[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Flyin' Blind

keggerz

I decided that tomorrow I am going to check inactives for the 1pm games and then just prior to kickoff I am powering my laptop down and just going to watch football. Not gonna check scores or anything. Will set an alarm for 3:45 to remind me to check the PM inactives and make any changes that need be but again, not gonna check scores. Will do the same for the Sunday Night Game and while it won't be easy I will try to not even check the scores until after the MNF game has completed.

FWIW, I have 3 games that a win gets me into the Super Bowl and figure why stress about it...just gonna sit back and watch football.

I know it won't be easy but that is the plan...anyone with me? Hell, I don't even know if I will be able to "fly blind" as long as I want.

I decided that tomorrow I am going to check inactives for the 1pm games and then just prior to kickoff I am powering my laptop down and just going to watch football. Not gonna check scores or anything. Will set an alarm for 3:45 to remind me to check the PM inactives and make any changes that need be but again, not gonna check scores. Will do the same for the Sunday Night Game and while it won't be easy I will try to not even check the scores until after the MNF game has completed.

FWIW, I have 3 games that a win gets me into the Super Bowl and figure why stress about it...just gonna sit back and watch football.

I know it won't be easy but that is the plan...anyone with me? Hell, I don't even know if I will be able to "fly blind" as long as I want.

Most weeks I will try this. I usually hold out until about halftime of the 4PM games before I cave. I'm typically within about 10 points or so of my guestimated scoring in each of my leagues, so it's really my opponent's score that is revealed for me when I break down and access MFL. Mayyyyybe some weeks I will hold out until halftime of the Sunday night game, but usually only if I went to the Panthers game earlier and needed a little nappy to "process" the tailgate bourbon. I have noticed LOTS more dudes (and even some chicks nowadays!) constantly hitting up their smartphones at the games so they can track their fantasy teams. In fact, considering the current state of Carolina, there is more buzz when Hightower goes over a hundred yards than when a Panther scores. Of course that's cuz nobody is starting any Panthers ('cept for Taznib.)

I decided several years ago that I was spending more time watching scores than I was the actual games. So now I set my lineups prior to the games and I never check my opponent's lineups. When the afternoon games are over I will checks status at that point. I watch much more football this way and not just the scores/scoring.

I admit: on most weeks I spend more time cheering or cursing at the fantasy scoreboard than at the television. In fact, I use often use the fantasy scoreboard to cue me into what to watch on television, like when a team gets in nthe red zone and I want to see if my player scores a TD.

This fantasy s**t needs to end so I can get back to watching football. Of course, I will probably end up in one or two playoff-oriented fantasy leagues, but at least I don't get as obsessive at that time.

Want me to text you updates for ATAP :wacko:

I don't have the discipline to do this :tup: wish I could though as I have 4 semifinals today and 1 of them being in a league with you but not against you yet anyway :tup:

I have my laptop on my coffee table so I can finish (ahem) special projects :tup:, while popping open the scoreboard as I manage my Sunday Ticket viewings. Today will be busy for me as all but one of my spots are playing at noon. If I could just figure out how to get my project over to that other person... :wacko:

:tup:

GL this week.

I end up working Sunday's at the pizza shop. I'll usually check scores on my break around 4 to see how i'm doing. Other than that I get to listen to the Browns game on the radio and will catch a highlight either walkin into the shop (where we have the game on) or at a customer's house (for some reason most people have the tv facing the door....)

Yeah i'm to stressed at work to worry about being stressed about FF.... And this week I didn't start V jax so have a feeling I'm going to lose because of that.....

This is the first year in a few I haven't had DTV. Since I only get the game that's on, unless it's a game that means something I only watch the first half. I spend most Sundays doing something around the house with the laptop on looking for game headers to go red so I can check them. If there's a team on TV that's about to score and I have a FF player on that team, I'll go back and watch it. Watching an NFL game without the laptop on during the playoffs would drive me insane.

We are celebrating Christmas for my wife's side of the family today. When I leave in an hour or so, I'm out until later tonight.

This is a Nurse Cratchet type of "flying blind" that is being instilled upon me and I don't like it. The haven't invented the innernet where I'm going today...

We are celebrating Christmas for my wife's side of the family today. When I leave in an hour or so, I'm out until later tonight.

This is a Nurse Cratchet type of "flying blind" that is being instilled upon me and I don't like it. The haven't invented the innernet where I'm going today...

do you want to re-set your password and send it to me with directions on changes to make if someone is inactive in our matchup?

And I am being serious.

Let me know if you want text updates or if you want any changes to be made

You'll never make it!!! Curiosity will get the best of you, but good luck and enjoy the games.

Keg - not necessary. It's already been a major success in ATAP. Nobody I have in the lineup is going to be switched out, unless Avril doesn't play.

Tbone - would be nice, but not necessary. Believe it or not, the cell doesn't work at my MIL's house either...it's like Bedrock.

been setting my lineup and getting to the bar around Noon. 1 hour before kickoff. Been doing this for the last 4 weeks.

I'm not going to the bar today. I just made up my mind. I'll be a stats addict. A staddict

Keg - not necessary. It's already been a major success in ATAP. Nobody I have in the lineup is going to be switched out, unless Avril doesn't play.

Tbone - would be nice, but not necessary. Believe it or not, the cell doesn't work at my MIL's house either...it's like Bedrock.

My cell rarely if ever works at my MILs house either...I wonder if they have special jamming devices that they sell to MILs? Actually, my MIL calls herself the Monster-In-Law...but she actually is a wonderful lady and treats me like gold...with the exception of not liking football on the TV during gatherings...but she has allowed it, just doesn't like it

I have my laptop on my coffee table so I can finish (ahem) special projects :tup:, while popping open the scoreboard as I manage my Sunday Ticket viewings. Today will be busy for me as all but one of my spots are playing at noon. If I could just figure out how to get my project over to that other person... :wacko:

:lol:

GL this week.

:tup:

and thanks and GL to you too.