[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rashard Jennings

splotchman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just picked him up in one league and have a claim on him in the other.

Most likely wouldn't start him over Foster/Charles or Turner/Charles in either...

But I'm going up against guys like L McCoy and Bradshaw this week and I'd much rather NOT see my opponent pickup/start Jennings over those guys. Translation, I'd hypothetically start Jennings over Bradshaw or McCoy....assuming MJD is out.

Honestly, if MJD misses Jennings could be around # 10 this week:

Foster, DMc, Johnson, Rice, Turner, Charles, AP, SJax, and McCoy I think I'd place ahead of him. Who else?

Hillis, Blount, BJGE, maybe Torain I think I'd take Jennings over these guys. It is close though. Some of these guys are personal preference of course.

But, he could be a top 10ish option give or take IMO.

Before everyone gets overly excited about Jennings, the Skins held Blount (15 carries for 68 yards) in check after everyone predicted he would tear up the Skins...

I think Jennings is a great start, but if you have guys that have got you to the championship already, do you want to risk it on an unproven commodity in the championship game??

Before everyone gets overly excited about Jennings, the Skins held Blount (15 carries for 68 yards) in check after everyone predicted he would tear up the Skins...

I think Jennings is a great start, but if you have guys that have got you to the championship already, do you want to risk it on an unproven commodity in the championship game??

Couldn't agree more. They did a nice job against Blount (although he was over 4 YPC...).

In their last 5 games:

CJ went 21 for 130 for 6.2 YPC.

AP 6 for 36 and a TD for 6 YPC. Gerhart also had 76 yards and a TD IN WASH.

Jacobs and Bradshaw had 200 yards combined and 4 total TD's.

Blount went 15 for 68 at 4.5 YPC IN WASH.

And Felix/Choice had 120 yards combined and a TD last week.

So in their last 5 games, the best effort for the Wash D was at home against TB and Blount where Blount still went for 4.5 YPC.

So you are not a huge Jennings fan, that is cool, but based simply on numbers this is a great matchup. YES Jennings is unproven over a full game so there is risk involved for sure. And if the game was in Wash I'd be more concerned, but the numbers don't lie. On paper this looks like a HR matchup for Jennings to get 20 touches in.

Edited by giantsfan

Couldn't agree more. They did a nice job against Blount (although he was over 4 YPC...).

In their last 5 games:

CJ went 31 for 130 for 6.2 YPC.

AP 6 for 36 and a TD for 6 YPC. Gerhart also had 76 yards and a TD IN WASH.

Jacobs and Bradshaw had 200 yards combined and 4 total TD's.

Blount went 15 for 68 at 4.5 YPC IN WASH.

And Felix/Choice had 120 yards combined and a TD last week.

So in their last 5 games, the best effort for the Wash D was at home against TB and Blount where Blount still went for 4.5 YPC.

So you are not a huge Jennings fan, that is cool, but based simply on numbers this is a great matchup. YES Jennings is unroven over a full game so there is risk involved for sure. And if the game was in Wash I'd be more concerned, but the numbers don't lie. On paper this looks like a HR matchup for Jennings to get 20 touches in.

+1

Nice breakdown. I couldn't agree more. That's why I'm starting Jennings over Torain, Felix Jones, and Tashard Choice. I love the Cowboys matchup, but I have no idea who will be the beneficiary.

Edited by electricrelish

In PPR leagues, Jennings was darn near startable BEFORE MJD got hurt.

I picked him up 3 weeks ago because of the receiving touches he was getting. If he now gets the rushes also then he's fantasy gold but I don't figure on him suddenly being a one man show. Deji Karim is in the mix also and I could see him getting his fair share of touches. In week 5 vs Buffalo Karim rushed 15 times for 70 yards so it's not a given that Jennings just takes over.

It will be interesting to see how Del Rio uses him. Maybe it will be a one week one man show but Karim could be the sneaky play in non PPR leagues.

In PPR leagues, Jennings was darn near startable BEFORE MJD got hurt.

I picked him up 3 weeks ago because of the receiving touches he was getting. If he now gets the rushes also then he's fantasy gold but I don't figure on him suddenly being a one man show. Deji Karim is in the mix also and I could see him getting his fair share of touches. In week 5 vs Buffalo Karim rushed 15 times for 70 yards so it's not a given that Jennings just takes over.

It will be interesting to see how Del Rio uses him. Maybe it will be a one week one man show but Karim could be the sneaky play in non PPR leagues.

agreed...!!! Very well that Jennings gets the start, but doesnt get the 20-25 carries that everyone assumes he will get....Karim could be used as well....s/b interesting

as an MJD owner I have Jennings in there......although I also have Blount/Torain and have been switching Blount in and out for Jennings about 5 times yesterday.

I wouldn't/don't expect 25 carries for Jennings. I am thinking 15 or so and 4 or 5 catches. Maybe 20 or so touches. That is my thinking.

That should be enough to make him a close to top 10 RB.

Look, there is risk involved with Jennings for sure. Anyone who acts as if there isn't is kidding themselves. He could certainly lay an egg, which does concern you in a SB on some level. Wash now expects him to play and will prepare accordingly. It is much easier to sub in and out when MJD is the horse than it is to be the guy.

Now with all that said he also has clear upside. As a guy who has performed well in his chances to play. Plus they have a great matchup in a MUST win game at home. And he should get 20 touches +/-.

So I think Jennings comes down to how risky are you willing to get? Because if he is real he could produce a big day tomorrow. That is the question here. Do you take the risk...

I am buying the hype. I added Jennings to one lineup, and I am starting him over Blount. I need the higher upside of Jennings in the explosive Jags offense as I am going up against (gulp) an owner starting Rivers and VJax, who look to be good for at least a pair of aerial daggers against my team.

I am buying the hype. I added Jennings to one lineup, and I am starting him over Blount. I need the higher upside of Jennings in the explosive Jags offense as I am going up against (gulp) an owner starting Rivers and VJax, who look to be good for at least a pair of aerial daggers against my team.

Blount has been solid at home all season long (having better games there) and is facing a porous Seattle D.......

Playing the MJD owner this week. I put in a bid of $7 (all I have left) and hope the other owner doesn't out-bid me. He has more FA money left.

Playing against the MJD owner too. Picked up Jennings as a free agent yesterday morning. He's now starting McFadden and Hiilis instead of McFadden and MJD. Didn't want him to grab Jennings and now I am thinking of starting him along with Torain. (LT, Westbrook, Best, M. Morris are my other options to start with Torain.)

Playing against the MJD owner too. Picked up Jennings as a free agent yesterday morning. He's now starting McFadden and Hiilis instead of McFadden and MJD. Didn't want him to grab Jennings and now I am thinking of starting him along with Torain. (LT, Westbrook, Best, M. Morris are my other options to start with Torain.)

i think McFadden and Hillis are solid starts