[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

no play rule

osu1322

A friend and I were talking about potential ideas for leauge rules. I mentioned the idea of if someone does start due to injury or whatever replace him with the lowest scoring player on the bench.

The situtation I mentioned was if ur stud like Gore or AP has a Monday night game (like well AP this week) and doesn't play. Ur out of options cause he"s dead in the water. Now if the rule comes into affect and u get ur lowest scoring RB. Even if they only got 5 points that is better than nothing right?

My friend did bring up the situtation that if everyone on ur bench scored really well say 15 pointts it could swing a game into ur favor rather then if ur guy who injuried. But then doesn't that make the leauge more competitive???

I can see some definate pros and cons to this idea but we r trying to get some feedback on thoughts about it.

That's a good point.... the same could have been said for TO last week...

The rule would have to make either say if they get 0 fantesy points or if they don't play. I honestly don't think I'd do the one where they would get 0 points cause some player just have bad game. When Reggie Bush came off injury this year his first game back he had -2 points cause of a punt return fumble and 3 carries for 9 yds...

I would want this rule to just affect players who don't play... If they r out on the field and not getting carries or catchees it's the owners problem for starting them... That is the same thing for injuries too... if someone get hurt during the game then this rule shouldn't apply.

You're entering murky waters and opening yourself up to potential problems.

For example: I lost my playoff game by 12 points because Moreno went out w/ injury in the first quarter after scoring 1 point. Say I was playing under your rule, and I lost because my opponent had Adrian Peterson, and got to swap in a backup who scored enough to beat me because Peterson didn't go.

Doesn't seem very fair to me to reward an owner who risks starting a player that is most likely questionable, while an owner who gets screwed with an early injury gets nothing.

Edited by CurlyDumps

Doesn't seem very fair to me to reward an owner who risks starting a player that is most likely questionable, while an owner who gets screwed with an early injury gets nothing.

This.

Maybe the next step is at the end of the year, instead of giving the league winner a bigger portion of the prize pool you give everyone their money back as a 'Participation Prize".

This.

Maybe the next step is at the end of the year, instead of giving the league winner a bigger portion of the prize pool you give everyone their money back as a 'Participation Prize".

LOL, and maybe a small trophy too!

For our league, if your player 's game hasn't started yet, and you find out that he is out/inactive (and you have another player you can swap in) can do so before the game starts.

Example Monday night. Guy I'm playing against has AP. Peterson is inactive; lucky for him, he had Gerhart stashed on his bench and could plug him in.

Now, if he didnt have Gerhart, he would have been out of luck. Guess that is why always good to hand cuff your studs.

You're entering murky waters and opening yourself up to potential problems.

For example: I lost my playoff game by 12 points because Moreno went out w/ injury in the first quarter after scoring 1 point. Say I was playing under your rule, and I lost because my opponent had Adrian Peterson, and got to swap in a backup who scored enough to beat me because Peterson didn't go.

yeah I get what ur saying it's a slippery slope.... Guess if inactives were given the chance to swap out then injuries would have to get in the same boat.... Like i said we were throwing around ideas to bring up for our leauge... gues this isn't something we need to bring up...

yeah I get what ur saying it's a slippery slope.... Guess if inactives were given the chance to swap out then injuries would have to get in the same boat.... Like i said we were throwing around ideas to bring up for our leauge... gues this isn't something we need to bring up...

Totally fine you brought it up! What the forum is for. This is my first fantasy season and I've dealt with a lot of injuries (Floyd, Matthews, Rodgers, Moreno, Mike Williams-SEA, bleh ad nauseum). So there have been times I've frustratingly wondered, why do they call it a "bench" when you can't put 'em in for an injured player?!

I'll open myself up to ownage with something I've thought about: the ability to assign a bench player to a starter, who would come into the game if your starter went down. So, say your starter goes out at the 15:00 mark. Your bench player would come in for him, so to speak, and play the remaining 45:00. So you get the points your starter scored from 00:00 - 15:00, and the points your bench player scores from 15:01 - 60:00. I like this better than the "team" concept (team quarterbacks, team runningbacks, etc) because it maintains the individualistic nature of Fantasy. Anyone ever thought of doing something like this?

Edited by CurlyDumps

Totally fine you brought it up! What the forum is for. This is my first fantasy season and I've dealt with a lot of injuries (Floyd, Matthews, Rodgers, Moreno, Mike Williams-SEA, bleh ad nauseum). So there have been times I've frustratingly wondered, why do they call it a "bench" when you can't put 'em in for an injured player?!

I'll open myself up to ownage with something I've thought about: the ability to assign a bench player to a starter, who would come into the game if your starter went down. So, say your starter goes out at the 15:00 mark. Your bench player would come in for him, so to speak, and play the remaining 45:00. So you get the points your starter scored from 00:00 - 15:00, and the points your bench player scores from 15:01 - 60:00. I like this better than the "team" concept (team quarterbacks, team runningbacks, etc) because it maintains the individualistic nature of Fantasy. Anyone ever thought of doing something like this?

That is an interesting thought but I think it would be better to be able do 1/4"s.... If ur RB goes out in the first Qtr then u get the back up for the 2nd 3rd and 4th and only get points scored in those qtrs.

that is an interesting concept though.... Haven't tried anything like it but has some potential...

In our league you get one back up player for each position. If the player does not play at all, the player you picked as backup replaces them. You can check to see if a player played even if he doesn't have stats by going to nfl.com and looking up the gamebook for each game. MFL even has an option for you to submit backups with your lineup.

In our league you get one back up player for each position. If the player does not play at all, the player you picked as backup replaces them. You can check to see if a player played even if he doesn't have stats by going to nfl.com and looking up the gamebook for each game. MFL even has an option for you to submit backups with your lineup.

Alright say for instance I have MJD and Torain in my RB 1 and RB2

I can I back up Benson on both of them? so if either one gets hurt or doesn't play Benson steps up and plays or can he only back up one of them???

Alright say for instance I have MJD and Torain in my RB 1 and RB2

I can I back up Benson on both of them? so if either one gets hurt or doesn't play Benson steps up and plays or can he only back up one of them???

The back up is for any player that ends up not playing in that position. If two end up not playing, then you are just out of luck. We've never had that happen though.