[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

no alcohol to be served at Vikings/Bears game

tazinib1

This whole thing is comical..... Can't wait to see what actually happens on game day. Frozen pipes and NO heat anywhere. Major CF !!!

There are much better options assuming the actual game is the most important thing (versus some 50th celebration to roll out a bunch of old guys that will be too cold to do anything).

I live in Indy - play the game here. I still miss the old RCA dome - even if it is the same as the MINN stadium.

First off, as long as we're doing this old school, do away with the security checks that prevent people from bringing in their own beverages. Everyone should be toting a flask with them for the game, maybe a pint bottle as well. Do what they do during hockey games at Mariucci (where the Gophers play) and mix up your drinks in the restrooms if you need to use a shelf for that kind of thing.

Also, once the refs blow another god-awful call you have the flask to fire at the zebra. Like I said, old school Minnesota football.

First off, as long as we're doing this old school, do away with the security checks that prevent people from bringing in their own beverages. Everyone should be toting a flask with them for the game, maybe a pint bottle as well. Do what they do during hockey games at Mariucci (where the Gophers play) and mix up your drinks in the restrooms if you need to use a shelf for that kind of thing.

Also, once the refs blow another god-awful call you have the flask to fire at the zebra. Like I said, old school Minnesota football.

When you buy a large coke at a UT Vols game, it seems like they fill it up 3/4 of the way unless you make a point of asking them to fill it all the way up. :wacko:

I'm thinking they bring it in, at -18 it will take each person 20 minutes just to unwrap for a security check. They won't need security checks anyway, anyone going to that game in that weather is clearly there for the football not to start trouble.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

anyone going to that game in that weather is clearly there for the football not to start trouble.

Exactly my point. So why the alcohol ban? Surely, 50,000 people are gonna realize it's not football they are watching. Feed em booze and at least...at LEAST, it can mask the charade. Just sayin'

So why the alcohol ban?

This happened because of a worry wart-off between the U of M and the Minnesota legislature. The U wanted to serve alcohol in the luxury suites only, theoretically keeping it out of the students hands in the bleechers, The legislature said that Joe Sixpack in the seats should have his, too. So, they wrote the funding law for the stadium to stipulate that if alcohol was to be served at the Bank, it had to be served to all fans of age. The U said fine, nobody gets any booze. :wacko: