[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When is your lineups due?

Guggs

Just curious when your lineups are due in your various leagues. I don't think I have ever been in a league where you can change them after noon, central time, on Sunday. One of my leagues an owner tried to replace AP with Gerhart just before kickoff and could not due it, tried to explain to him lineups are due on Sunday. Just curious what everyone's thoughts are about when lineups and player changes are due.

WIth the amount of uncertainty over guys playing anymore, I think you have to be able to swap them out last minute if you need to. In one league, lienups are due at kickoff of each player's game, and another at 1:00 PM Sunday. Guess which league I had AD in? I am a little bitter this morning after not being able to sleep much last night!!!

Assuming you are using an online league management site, then kickoff of each players' game.

If you happen to still be doing the ole pen and paper, then it is best to have a fixed time IMO such as Sunday before the AM kickoff so that it is less likely for disputes to come up.

Assuming you are using an online league management site, then kickoff of each players' game.

If you happen to still be doing the ole pen and paper, then it is best to have a fixed time IMO such as Sunday before the AM kickoff so that it is less likely for disputes to come up.

Pen and Paper.....Isn't that a magic act in Las Vegas???

Interesting. We've carried over our Sunday early lineup deadline from the pen and paper days, and nobody's really questioned it for years. The only exceptions are the Thursday games (and the odd Friday/Saturday game). I can see where this could make for some arbitrary issues. It means you have to risk it or go with a safe backup of some kind.

We've also always locked first come, first served waivers (free agents) at the first game of the week, which now means Thursday for the a good chunk of the season. But, on the other hand, we give everyone at least a few days to get players in waiver round format which isn't processed until Friday (Thursday in those Thursday weeks).

Not a compelling reason to leave these that way, necessarily. We've just never revisited this. It started as a work league (and remains populated by current and a couple former employees) and in the old days there was a local live draft and stuff. But 5 or 6 years ago with geographic spread we've moved to live online draft and never really get together as a group, even though a lot of us have played in the league for some time. At least 4 or 5 of us out of 10 go back a decade or more.

Anyway, you're not the only one that still has no lineup changes after Sunday early kickoff. But we don't need to keep it that way. I think I'll bring this one up. I doubt anyone would resist this kind of change; there's no good reason to keep it the old fashioned way.

Most of the games played are the early games Sunday, a few that start 3:00 Sunday, and of course Sunday night and Monday, but what are the odds you still have a player yet to plug in yet Sunday late afternoon etc. Makes sense to let owners change their lineups until Monday night if they have a player left to use.