[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Idea for different scoring for playoffs

Jackass

Here it is: whether 4 or 6 teams make the playoffs, once you get down to 4 teams for the final two weeks, use the total for the last two weeks and the team with the highest total wins the title, 2nd highest gets 2nd, etc. Avoids one bad week ruining an entire season. Thoughts?

Not a bad idea, but if you are going to do the "2 week total" thing, may as well just play total cumulative points for the year & avoid the H2H ups & downs altogether. Maybe I'm just too conventional, but I'd struggle to get my head around a playoff system that was contrary to that used during the entire regular season.

Not a bad idea, but if you are going to do the "2 week total" thing, may as well just play total cumulative points for the year & avoid the H2H ups & downs altogether. Maybe I'm just too conventional, but I'd struggle to get my head around a playoff system that was contrary to that used during the entire regular season.

You'd struggle to get your head around it??? Oh, brother.

Ok, different language ... I'd prefer not to use a different approach to deciding how games are won/standings are determined in the FF playoffs than the approach that is used during the regular FF season.

"It's why they play the games". Unless I'm missing something, the idea in this thread is not to play the games.

Ok, different language ... I'd prefer not to use a different approach to deciding how games are won/standings are determined in the FF playoffs than the approach that is used during the regular FF season.
I use to play in a league that played a 17-week regular season head to head. Our playoffs coincided with the real playoffs. For the fantasy one though, the league essentially switched to a salary cap system where you had a fixed amount each week and you had to sign players whose worth was based on their season's performance. If the player was on your regular season roster, then they were 1/2 price.

It was my first league and quite a bit of fun that way, but the scoring was radically different then any league I've seen since, and the site closed their fantasy doors a few years ago...I'd imagine partially due to it being so radically different then mainstream fantasy sites.