[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Emerging Players from 2010

Scorcher

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't like about Best is the injury concern. I remember posting in the pre-season that he won't last past week 3 (or something like that). He's soft and the 'Fat Guys in Tight Pants' like tough guys.

I thought that they liked feet?

Edited by MikesVikes

What I don't like about Best is the injury concern. I remember posting in the pre-season that he won't last past week 3 (or something like that). He's soft and the 'Fat Guys in Tight Pants' like tough guys.

Injury concerns about him were due to previous concussion(s) and his size...he was hampered by TURF TOE and that had nothing to do with his size or past head injuries

Edited by keggerz

How much is left of Finelys contract? He's so injury prone, I wonder if GB looks at other options and frees up that capital for other players?

Craziest post to date. Finley is GB's best weapon for Rodgers. And he's extremely young. How is he injury prone again? Green Bay already has plenty of room under the cap... So many directions to go with this. Wowzers.

Zero chance that he isn't extended. Remember that Rodgers loves him some Finley. And the Packers will keep the franchise player happy.

I normally don't spend a high pick or much cash in an auction on a QB. I'm eyeing Josh Freeman as a cheap starter next year. He's really been solid with few interceptions on a team that wasn't expected to do much. Seems to be quite the leader as well.

Puddy drops mad knowledge.

what do you all think about Tolbert?

Alotta charger fans seem to think Sproles will be gone becasue he's been playing on the franchise tag for a couplea years, so I wonder if Tolbert still gets his with Mathews doing some of the things Sproles did, and Tolbert taking the heavy work wearing out defenses to finish off games and goal line duty.

What we need to see is Matthews in a full training camp. Can he gain Turner's trust as a 3 down back? This is the guy I expect to push 20 touches a game.

I also like Bradford ALOT, especially in dynasty formats.

Done and done.

For those that use a wr-wr strategy to start, who will you target as a RB in round 3? For me this slot was Charles. Others went with Mccoy. who will be the guy next year?

Torain - I think most owners will steer clear of Shanahan's RBs, but its obvious that when Torain is healthy, he's Mike's boy....just like TD was. I won't overdraft him, but I don't think I'll have to.

Maclin - 3rd year break-out season coming-up off a 900 yard, 10 TD season? I'll take it.

Green-Ellis - while others may take the sexier RBs, I'll grab the guy who's team is always in the Red Zone, always scoring TDs

Miles Austin benefits more from Romo being back. Kitna had a chemistry with Bryant, not Romo.

Austin's #'s weren't great when Romo was in this year. Bryant without injuries :crossesfingers: and another offseason and training camp with Romo under his belt can only grow. Romo will find chemistry with a guy who can leap and make plays in the redzone. Bryant's fantasy production will be higher than Austin's next year, but they'll both be good.

Others went with Mccoy. who will be the guy next year?

As soon as Vick became the starter, I made a post about the implications to the rest of the Eagle starters. I was mocked, stoned and flogged. I won't be drafting McCoy next year...or any of the other Eagle skill positions for that matter unless they are an exceptional value.

Ok I'm dissapointed.... 2 of top 3 WW pick ups (other than Vick) haven't even been mentioned....

Peyton Hills- I understand he isn't going to go "under the radar" but he definatly had his break out year this year and showed he can be a RB. The only concern is his tough nose style of running might shorten his career and possible make him injury prone. I definatly see him as a 2nd or 3rd rounder (depending on format)

Brandon Lloyd - He has proved to be the best WR in Dev this year. Regardless of who's throwing him the balll I still see him being a top WR next year and can't imagin him going any later then a 5th rounder (in std leauges) and as high as a 2nd or 3rd rounder in PPR leauges.

I also second Torain, Blout and Mike Wallace..

Under the radar I like Michael Hoomanawanui (TE for the Rams) he's had an injury prone rookie year but he has some cemestry with Bradford and could become a solid play at TE next year.

Edited by osu1322

Any love for Jerome Simpson for next season liked him alot coming out and last week maybe was just the start of his coming out party. To date he has had very few chance with the bengals maybe now they will give him a chance to shine next season, I would have said late round steal but sometimes these guys that flash something late in the season will get over drafted the next season.

Any love for Jerome Simpson for next season liked him alot coming out and last week maybe was just the start of his coming out party. To date he has had very few chance with the bengals maybe now they will give him a chance to shine next season, I would have said late round steal but sometimes these guys that flash something late in the season will get over drafted the next season.

You mean like Jerome Harrison this season?

Not sure what to think of Simpson. Granted, someone has to catch the ball in Cincy, and it sounds like Palmer will be there but Ocho and TO won't. So without knowing what other plans the Bengals make at WR, Simpson is definitely a guy that is worth consideration in the later rounds next year.

I'm wondering if Celek can build on his stats from last week ...

Also, will Tamme be given much of a role once DClark comes back next year; since he's been playing, he's been the #2 or #3 TE in PPR leagues.

Also, at RB, you've got to think the log-jams in CAR, OAK and DAL clear themselves up a bit and one or two worthwhile guys end up with more touches as a result.

If Tebow is the QB in DEN, it'll be interesting to see if DThomas steps up, if BLloyd remains the #1 or if someone else steps up...

Quite a bit of the uncertainty will depend on what each team does during the labor issues and which players find ways to workout together, etc. in hopes of getting work-stuff figured out.