Well OK on a biological technicality - I guess. So were Dahmer and Hitler, btw. Cruel and sadistic torture/muder on a massive scale for long periods of time? Yep, nothing psychopathic about that. You don't have a problem. :tup:

OK that's the winner for most nauseating part of all this. This thing has reproduced??

:vomit:

It just blows me away how low our standards are these days, esp when it comes to ball players, and how anything can be shoved under the carpet, rationalized away, and/or forgotten in a who-cares way. I would not be at all surprised to see someone kill a guy - cold-blooded, premeditated murder - and still play in the NFL with thousands cheering him on if he's good enough. PS: no I'm not saying killing people = killing dogs...but he didn't just run a dog fighting ring. He was actively involved and LOVED it....for a long time....up to and including torturing and killing dogs in ways so sadistic they're medieval. Dogs aren't people, but they aren't cockroaches either, so pls spare us the "just dogs" bit.

/rant

+1

:tup::wacko::tup:

This has nothing to do with football. The judge has the final say in whether he can own a pet. As of right now, he can't... Yes, he'd be smart to just keep his mouth shut, especially while it's still fresh, but other than that this is non-news until the judges' ruling changes, and regardless, has no place on a FF board.

We get it. Some of you think he's a scumbag. Well, If he still is, then he'll find a way to end up in jail again. Until then, just leave it alone. You're not going to influence anyone's opinion.

Would you allow Ben Rothlisberger to date your daughter (presuming you have a daughter)?

Yes, I am a fan of Michael Vick. Would I let him own a dog? Kind of depends on the answer to this question: how do I think that dog would be treated? Would he be the same person without his cronies around? Does the environment really change a person? What's going to happen if that dog snaps at/bites one of his kids, or him?

On the surface (at a minimum) this does seem like a bad idea. Like hiring a reformed jewel thief to work at Helzberg's. Or allowing a reformed sex offender to be a scout troop leader.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster IMHO. As much as I would like to give him this chance at redemption, I just don't think it's a very good idea...

I can understand what you are saying, BUT...... just one example......

A guy convicted of sexual assault IS allowed to have a girlfriend.

It may be apples and oranges, but our system is set up so you can PAY YOUR DUES and get another chance. Right or wrong that is what it is. If one of the best salesman in pharmaceuticals(for example) got convicted of assault, served his sentence and then was released, you don't think someone would hire him. You can dislike him for what he did, but it isn't his fault someone is willing to hire him because he is GREAT at what he does.

I have a very good friend who worked at the town dog pound for about 10 years before transferring out. To this day, even though he did have a dog for a pet while raising his family he never placed any value on the lives of canines. He had killed so many, I guess he had to become that way, but he never changed even 25 years since leaving the pound. I have had to correct him on many occassions when he visited in his treatment of my dogs. He thought nothing of kneeing them or even kicking when they approached in a calm manner just to say hello and give him a sniff.

I don't think a person that did what Vick did could ever become a responsible dog owner. I would not let a "reformed" pedophile anywhere near kids. I would not let Vick anywhere near a dog.

Uh, he's not saying he wants a pitbull...he wants his kids to be able to have a pet so they, and the rest of scoiety, can move past this, and not always see him for his criminal acts. While you and I may not ever be able to get past it....why should we punish his kids? Don't the deserve to have a pet, and within their core family, be able to try to start respecting their father as a responsible animal owner?

The story that was published nationally is only part of what was released and reported here....perhaps everyone should gather all the facts before making misinformed comments.

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

Would you allow Ben Rothlisberger to date your daughter (presuming you have a daughter)?

Only if you want to have Grandsons in your future that Quarterback their team to multiple Super Bowl victories. Otherwise, no.

:wacko:

Uh, he's not saying he wants a pitbull...he wants his kids to be able to have a pet so they, and the rest of scoiety, can move past this, and not always see him for his criminal acts. While you and I may not ever be able to get past it....why should we punish his kids? Don't the deserve to have a pet, and within their core family, be able to try to start respecting their father as a responsible animal owner?

The story that was published nationally is only part of what was released and reported here....perhaps everyone should gather all the facts before making misinformed comments.

I don't know that much about Vick. Is he married to the children's mother? Do they live together?

this.....

He got convicted, went to jail, served his sentence. Maybe he has changed, maybe he hasn't. And it sounds like he mainly wants a dog because his kids really want one. Who wouldn't want to do something like that for their kids? That being said, comparing him to Dahmer or Hitler is utterly absurd. He has issues, definitely, but a humongous :wacko: goes your way for one of the worst analogies I've ever seen on these boards.

I have a very good friend who worked at the town dog pound for about 10 years before transferring out. To this day, even though he did have a dog for a pet while raising his family he never placed any value on the lives of canines. He had killed so many, I guess he had to become that way, but he never changed even 25 years since leaving the pound. I have had to correct him on many occassions when he visited in his treatment of my dogs. He thought nothing of kneeing them or even kicking when they approached in a calm manner just to say hello and give him a sniff.

I don't think a person that did what Vick did could ever become a responsible dog owner. I would not let a "reformed" pedophile anywhere near kids. I would not let Vick anywhere near a dog.

Your D.O.G. privileges have been revoked.

Seriously, he doesn't deserve to enjoy any fufillment from unconditional canine love after what he did to them. He can get his kids an iguana.

I'm with Rovers here.

Yes, I am a fan of Michael Vick. Would I let him own a dog? Kind of depends on the answer to this question: how do I think that dog would be treated? Would he be the same person without his cronies around? Does the environment really change a person? What's going to happen if that dog snaps at/bites one of his kids, or him?

On the surface (at a minimum) this does seem like a bad idea. Like hiring a reformed jewel thief to work at Helzberg's. Or allowing a reformed sex offender to be a scout troop leader.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster IMHO. As much as I would like to give him this chance at redemption, I just don't think it's a very good idea...

I would, he was not convicted of anything, nor did he commit any crime according to our illustrious justice system, so why not?