[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just when you think the whole Vick thing can't get any more absurd/nauseating

BeeR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be the only person that is tired of everyone humaninzing dogs and putting them on the same level as humans. I am not here to defend Vick but too many people in this world put dogs and cats on the same level as humans. I know that they all LOVE YOU unconditionally but would they really just hang around your house if given the choice of true freedom? You have pets and consider them part of your family but the truth is that their not equal creatures to humans. I don't think that gives anyone the right to be cruel to any animal but there are some of us that don't consider dogs as part of your familly, they are just animals. I don't see that what Vick did was any different than a horse racing owner that breeds his horses for profit. I really doubt that a horse that broke down and was put to sleep would have been running races if he was in the wild. He wouldn't be checking his quarter times trying to improve if his owner wasn't pushing him to be a race horse. So hypocrites unite! If you have bet on a horse, eaten a burger, roasted a chicken or baked a ham in your life time then please step up your indignation at the horrific and brutal way some of these other animals are treated, it is no different to the animal........they are treated cruelly and then die for a human's pleasure. I'd rather have Vick killing dogs than people. The bigger problem to me is the people that consider their dog more important than their friends and family.......you all know people like this. Again, not preaching cruelty to animals but let's keep it real about how humans treat animals in general.......it's not good. It's like society feels guilty and is putting Vick on the cross to cover their own sins. Everytime my wife and kids ask for a pet my response is the same.............I would rather have another child.....six so far.......I am hoping for no new requests for pets.

Conceptually I understand what you are saying, but I must say, you are one warped dude.

I especially feel sorry for your children.

Edited by Turf Smurf

Conceptually I understand what you are saying, but I must say, you are one warped dude.

I especially feel sorry for your children.

He has a good point. Racehorses take one hell of a beating every day (ultimately so someone can make money off of them). But I didn't follow the logic 100% comparing Vick's treatment of dogs to that of racehorses... I don't know that the beating of a racehorse compares to electrocuting or otherwise torturing a dog until its death. And he also has a good point about people treating animals as humans. I know there are people that love their pets and treat them like a member of the family. Heck, even going as far as to dress the dog in a goddam sweater or some other equally embarrassing outfit. I always envision the people who are the most vocal haters typing their hate ridden Vick responses right after changing "Princess" out of the blue cashmere and into the fuchsia cardigan.

As others have mentioned, part of Vick's punishment is that he is not allowed to own a dog. He may want one for his kids, but he needs to realize he cant have one as a consequence of his past actions. He ruined that opportunity for his kids(at least, for a while). Further, if he really cares about his kids (beyond the material things he can provide for them), he can use this as a teachable moment. This would be a good opportunity to show them how mistakes a person makes in life have consequences. I am not sure how old they are, but Vick may be able to teach them some valuable life lessons out of this...

Actually, his argument is closer to a judge's decision than yours....especially since a judge did not impose a lifetime ban for Vick to own pets.

Speaking of horses, this thread has a ton of people that need to get down off their high ones.

on the radio this morning they said a guy from a nearby town punched his girlfriend's daughter's 5 lb. dog in the head and killed it. 14-28 months in prison and $400 it cost him. Do you think he should be able to own a dog when gets out?

on the radio this morning they said a guy from a nearby town punched his girlfriend's daughter's 5 lb. dog in the head and killed it. 14-28 months in prison and $400 it cost him. Do you think he should be able to own a dog when gets out?

Depends - did he say he was sorry?

Actually, his argument is closer to a judge's decision than yours....especially since a judge did not impose a lifetime ban for Vick to own pets.

Speaking of horses, this thread has a ton of people that need to get down off their high ones.

Speaking of tunes, would you be singing a different one if he played on another team ?

"It just blows me away how low our standards are these days, esp when it comes to ball players, and how anything can be shoved under the carpet, rationalized away, and/or forgotten in a who-cares way. I would not be at all surprised to see someone kill a guy - cold-blooded, premeditated murder - and still play in the NFL with thousands cheering him on if he's good enough"

You mean like Ray Lewis?

