[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just when you think the whole Vick thing can't get any more absurd/nauseating

BeeR

I would, he was not convicted of anything, nor did he commit any crime according to our illustrious justice system, so why not?

I would think the threshhold for wanting someone to date your daughter might be a little different than the threshholds applied by our illustrious justice system.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think euthanizing a dog is better for the dog then getting beaten, electrocuted, and smashed on the ground. But hey, that's just me.

Do you think that Vick, after spending more than 1 1/2 years in prison, losing 2 seasons in the prime of his career, losing who knows how many millions of dollars would abuse a house pet in the face of intense public scrutiny?

I don't think so.

If I'm the judge, I'd say its ok, perhaps even fitting, for him to adopt a dog that somebody is, more likely than not, going to kill.

It's funny, I've gone back and forth with this all morning. My knee-jerk reaction was to think that BeeR was going overboard and that nearly prompted me to go with the, "you've got to think dude would watch his step" logic.

But you know what, eff him. No Vick, you don't get a dog. You should be allowed to play QB in the NFL because that is a fine enough job for an ex-con. But you don't get to have a dog. Not that I think you'd abuse it or anything, but this is just something that doesn't seem right after what you did.

It's funny, I've gone back and forth with this all morning. My knee-jerk reaction was to think that BeeR was going overboard and that nearly prompted me to go with the, "you've got to think dude would watch his step" logic.

But you know what, eff him. No Vick, you don't get a dog. You should be allowed to play QB in the NFL because that is a fine enough job for an ex-con. But you don't get to have a dog. Not that I think you'd abuse it or anything, but this is just something that doesn't seem right after what you did.

+1000

Wasn't part of his punishment that he was not allowed to have a dog? Why change that? All of the Vick apologists say he has served his sentence - well part of his sentence is to never be able to own a dog - so continue serving your sentence and get a couple of those Asian fighting fish because that seems a bit more fitting and appropriate.

Do you think that Vick, after spending more than 1 1/2 years in prison, losing 2 seasons in the prime of his career, losing who knows how many millions of dollars would abuse a house pet in the face of intense public scrutiny?

I don't think so.

If I'm the judge, I'd say its ok, perhaps even fitting, for him to adopt a dog that somebody is, more likely than not, going to kill.

You think that someone who has made the decisions that Vick has made in his life has suddenly started making smart ones because of special circumstances?

You probably thought Lindsay Lohan would sober up for a little while when facing jail time, too.

Interesting here that the sentiment of many here is "F Vick"...but that of the Humane Society President supports it:

Meanwhile, Humane Society of the United States President Wayne Pacelle said it's too early for Vick to have a dog, but says it could be appropriate after his probation ends.

"There may be some who would forever deny Michael Vick the opportunity to have a pet. I understand that sentiment. But there is a larger principle at stake here," he said in a statement. "We at The HSUS are about the business of change — personal and societal change."

Interesting here that the sentiment of many here is "F Vick"...but that of the Humane Society President supports it:

I've read more emphatic endorsements in my day.

Sounds more like, "let's not completely rule it out once he's off probation" which is a bit different than, "let's go find that guy a dog."

can he have a chia pet? :wacko:

I agree... perhaps some sort of "trial pet" would be a good idea. You can take a player out of the hood, but you can't take the hood out of a player. It doesn't matter if your black, white, or yellow...I find it hard to believe that him having a pet is a good idea.

Regardless of anyone's opinion.....informed, misinformed, idiotic, scientific, beatific, misogynistic......I don't care......

Would someone (maybe a moderator) please remove this from the fantasy football board.

Ridiculous.

Don't click on it. Don't read it.

Edited by Jackass

I must be the only person that is tired of everyone humaninzing dogs and putting them on the same level as humans. I am not here to defend Vick but too many people in this world put dogs and cats on the same level as humans. I know that they all LOVE YOU unconditionally but would they really just hang around your house if given the choice of true freedom? You have pets and consider them part of your family but the truth is that their not equal creatures to humans. I don't think that gives anyone the right to be cruel to any animal but there are some of us that don't consider dogs as part of your familly, they are just animals. I don't see that what Vick did was any different than a horse racing owner that breeds his horses for profit. I really doubt that a horse that broke down and was put to sleep would have been running races if he was in the wild. He wouldn't be checking his quarter times trying to improve if his owner wasn't pushing him to be a race horse. So hypocrites unite! If you have bet on a horse, eaten a burger, roasted a chicken or baked a ham in your life time then please step up your indignation at the horrific and brutal way some of these other animals are treated, it is no different to the animal........they are treated cruelly and then die for a human's pleasure. I'd rather have Vick killing dogs than people. The bigger problem to me is the people that consider their dog more important than their friends and family.......you all know people like this. Again, not preaching cruelty to animals but let's keep it real about how humans treat animals in general.......it's not good. It's like society feels guilty and is putting Vick on the cross to cover their own sins. Everytime my wife and kids ask for a pet my response is the same.............I would rather have another child.....six so far.......I am hoping for no new requests for pets.

:tup::wacko::tup:

This has nothing to do with football. The judge has the final say in whether he can own a pet. As of right now, he can't... Yes, he'd be smart to just keep his mouth shut, especially while it's still fresh, but other than that this is non-news until the judges' ruling changes, and regardless, has no place on a FF board.

We get it. Some of you think he's a scumbag. Well, If he still is, then he'll find a way to end up in jail again. Until then, just leave it alone. You're not going to influence anyone's opinion.

Ah, the ACLU........fxxxxxg idiots.

Would you allow Ben Rothlisberger to date your daughter (presuming you have a daughter)?

Yes, I am a fan of Michael Vick. Would I let him own a dog? Kind of depends on the answer to this question: how do I think that dog would be treated? Would he be the same person without his cronies around? Does the environment really change a person? What's going to happen if that dog snaps at/bites one of his kids, or him?

On the surface (at a minimum) this does seem like a bad idea. Like hiring a reformed jewel thief to work at Helzberg's. Or allowing a reformed sex offender to be a scout troop leader.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster IMHO. As much as I would like to give him this chance at redemption, I just don't think it's a very good idea...

Rothlisberger is a RAPIST....your assumptions are ridiculous. Vick ELECTROCUTED dogs with his own hands...he's a POS and always will be. You DO NOT rehabilitate from that. A bullit between his eyes would be kind considering what he has done.

I have a very good friend who worked at the town dog pound for about 10 years before transferring out. To this day, even though he did have a dog for a pet while raising his family he never placed any value on the lives of canines. He had killed so many, I guess he had to become that way, but he never changed even 25 years since leaving the pound. I have had to correct him on many occassions when he visited in his treatment of my dogs. He thought nothing of kneeing them or even kicking when they approached in a calm manner just to say hello and give him a sniff.

I don't think a person that did what Vick did could ever become a responsible dog owner. I would not let a "reformed" pedophile anywhere near kids. I would not let Vick anywhere near a dog.

This.

Uh, he's not saying he wants a pitbull...he wants his kids to be able to have a pet so they, and the rest of scoiety, can move past this, and not always see him for his criminal acts. While you and I may not ever be able to get past it....why should we punish his kids? Don't the deserve to have a pet, and within their core family, be able to try to start respecting their father as a responsible animal owner?

The story that was published nationally is only part of what was released and reported here....perhaps everyone should gather all the facts before making misinformed comments.

A goldfish seem appropriate.

I don't think so.

This is why you're not a judge.