[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Favorite League Type to play in

reconsniper

Hello!

I was just wondering what everyone's favorite league type to play in. The league I currently run is a Yahoo 12 man standard scoring league. I thought next year I would like to make it a little different but I just wanted to get people's opinions.

I was thinking maybe play two QBs but that could possibly cause someone to go without a QB on a bye.

So what is your favorite?

thanks

All kidding aside, I prefer 10-man leagues because at 12 teams the talent gets a bit diluted, and I am also a PPR fan.

Agree on the PPR it makes WR worth more and RB that can catch and run become amazing.

My leauge went from a 10 man to a 12 man and I really did notice a huge differance in the depth of the leauge. Most of the good pick ups i saw happen this year actually happened a week or 2 before the person blew up. I grabbed Lloyd the week before he blew up, and the guy who got Hillis picked him up the week before he blew up. A 12 team leauge requires looking at player potential and planning ahead much more than a 10 team leauge where the WW tends to have more talent.

Heck one of the guys that made the playoffs kept his team together with duct tape and coat hangers.... Last week Rogers getting hurt was the straw the broke the Camel's back for him.

I'm in:

a 12 team, 3-keeper league.

a 14 team dynasty league

a 32 team, homer league

an 18 team survivor league

a 24 team, 2 division, age based league (I'm in the older one!)

a 12 team re-draft league

a six team league, with 4-QB starters, 4- RBs, 4-WRs, 2-PKs, 2-Def out of 25 position rosters

I like em all, except maybe this year, with best finish likely to be a third place or 2!

:wacko:

If you aren't playing IDP you are just playing half the game!

Darn right, IDP or bust for me.

And I definitley prefer Points leagues, H2H has too much damn luck involved for my taste. With points leagues there's no debate as to who put out the most productive players. Sure there's still some luck involved, but the degree is markedly lessened.

I also prefer PPR and individual return yardage. DST's and Kickers....not a prerequisite, I won't base my decision on joining or not joining a league on wether or not they have them, but I will if the scoring for them is wack.

I don't like 2QB or 2TE league unless it's a 10 team league max.

12 team IDP redrafts, 0.5PPR, one QB, TD passes 4 pts.

Dynasty leagues are OK, but I think the luck factor is greater vs redraft. You biuld a team and can watch it fall apert when things in the NFL change. Fitz, B Marshall are just two examples. In redrafts you get a fresh start every year. No lousy orphan teams to pawn off on new owners. I love the rookie draft, but after that don't much like dynasties much anymore.

So what kind of roster size are you looking at for idp?

And I definitley prefer Points leagues, H2H has too much damn luck involved for my taste. With points leagues there's no debate as to who put out the most productive players. Sure there's still some luck involved, but the degree is markedly lessened.

I also prefer PPR and individual return yardage. DST's and Kickers....not a prerequisite, I won't base my decision on joining or not joining a league on wether or not they have them, but I will if the scoring for them is wack.

I don't like 2QB or 2TE league unless it's a 10 team league max.

So what kind of roster size are you looking at for idp?

40 players. Start 3 LB's, 3 DL's, 3 DB's. Typical offensive starting stuff, with flex(s). 1 QB, 1-3 RB, 2-4 WR's, 1-2 TE's. Redraft. 2pt/tackle, 1/asst. 3 INT, 3/sack etc. Easillly my favorite format.

Playing IDP also gives you a much better feel for teams. You learn more about defenses and their variations, from Tampa 2 to 3-4 vs 4-3 defenses. In fact, once you get your feet wet, typically the IDP players will score points more consistanty that their offensive counterparts. There are of course some exceptions, like a J Allen who can be streaky to say the least. Be prepared to take a beating your first year if you join an IDP league. It takes a year to get a good handle on it.

I played in a work IDP league a looooooong time ago, I think at Sandbox or something..anyway they had this unique twist that I haven't seen again and I hope to be able to get MFL to incorporate it into their scoring someday...

basically you could start say

2DL

2LB

2DB

and 1 Flex...if you started an extra DL then it took 10% away from your opponents RB scores....if you started a LB no change and if it was a DB then 10% off your opponents WRs...and on offense if you started your flex at RB vs a team with an extra DB you got +10% points ...and if you started a flex at WR and your opponent was starting an extra DL then the WR got +10% points...at least that is how I remember it but that would really add to lineup decisions on each side of the ball...sorta like putting 8 in the box against a team with a good RB and no QB

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? The league I'm commissioner of is head-to-head, and that's the only format I've ever played. But it does get annoying seeing some people who don't know what they're doing luck out from time to time. It would be nice to elevate the strategic element and eliminate dumb luck as much as is realistically possible.

How do other people feel about points vs. H2H?

Does anyone else have thoughts on this? The league I'm commissioner of is head-to-head, and that's the only format I've ever played. But it does get annoying seeing some people who don't know what they're doing luck out from time to time. It would be nice to elevate the strategic element and eliminate dumb luck as much as is realistically possible.

How do other people feel about points vs. H2H?

Make it an all-play league. High scoring team for the week gooes 11-0 in a 12 team league; low score goes 0-11.

No playoffs...17 week season.

I dunno, I think the real challenge in any FFL is to maximize your results based on the format, scoring rules, and opponents better than the other guys.

If your scoring calls for more poinrs for long TDs, get the guys who score long TDs. If your league seems to reward TEs more highly get the best TEs. If your opponents ignore the WW, make sure you always pick up the best players. Oh, and always start the players who will score the most points, IN YOUR SCORING RULES!

The actual format doesn't really matter. There is no such thing as the BEST.

(Posted by player in 7 leagues all with different mixes of teams and points. See earlier post.)

I run 2 IDP 12 Team Dynasty Leagues(cointracts) which slightly differ from each other.

One league has a 45 player roster and a 15 man taxi squad

The starters are 1xQB, 1xRB (max 2), 1xWR (max 4), 1xTE (max 3) 3xflex 1xK

2xDE, 1xDT (max 2), 3xLB (max 4), 2xCB, 2xS obviously with the one flex position between DT and LB most obviously use LB

The newer of the 2 leagues has 50 player active roster with what will move to a 20 man Taxi Squad this season

The starters are the same on offense in this league but have changed slightly on defense

2xDE, 1xDT (max 2), 2xLB (max 4), 2xCB (max 3), 2xS (max 3) this one has 2 flex positions but this league has also incorporated the tackle for a loss for defensive players aswell and changed up the scoring a bit to make the DT a bit more valuable.

out of the 2 leagues I like the new slightly better but they are both great leagues and very different to alot of leagues out there.