[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AP out

Big John

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most leagues don't (or shouldn't) allow pickups after the first kickoff on Sunday...

Most of mine do. MFL handles that easily. Vikings and Bears WW players should be available. It's for exactly this AP scenario that leagues should be set up that way.

Guy in the league I commish is behind with AP and Bears defense. I just offered to sub AP out for him (he's in his car) but all his reserves have already played, so the only guy he can drop is AP. If he had the first waiver pick, he could drop him and pick him up next week, but he picks eighth. He knew the risk, but still sucks. I don't know why he didn't pick up Gerhart, who's available, but we have short benches. This guy dropped VJax after his goose egg a few weeks ago -- his opponent in the playoffs picked him up and started him.

Guy in the league I commish is behind with AP and Bears defense. I just offered to sub AP out for him (he's in his car) but all his reserves have already played, so the only guy he can drop is AP. If he had the first waiver pick, he could drop him and pick him up next week, but he picks eighth. He knew the risk, but still sucks. I don't know why he didn't pick up Gerhart, who's available, but we have short benches. This guy dropped VJax after his goose egg a few weeks ago -- his opponent in the playoffs picked him up and started him.

Presuming AP plays next week...???

:wacko:

Ahead 103-81 and my opponent has AP (for now). Only move is to drop him and pick up another RB going tonight.

I'm tied with the other team at 98 a piece...he's got AP and I have Bears D......but, he also was smart enough to pick up Gerhart...to be honest, more nervous now that he has Gerhart in lineup.....I was banking on AP being limited with his injuries, on a lousy field......Now, i think they just pound the ball with Gerhart......and he can catch passes too...

Plus, he wont have anyone to share carries with.......

Ahead 103-81 and my opponent has AP (for now). Only move is to drop him and pick up another RB going tonight.

Vikes play at Philly, which just stuffed Bradshaw/Jacobs. I actually just advised him to drop AP and go for the win. Thing is, if he loses, he would play the third-place game next week against the team that has first waiver pick.

Vikes play at Philly, which just stuffed Bradshaw/Jacobs. I actually just advised him to drop AP and go for the win. Thing is, if he loses, he would play the third-place game next week against the team that has first waiver pick.

I hear you. IMHO, I just don't believe the Vikings will push him back. He has no streak and is "the franchise". I see many rolls of bubble wrap for the foreseeable future.

And now my opponent picked up Gerhart.

:crossingfingers:

This is the only maove you can make. There's no tommorow.

I hear you. IMHO, I just don't believe the Vikings will push him back. He has no streak and is "the franchise". I see many rolls of bubble wrap for the foreseeable future.

And now my opponent picked up Gerhart.

:crossingfingers:

This is the only maove you can make. There's no tommorow.

He doesn't want to drop AP. He also has Chicago D, so any Gerhart TDs would mean points taken away from his defensive score. I just checked, though, and Minny D is available, so he could start Gerhart and Minny D, but I think the guy has made up his mind and doesn't want to hear it anymore. Now watch Gerhart and the Minny D go off.

I didn't get burned by AP, but I feel bad for you AP owners.

I have a different problem. In a big $ league I'm in, I have a 23.1 lead over my opponent. My players are done, and he has S. Rice left to play. I was walking around thinking I had this in the bag because Webb was supposed to start for the Vikings. Brett Favre decided to make my evening interesting.

I'm going to have to sweat this out. :wacko::tup::tup:

Edit: it's PPR

Edited by Wolverines Fan

I've already won and in the SB in the 2 leagues I own AP, BUT, they are both points leagues and I could use the points too. I was able to put AP on IR in one league and I picked up Lorenzo Booker (Gerhart and C. Taylor already on teams) but in the big points league I'm screwed. I can't drop Sproles or LT or Stewart so I'm forced to take a zero. Sometimes I just hate FF :wacko:

i benched AP for reggie bush... cuz i didn't have a back up plan.

I didn't bench him and now I have no one to sub in for him in the LLD Toilet Bowl semi-finals. No way I'm promoting Gerhart from the taxi squad. Good thing I've already won this game. However, I really did want to run up the score over tazinib1. Can you blame me? The season's almost over.

Edited by electricrelish

We have a rule that you can't pick up FAs after kickoff of the first game. I'm changing that.

This is in a sick way too perfect. I ride Foster and Peterson to win after win all year, and then.....

oh and glad I didn't pull the trigger on starting V Jackson.

:wacko::tup: