[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huskies dominating .....

theprofessor

Bowl games are about who is happy to be there, and who is disinterested..... No excuse for Nebraska, they ought to be ashamed they didnt win by at least 3 TDs last night.

You seem deeply conflicted with your own opinion. Should I disagree with you before I agree with you before you disagreed with yourself?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowl games are about who is happy to be there, and who is disinterested.

OH, now I get it ...... Now, I see why you use this as justification. Oklahoma was disinterested when they played Boise State and West Virginia a few years back and that's why they got embarrassed and dominated. Had nothing to do with being outcoached and outplayed on the field? And then when they played USC and got humiliated and destroyed 55-19 it was because USC was "happier to be there than Oklahoma and the Sooners were disinterested. Thanks again for enlightening us on the difference between winning and losing bowl games. T00L :wacko:

I'd like to take back some of what I said. Jake did some things with his feet that were pretty unique, even to the college game. His feet were a major factor on 3rd downs in the second half. I love the leadership and what he has done for the program. I hope that doesn't get lost in my rants. There was no better ambassador for a program this season in college football. I'm proud of Jake for getting that winning season and a bowl victory, and I think that this win can be the stepping stone to much bigger things in coming years.

The bigger story was how disinterested Nebraska was to be there, but I don't mean to take much away from UW. After not being to a bowl for 8 years, and being beaten so terribly by Nebraska a few months back, this game was HUGE for the program and the state. I'm not understating that. All I'm saying is that you are going to see this offense take a huge jump next year, once we have a quarterback that can complete a pass every now and again. You will never again see a Steve Sarkisian QB complete 5 passes in a game.

The bigger story was how disinterested Nebraska was to be there

I'm very interested in what it is that shows you how "disinterested" a team is in playing in their bowl game?

Is it the look of disinterest in the players faces in the huddle? On the sidelines?

When they pan to the sidelines do you see a look of disinterest on the coaches faces?

Is it the offensive game plan that, to you, looks so "vanilla" that it must mean their disinterested?

Is it because when the QB and tailback gain an additional 4+ yards after initial contact that the defense must be disinterested?

Is it that when the OL and Dl continually get whipped at the LOS that it must mean they are disinterested?

Did you watch a pre-game interview where one, or more, of the players or coaches said " We really don't have much interest in this game". If you did, send me the link because I would like to see it.

I understand that in many football games .... HS, College or the NFLone team comes out more fired up to play than the other team. And often times the team that appears to "want" it more plays at a very high level and wins, but disinterested? I hear you and "Mr. Multiple Alias" use this term a lot, just curious as to how you determine that these players in bowl games, with all the pageantry, the build-up to the game, wanting to impress scouts to enhance their draft status, pride in their school, pride in themselves, wanting to win the last game of their college career, etc. etc. have no real interest in winning. Please give me an tangible example of how Nebraska had no interest in this game. And please, use something other than they beat Washington by 5 TD'S earlier in the year. That's weak. That was week 3. As Pelini said "this is a different time, this is a different team". Perhaps week 3 was a fluke? I'll wait ....

OH, now I get it ...... Now, I see why you use this as justification. Oklahoma was disinterested when they played Boise State and West Virginia a few years back and that's why they got embarrassed and dominated. Had nothing to do with being outcoached and outplayed on the field? And then when they played USC and got humiliated and destroyed 55-19 it was because USC was "happier to be there than Oklahoma and the Sooners were disinterested. Thanks again for enlightening us on the difference between winning and losing bowl games. T00L :wacko:

This has nothing to do with Oklahoma. Ou didnt whip those teams on the road by 5 TDs earlier that season. No one is making excuses for OU, or even Nebraska. Nebraksa got beat, no doubt there is no excuses. But it certainly doesnt mean they were not disinterested in playin a team they completely destroyed earlier that same season. Geez, You are such a tool.

The announcers said it through the game, they talked about it on ESPN afterward, even in the paper the next day it was mentioned. everyone sees nebraska wasnt that interested in this game, and thought they could just show up and win by 5 scores again. You are the only one who thinks all of a sudden now UW is the better team.

I'd like to take back some of what I said. Jake did some things with his feet that were pretty unique, even to the college game. His feet were a major factor on 3rd downs in the second half. I love the leadership and what he has done for the program. I hope that doesn't get lost in my rants. There was no better ambassador for a program this season in college football. I'm proud of Jake for getting that winning season and a bowl victory, and I think that this win can be the stepping stone to much bigger things in coming years.

The bigger story was how disinterested Nebraska was to be there, but I don't mean to take much away from UW. After not being to a bowl for 8 years, and being beaten so terribly by Nebraska a few months back, this game was HUGE for the program and the state. I'm not understating that. All I'm saying is that you are going to see this offense take a huge jump next year, once we have a quarterback that can complete a pass every now and again. You will never again see a Steve Sarkisian QB complete 5 passes in a game.

The thing with Nebraska is that they are totally one dimensional and if they get behind in games, they can't come back. If we want to talk about horrific QB play in this game, look no further than to NU who's QBs could not hit the broad side of a barn. Also, the NU O-line play was equally horrific. They were routinely getting beaten on 3 man rushes when they had 6 blocking. It was a pathetic display. Locker's stats weren't great but if you were watching the game, you know the stats don't tell the whole story. Locker made the plays he needed to and managed the game superbly. He wasn't great passing the ball but he was 10x better than the NU QBs.

I do agree that there are better QBs in the 12-Pac though (i.e. Luck and Foles). I would not judge him on his career record as his first 2 seasons he played with zero talent around him. Washington is just getting started in terms of winning seasons. It's tough the rebuild from the complete mess Willingham left. All that said, Locker will still be a 3rd or 4th round pick in the upcoming NFL draft IMHO.

