[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mendy had 99 yds, not 100. Anyone effected by this?

GoNads

I lost my one league semi final by one pt because of a bad spot by the officials (Tomlin agreed). Our league allows scoring changes until 5:00 pm on Thursday the following week because the NFL releases stat changes on Thursday morning. I am also the commissioner in the league so I'm sure to get flack if the change allows me to win. If they change, I go from losing by 1 pt to winning by 3 (he got 3 pt bonus for going over 100). Big money league as winner gets $1,000.

Thoughts? How is your league handling if at all?

If they "officially" change it, then you should win.

That might be a big "if". Agreed that if it changes, the stat changes should happen (I thought about possible bonus point changes when I read about it in the paper this morning - I HATE bonus points, they are totally stupid) but doesn't changing this stat lead to a whole raft of other changes too if they want to keep the books straight?

What's the issue? Your league provides a rule that governs the situation. If the NFL changes the stat by 5:00 pm tomorrow, you change your scores. If not, you don't.

The real issue is getting rid of that 4 pt yard (its worth as much as a passsing TD in many leagues) by eliminating that arbitrary bonus.

Whatever website you use would most likely automatically make the change. I know CBS and MFL would. If that is the case the league cant give you any gripe about it. It is in your rules and the site changed the score based on NFL adjustments

We have threshold bonuses like that too in our scoring, have for years. I don't think they're that uncommon, although they might only be found among leagues that existed in the era before web-based league management. For rushing and receiving, our 100yd bonus is 5pts, then another 2 at 150 and another 2 at 200. QB passing gets 3pts for 250yds, another 3 at 300 and another 3 at 400 yds. And receptions are 3 points for every 5, with no fractions. This is a more challenging dynamic than just getting 0.6 PPR.

And for the last few years we've been consistent in applying the stats changes. Though we've had some close ones (including ties) I don't recall the stats changes ever actually affecting the outcome of a game. At this point I actually have MFL set for the automatic application. (You can actually choose to have this automatic, or apply the stats changes manually, or not at all.) On late Thursday mornings I get a new set of final results emailed after the stat changes.

As long as the league rules spell it out and it's applied consistently, you're in the clear. If they actually change the stats, those changes apply to the league scoring, and you win. In my only league super bowl win a few years ago, I won by the tiebreaker. (Remember, I'm the commish.) First time that happened, but the rules governing it have been in place for ages. Which isn't to say we haven't sometimes had to clarify things here and there over the years, but we've never had a really serious problem that wasn't already covered.

Assuming that you don't use decimals in your scoring system, in some instances, a 1 yard run will result in as many points as a 9 yard TD run.

That's crazy talk.

I hear that. We have 3 pts/50, rushing OR receiving not combined, and I really hate it! Decimal scoring is the best, IMO.

Edited by The Next Generation

Assuming that you don't use decimals in your scoring system, in some instances, a 1 yard run will result in as many points as a 9 yard TD run.

That's crazy talk.

I know where you are coming from here but the bonuses are based on the entire game. If he were to lose a yard on his next carry and fall below 100 he would then lose the bonus. Its the accumulation prior to and including that one run that gets him the bonus points.

Im not personally a fan of bonuses. The way I see it, if a guy has a good game then his points will reflect that. There is no need to add even more points on top of it. The league Im in implemented them this year but they are slight bonuses. 3 points for 450 yards passing, 2 points for 200 yards rushing, and 1 point for 150 yards receiving. Im still not a fan and would like to see things go back to normal scoring next year.

Edited by jbran23

It took me years to get rid of the stupid yardage bonuses. In my local, that was it. You got nothing for yards until dude got to 100 yds, then you got 3. Then you got another at 125, 150, and 200. Nothing more annoying than watching your RB scratch out those last few yards to get to 100, and then noticing your opponent's kicker just nailed a 30 yarder to cancel that out. The FF leader board was always so jacked up with TD vultures commanding the top spots for RBs and TEs being rendered all but useless.

Decimal scoring with no yardage bonuses is the only way. If you want to dole out bonuses, dole them out for multiple TDs or 3-4 or more FGs. Something like that. It's way less arbitrary.

If Mendy is listed officially at 99 yards then I will end up winning last week and should be in the Championship but NFL.com lists his stats at 100 yards so unless they change that I'm going to stay with the loss by 1 point. Bad spot or not, I don't see them changing his actual official stats to 99. Will they?

Is there a link to these articles saying he should have 99 yards and not 100?

Edited by Whiskey Pimp

It took me years to get rid of the stupid yardage bonuses. In my local, that was it. You got nothing for yards until dude got to 100 yds, then you got 3. Then you got another at 125, 150, and 200. Nothing more annoying than watching your RB scratch out those last few yards to get to 100, and then noticing your opponent's kicker just nailed a 30 yarder to cancel that out. The FF leader board was always so jacked up with TD vultures commanding the top spots for RBs and TEs being rendered all but useless.

Decimal scoring with no yardage bonuses is the only way. If you want to dole out bonuses, dole them out for multiple TDs or 3-4 or more FGs. Something like that. It's way less arbitrary.

