[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Homefield advantage question

Seahawk

FF is a game.

How in the Seven Hells do you get a home field advantage in a game?

Do you get an extra 2 armies when you cash in a card when people play Risk at your house? Maybe you get $250 instead of $200 for passing go in Monopoly, but only if the game is played at your house. Maybe an extra pop of the dice every fourth turn if we play Trouble at your place? An extra river card is the monthly poker game is in your garage?

Seriously. WTF?

In Dash-4, the team seeded #1 has 'home field advantage' throughout the playoffs. Therefore, if that team ties an opponent in a playoff game (unlikely since we use decimal scoring), the #1 seed would win the game. If the game were the #3 seed vs the #6 seed, the #3 team has 'home field advantage.'

Essentially, and simply, it is our system of breaking ties in the playoffs.

In my CFL leauge for the AFC and NFC playoffs the home team gets to start a flex player (Ie either a 3rd RB, 4th WR or 2nd TE)

In the Fantasy Bowl both teams start the flex player.

We have done this since day 1 for 14 years home teams get an extra player in both the regular season and in the playoffs and I know 99% of people here think it sucks everyone in my league loves it because it really makes playing for that #1 seed that much more important in each conference.

For reference to compare my records at both Home and Away games it is interesting that despite getting an extra player at home and being against an extra player on the road my records are the same in the regular season.

In 14 years

My home record 59-36

My road record 59-36

In the playoffs

My home record 9-2

My road record 4-3

The playoff records probably account more for the better team being at home then just having the extra player.

Edited by Henry Muto

In Dash-4, the team seeded #1 has 'home field advantage' throughout the playoffs. Therefore, if that team ties an opponent in a playoff game (unlikely since we use decimal scoring), the #1 seed would win the game. If the game were the #3 seed vs the #6 seed, the #3 team has 'home field advantage.'

Essentially, and simply, it is our system of breaking ties in the playoffs.

I concede that this is at least rational, although it has a pretty persuasive counterargument also. With decimal scoring I would imagine the odds of having it invoked during the limited action in the playoffs are extremely remore.