[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

DeAngelo Williams

Brentastic

I think Dwill is a top 5 talent and for his sake, I'm hoping he plays for a team that can make him fantasy relevant again. Anyways, I was just looking at the team that could use a RB, some moreso than others but my list is small, narrowed down to teams who could really use a stud RB.

My discussion question to you huddlers, is which team is the best fit? I'd really like to see him go to IND, I think he would be dominant there. So here's the short list of teams that could really use a stud RB:

ARI

DET (is Best an every down RB?)

GB (they would kill with Dwill)

IND (also would kill with Dwill)

MIA (Brown has too many surgeries and Ricky is old)

SEA (they definitely need a RB)

SF (if Gore doesn't rebound from hip surgery, this would be a potentially good fit).

I'm sure there are other teams that could stand to upgrade, but these teams could use instant help.

Discuss.

I was thinking about this the other day. I doubt the Colts do it, but I think they should let Addai walk. It would be awesome to sign DeAngelo Williams.

The problem is that Peyton Manning is also a free agent, and is the Colts first priority. They really can't go sign anyone else until Manning's deal gets done. Add in the uncertainty with the CBA, and I really doubt it happens. Adam Vinatieri, Clint Session, and Charlie Johnson are also free agents. After Manning, I would think the next priority would be a left tackle. Do they draft one? Re-sign Charlie Johnson? Look to free agency? Once that is finalized they can make some other choices regarding their RB situation

Edited by CaptainHook

I was thinking about this the other day. I doubt the Colts do it, but I think they should let Addai walk. It would be awesome to sign DeAngelo Williams.

The problem is that Peyton Manning is also a free agent, and is the Colts first priority. They really can't go sign anyone else until Manning's deal gets done. Add in the uncertainty with the CBA, and I really doubt it happens. Adam Vinatieri, Clint Session, and Charlie Johnson are also free agents. After Manning, I would think the next priority would be a left tackle. Do they draft one? Re-sign Charlie Johnson? Look to free agency? Once that is finalized they can make some other choices regarding their RB situation

If the Colts signed Dwill, Colts would win back-to-back SBs barring injury.

lol - right. Colts need an injury-prone RB, not enough of those on the team. That'd put them over the top. :wacko::tup:

I do agree they need a legit RB badly, but there are bigger needs. As usual Manning makes Colts a lot better than they are (even given his brief INT-happy spell) and the OL is thin/suspect. The Colts D also blows (again, as usual). They need to address OL and DT more than anything else. A stud LB would also be refreshing. Anyway.....

Even if it was a great fit, no way do the Colts sign him. Not their style.

I just hope he leaves, finally opening the door for you know who to become a top 10 RB. Oh wait...they have a horrible OL and a new offensive scheme coming to town. :sigh:

Won't a healthy Jeff Otah change that in a hurry? If the new HC is a 'cheap, young option' ya who knows what direction he'll take things. Still, I'd love to see these 2 split because Stewart deserves a chance to take the reigns.

He'll make a great situational backup somewhere for a decent amount of money. Lets do Portis next....

DWill a situational backup?

:confused:

This smells exactly like the type of situation Belicheck uses to his advantage. Underappreciated stud vet that he signs for less than his market value by selling the Super Bowl ring potential. Corey Dillon all over again. And with his skill set would he ever thrive in that O.

Edited by Bronco Billy

DWill a situational backup?

:confused:

This smells exactly like the type of situation Belicheck uses to his advantage. Underappreciated stud vet that he signs for less than his market value by selling the Super Bowl ring potential. Corey Dillon all over again. And with his skill set would he ever thrive in that O.

As much as I hated D-Wills presence, I picked him up in a keeper league after he went on the IR andd was dropped for that very reason. Situational back-up?? Hardly..as long as he leaves Carolina, all is good.

As much as I hated D-Wills presence, I picked him up in a keeper league after he went on the IR andd was dropped for that very reason. Situational back-up?? Hardly..as long as he leaves Carolina, all is good.

He had one great year amd has split time and/or sat backup to some unimpressive talent. You may be right, I may be right, but he doesnt do

anything for me. Keeper league? Thats a mistake unless you have MULTIPLE spots

He had one great year amd has split time and/or sat backup to some unimpressive talent. You may be right, I may be right, but he doesnt do

anything for me.

You're going to lay Fox's idiocy on DWill's doorstep? He was easily the most underutilized RB in the league for years. He put up great numbers with the workload he got and for some reason Fox could not find a way to get him enough touches unless forced to do so.

why would you think NE would need a rb. BJGE looks pretty good and woodhead to complement?

Because neither of those two can carry DWill's jock? Let's be serious. We're talking about the acquisition of a 3 down stud RB vs two guys who are no better than solid pros. Let those two provide depth behind Williams.

why would you think NE would need a rb. BJGE looks pretty good and woodhead to complement?

Besides the fact that he's an elite back and all teams need elite backs, I think NE would sign him just to keep him off the Jets or Dolphins, who will be sniffing around him too.

...in 2007 the Pats were 13th in rushing and 5th in rushing TDs...

...in 2006 the Pats were 12th in rushing and 4th in rushing TDs...

...In 2005 they were not good...

...in 2004 the Pats were 7th in rushing and 8th in rushing TDs...

Etc.

It's the system. 2005 was the year they tried to transition to the "stud back". of course it was Maroney they were transitioning to. Whoops.

Again, I would not be surprised to see them pick up Williams, and for many of the reasons JUM says, but I would not bet on it. Unless he wants to come play for a discount. I don't see the Pats paying superstar RB money.

Besides the fact that he's an elite back and all teams need elite backs, I think NE would sign him just to keep him off the Jets or Dolphins, who will be sniffing around him too.

I wouldn't buck you in this if you were talking any other team, but that's just not Bill Belichick's style.