Completely agree until the last bit. Why have bonuses at all? A player already having a good game should get even more because some arbitrary number is reached? It's ridiculous. If the NFL worked that way, Cutler would have got a bonus TD on MNF when he got his third one.

One of my leagues has five point bonuses for TDs 50 yards and over, so a 50 yard TD is 6+5.0+5 = 16 while a 49 yard TD is 6+4.9 = 10.9. That yard is worth 5.1 points. :wacko:

Bonuses are insane, IMO, rewarding the already rewarded and flying in the face of the way the NFL works.

Completely agree until the last bit. Why have bonuses at all? A player already having a good game should get even more because some arbitrary number is reached? It's ridiculous. If the NFL worked that way, Cutler would have got a bonus TD on MNF when he got his third one.

One of my leagues has five point bonuses for TDs 50 yards and over, so a 50 yard TD is 6+5.0+5 = 16 while a 49 yard TD is 6+4.9 = 10.9. That yard is worth 5.1 points. :wacko:

Bonuses are insane, IMO, rewarding the already rewarded and flying in the face of the way the NFL works.

FF is a game and bonuses are fun. And it's not like FF mirrors the NFL in every other way. If it did, TDs wouldn't be worth 3-4x more than picks because, by scoring that way, you're a net points gainer even if you throw more picks than TDs, which is something that doesn't go over too well in the real game.

I just don't like them for yards because, within the context of the game, it doesn't necc. matter if a guy gets 99, 100, or 101 yards. I mean, a guy could get 99 yards and they could be happy as hell, because that 99th yard got them the first down they needed to run the clock out. He could get 101 yards but what they really needed was the 102nd he needed to get into the endzone for the winning score.

Scoring, however, is always good (well, with the exception of a guy not taking a dive at the 1 a la B Westy a few years back). So, more TDs is more TDs. Besides, it's small relative. Maybe an extra 2pts for your 2nd TD or something like that (we did 2 for rushing or catching, 3 for passing). So, 12 pts turns into 14

ive never seen where they review a spot of a ball for a 1 yd stat correction.......if by some miracle they do then your league should reflect that change...

i personally like the bonuses for 100yd rush/rec and 300 pass

I agree. The NFL counts how many 100 yard rush/rec games a player had and we all know no one rushes for 100 yards on the Ravens or Steelers so 100 yards is certainly a stat that is tracked. Here's a thought, do players have bonuses in their contracts for say how many rush/rec games they get 100 yards or more? If they do then I can certainly see the NFL officially giving Mendenhall 99 yards instead of 100 because this affects a players bonus, a team's yardage, etc.

Here are the only stat changes from the Elias Sports Bureau that I found on MFL.

New Orleans Saints at Baltimore Ravens

* Marques Colston: from 80 to 81 Yards.

* Jeremy Shockey: from 26 to 25 Yards.

Buffalo Bills at Miami Dolphins

* Kyle Williams: from 0 to 1 Assists.

* Kyle Williams: from 0 Sacks to 0.5 Sacks for 2 Yards.

* Arthur Moats: from 1 to 0 Assists.

* Arthur Moats: from 1.5 Sacks for 10 Yards to 1 Sack for 8 Yards.

So I guess they aren't changing Mendenhall from 100 to 99.

the first error is thinking fantasy works like the NFL , it doesn't :tup: . So that cannot be the basis of any argument.

the first error is thinking fantasy works like the NFL , it doesn't :wacko: . So that cannot be the basis of any argument.

Fair enough although many leagues go out of their way to imitate the NFL in things like divisions, playoff seedings, and so on.

Regardless, I still don't get the point of bonuses when your players are already doing well through regular scoring. Bonuses actually make it possible for a team that gets less regular scoring points to win a game. Consider (ignore TDs, kickers and defenses for this example):

Team A racks up 300 passing yards for 15 points and 5 bonus points for reaching 300. They also get 385 rushing and receiving yards from five players for 38.5 points. One player got 100 yards, so add five more bonus points. Total: 15+5+38.5+5=63.5

Team B gets 299 passing yards for 14.95 points. They also get 450 rushing/receiving yards from five players for 45 points but no-one reached 100 so no bonus. Total: 14.95+45 = 59.95.

Team B loses regardless of putting up 65 more yards. I think that is pure luck and there's more than enough of that in the game already, IMO.

I'm having same issues. Team A had 129.5 and Team B had 129. ESPN league. Just found out they changed scores about 2 hours ago. I'm the commish. The guy that won last week had AP. Found out AP was not playing and chose not to drop him and pick up Toby G. because he had the win. Now Thursday they change the stat line and he loses by .5. ESPN has him playing for 3rd now and the other guy plays me in the Championship. Not sure how to fix this or just leave it alone.

I'm having same issues. Team A had 129.5 and Team B had 129. ESPN league. Just found out they changed scores about 2 hours ago. I'm the commish. The guy that won last week had AP. Found out AP was not playing and chose not to drop him and pick up Toby G. because he had the win. Now Thursday they change the stat line and he loses by .5. ESPN has him playing for 3rd now and the other guy plays me in the Championship. Not sure how to fix this or just leave it alone.

The other guy should have picked up Gerhart and played him since a stat correction is always possible in a game that close.

Pretty sure you can't fix it. There is nothing to fix.