[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pizza on the egg

detlef

The only time I clean it out is when I need super high temps or if I'm going to smoke a piece of meat over night (e.g.,pork butt). Otherwise, I just roll with what lump I have in The Egg and I add to it as needed.

However, I am religious about cleaning it out in the two examples cited. The Egg expects little and gives much.

The only time I clean it out is when I need super high temps or if I'm going to smoke a piece of meat over night (e.g.,pork butt). Otherwise, I just roll with what lump I have in The Egg and I add to it as needed.

However, I am religious about cleaning it out in the two examples cited. The Egg expects little and gives much.

Guessing a shop vac would be a nice way to take care of this?

• 4 weeks later...
I have a shop vac and using it on the Egg never occurred to me.

I have a shop vac and the only thing I use it for is cleaning the egg. The key is you have to have a dust bag installed. Similar to this.

That will save the main filter which I don't even use. Then just replace the dust bag every few times you clean the egg.

Cleanliness is very important for high temps on the egg. I recommend a total cleaning between each bag of lump charcoal which is about 5-7 cooks. Obviously you can go longer but its harder to heat up and really hard to get super hot.

I have a shop vac and the only thing I use it for is cleaning the egg. The key is you have to have a dust bag installed. Similar to this.

That will save the main filter which I don't even use. Then just replace the dust bag every few times you clean the egg.

Cleanliness is very important for high temps on the egg. I recommend a total cleaning between each bag of lump charcoal which is about 5-7 cooks. Obviously you can go longer but its harder to heat up and really hard to get super hot.

I was headed to Home Depot today anyway. I'll pick one up -- need to clean the egg to smoke some pork butts this weekend for the game. Thanks!

I was headed to Home Depot today anyway. I'll pick one up -- need to clean the egg to smoke some pork butts this weekend for the game. Thanks!

Mmmmm. Pork butt is my favorite thing to make. So easy and so delicious!

Make sure that you remove the ceramic innards from time to time to get all the ash that falls through the 4 side holes in the base and all will be right with the world.