"It just blows me away how low our standards are these days, esp when it comes to ball players, and how anything can be shoved under the carpet, rationalized away, and/or forgotten in a who-cares way. I would not be at all surprised to see someone kill a guy - cold-blooded, premeditated murder - and still play in the NFL with thousands cheering him on if he's good enough"

You mean like Ray Lewis?

No diaper dirt. I was shocked to see Ray Lewis on the stage at the draft last year with Mr tough guy Goodell. Great role models for the kids coming out of college - Do something horrible and make it big in the NFL. Pathetic.

Sounds like the guy has anger-management issues, more than animal cruelty ones. Should he have a dog? A cat? A hamster? Not sure. I would think the guy would have to go through some anger management classes, and be evaluated by a psychologist before determining what his future would be in terms of animal ownership.

No one, not even the prosecution, felt the need to have Vick evaluated in this regard. :wacko: He did it for money, not for hate of the animals. Doesn't excuse it one iota, and he was punished aptly for his "business enterprise"....but your question is apples to oranges in that regard.

Speaking of tunes, would you be singing a different one if he played on another team ?

Why would any argument regarding a humanity issue be affected by what team he plays for, or for that matter, what anyone does for a living.

But thanks for thinking so little of my ability to separate the two. If that were the case, I'd also think Roethlisberger should never be allowed near women ever again...which would be insane.

Sounds like the guy has anger-management issues, more than animal cruelty ones. Should he have a dog? A cat? A hamster? Not sure. I would think the guy would have to go through some anger management classes, and be evaluated by a psychologist before determining what his future would be in terms of animal ownership.

No one, not even the prosecution, felt the need to have Vick evaluated in this regard. :wacko: He did it for money, not for hate of the animals. Doesn't excuse it one iota, and he was punished aptly for his "business enterprise"....but your question is apples to oranges in that regard.

Why would any argument regarding a humanity issue be affected by what team he plays for, or for that matter, what anyone does for a living.

But thanks for thinking so little of my ability to separate the two. If that were the case, I'd also think Roethlisberger should never be allowed near women ever again...which would be insane.

Chill bro, I was just messing with you.

The fact is, everyone is on Michael Vick's d*ck because he's playing lights out right now. The fact that he feels comfortable enough with his public image right now that he would have the balls to SAY this sh*t??? Guess what, people? He played pretty damn well in ATL, too - seemed like a real up-and-comer! And guess how he chose to spend his recreational time? Funding dog-fighting and MURDERING DOGS.

Please read "The Lost Dogs," a recent book published documenting what happened to his dogs - the anecdotes are sickening and come from all the other people involved in the dog-fighting ring who rolled on Vick to get deals.

No one is perfect

Every sin is a sin ...if you are wrong or did something wrong , well then you did something wrong

We can magnify all wrong actions but at same token in most cases the worse and larger the wrong action , the bigger the punishment and or the bigger the consequences

Vick screwed up immensely ...is he really sorry ? did he pay enough ? i do not know but what i do know is that i am not his Ultimate judge and i am pretty sure none of us are ...The legal system however which we as humans are subject to did convict him and he did spend time in jail

What he did with that time in terms of remorse in terms of forgiveness in terms of making Peace with his Maker , is on him ... not sure about high horses but i do believe we should remember that since none of us are perfect maybe we should stop speaking as if we were sometimes

and would anyone have cared if it was a rat??

I personally think that "little dogs" are nothing but annoying. However people get attached to it. Now if I had a pet rat and someone walked in and kicked it against the wall would he go to prison??? No bet the person wouldn't even be given any sort of fine. The law cares about dogs, cats, and horses (might add livestock here as well) The law doesn't care about a pet squirrel, snake, rat, rabbit and other pets like that. The animal would get buried in the backyard and life would go on....

how do you use it as a teachable moment without your kids hating you and looking at you with fear and disgust?

How do you tell them, even in the most roundabout way, that you used to torture dogs and that's why you can't have any?

I dont know if there is a way. Maybe Vick should have thought about before he got into killing dogs for fun and profit...

No diaper dirt. I was shocked to see Ray Lewis on the stage at the draft last year with Mr tough guy Goodell. Great role models for the kids coming out of college - Do something horrible and make it big in the NFL. Pathetic.

That's America. Money is our engine, not morality.