[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you trust Tamme in your Championship game line-up?

boltnlava

He's been posting 4's for a while now and hasn't seen the endzone in forever. Is it time to drop him? I was thinking with Collie likely out he may be an all day check down for Manning or may just post another 4. What say you? :wacko:

I'm not in a position to have to make that decision. But if I know fantasy football, 90% of his owners with another option will bench him, and he will go off for 20 points. Like clockwork.

No, but are there any TE's you can trust this year?

Mercedes Lewis I've been starting him sense week 4 and has put a solid 10 points (in my PPR leauge so 5 catches for 50 yd on ave) with a lot of redzone targets. He had a couple weeks where he only got me 5 or 6 points but he also had weeks where he gets me 15 to 20 points. He's been a solid TE all year.

There simply aren't a lot of consistent TE's out there, this year, or any year. Most of the reliable ones this year are on IR (Clark, Finley) or could just as well be on IR, for fantasy purposes (Gates). With the exception of Witten, there really isn't a TE in the league, right now, who I would be more confident about starting than Tamme. Since Week 7 (when Tamme took over for Clark), the only TE to score more fantasy points than Tamme is Witten, and Tamme is just barely behind him. Nobody else is even close... Lewis is the next highest, but he's roughly 30 fantasy points behind Tamme during that stretch (Week 8-15), or nearly 4 fantasy points per game less than Tamme.

Graham was good last week, no doubt, but the scary thing about NOS is that there are so many weapons, and Brees spreads the ball around better than anybody. The only Saint, other than Brees, that I start with 100% confidence this week, is Colston. Plus, it was only the week before last that Graham had a whopping one catch for 21 yards (on only one target). Not somebody I'm plugging into my championship lineup, unless I have no better (more consistent) option.

The rest of the TE's in the league... Boss, Daniels, Cooley, Winslow, Gonzalez, Watson, Pettigrew, etc. have all had more poor/mediocre games than decent ones. Vernon Davis? Since Week 7, he's scored less fantasy points than EVERY tight end that I've mentioned to this point. Not even close to Tamme, in overall numbers or consistency. Shiancoe, Keller, Celek? Even worse.

Bottom line... Like I said, Tamme is the best fantasy TE option in the league right now, unless you have Witten, and those two are FAR ahead of the rest of the group.

i would start him over most of hte other options in the league....at least he gets targets ...alot of the other guys its a total crapshoot whether they get 1-5 targets or have that rare monster game or multi td game...ive been going with aaron hernandez and zach miller all year...id much rather have tamme in there

I'm not in a position to have to make that decision. But if I know fantasy football, 90% of his owners with another option will bench him, and he will go off for 20 points. Like clockwork.

Then those 90% need to bench him so I can be one of the 10% to reap the benefits :wacko: .

I always say stick with the players who brought you to the big dance...you may try to get fancy and go with the better matchup or the player whos been hot for 1 or 2 weeks, but if your "Stud" started for your team the majority of the season and he helped you get this far, stick with him in the Championship Game...I know I will

Tamme will be starting for me this Sunday over Cooley