UW won their last 4 games in a row and NU lost 2 straight. At this point in time after watching the game, the better team is UW. Part of being a better team is heart. NU had none. To argue NU is a better team right now than UW but were just disinterested is just a cop out. As they say, scoreboard. UW had it. Right now, UW is the better team.

Edited by Trojanmojo

I have doubts that Locker will ever be a successful NFL QB, but he ain't lasting until the 3rd or 4th round.

You could be right about that. Maybe that's just where I think he fits. He's got great athleticism but I do have some doubts about accuracy. I also think there are probably 2-3 better QB options in the draft. That said, in April Mel Kiper said he'd go #1.

You could be right about that. Maybe that's just where I think he fits. He's got great athleticism but I do have some doubts about accuracy. I also think there are probably 2-3 better QB options in the draft. That said, in April Mel Kiper said he'd go #1.

His draft stock has fallen since April, but not to the 3rd or 4th round. He will do his thing at the cominbe, and guys who do what he does don't get passed up by every team 2 or 3 times. Is there anyone projecting him to go that low? I just looked at 3 different mock drafts to make sure I wasn't crazy and they had him going 8, 11, 13 overall.

His draft stock has fallen since April, but not to the 3rd or 4th round. He will do his thing at the cominbe, and guys who do what he does don't get passed up by every team 2 or 3 times. Is there anyone projecting him to go that low? I just looked at 3 different mock drafts to make sure I wasn't crazy and they had him going 8, 11, 13 overall.

Only me. The experts are high on Locker. I'm not as high on him as the experts but that's why they're the experts I guess. I don't see anyone projecting him going below the 1st round. The 3rd or 4th round projection is only where I'd take him. He'll go higher. :wacko:

The thing with Nebraska is that they are totally one dimensional and if they get behind in games, they can't come back. If we want to talk about horrific QB play in this game, look no further than to NU who's QBs could not hit the broad side of a barn. Also, the NU O-line play was equally horrific. They were routinely getting beaten on 3 man rushes when they had 6 blocking. It was a pathetic display. Locker's stats weren't great but if you were watching the game, you know the stats don't tell the whole story. Locker made the plays he needed to and managed the game superbly. He wasn't great passing the ball but he was 10x better than the NU QBs.

I do agree that there are better QBs in the 12-Pac though (i.e. Luck and Foles). I would not judge him on his career record as his first 2 seasons he played with zero talent around him. Washington is just getting started in terms of winning seasons. It's tough the rebuild from the complete mess Willingham left. All that said, Locker will still be a 3rd or 4th round pick in the upcoming NFL draft IMHO.

UW won their last 4 games in a row and NU lost 2 straight. At this point in time after watching the game, the better team is UW. Part of being a better team is heart. NU had none. To argue NU is a better team right now than UW but were just disinterested is just a cop out. As they say, scoreboard. UW had it. Right now, UW is the better team.

What he said. :wacko:

This has nothing to do with Oklahoma. Ou didnt whip those teams on the road by 5 TDs earlier that season. No one is making excuses for OU, or even Nebraska. Nebraksa got beat, no doubt there is no excuses. But it certainly doesnt mean they were not disinterested in playin a team they completely destroyed earlier that same season. Geez, You are such a tool.

The announcers said it through the game, they talked about it on ESPN afterward, even in the paper the next day it was mentioned. everyone sees nebraska wasnt that interested in this game, and thought they could just show up and win by 5 scores again. You are the only one who thinks all of a sudden now UW is the better team.

Just one more example. Thank you.

agreed- I think he goes 10-20 range in the 1st rd.

his stock will do nothing but go up from here on out. He will kill it at the combine and scouts will be drooling over his talent and potential. Tebow was a first rd pick and Locker, while not showing he has a full grasp of playing the QB position and having "it" yet, is superior in every facet physically

I think he will be one of those guys that imrpoves dramatically at the NFL level with the right coaching and tutoring.

Edited by wildcat2334

his stock will do nothing but go up from here on out. He will kill it at the combine and scouts will be drooling over his talent and potential. Tebow was a first rd pick and Locker, while not showing he has a full grasp of playing the QB position and having "it" yet, is superior in every facet physically

I think he will be one of those guys that imrpoves dramatically at the NFL level with the right coaching and tutoring.

On the money.

There's a few things I can't get past. First off, Tebow was not projected as a 1st rounder, he just happened to got there. Also, Tebow got extra credit for the "it" factor that got him drafted as high as he did. But here's the thing. Dude actually put up amazing numbers. Locker didn't.

So, why should Locker go earlier.

Apparently they both have "it". Mind you, the entire nation knows that Tebow did. Only those in Seattle know that about Locker because, even if he was surrounded by horrible teams, he simply didn't log many wins.

Apparently they both have a knack for making plays, even if it's not pretty. Again, I have to take your word on it because you can only make so many plays and still end up losing as often as they did. And honestly, I'm not saying this in a mocking tone. I'm just saying that Tebow's version of making plays resulted in SEC crowns, BCS wins, and a Heisman.

But still, Tebow was considered a reach at 20 something. And Tebow had gaudy freaking numbers to go with all his intangibles.

So, it sounds like a less prolific version of the same type of QB. So why should he go that high?

He may improve dramatically at the NFL level but I always figured those guys got picked at points in the draft where teams didn't have to count on them right away.

As for Tebow's success paving the way (which was mentioned earlier, not in your post). Tebow has put up nice enough numbers in very specific situations or against below average teams. I think GMs are going to want to see a bit more before they all line up and get their own version of him.

How ironic before the Fiesta bowl, Kirk says tonights game will be determined by how motivated Oklahoma is in tonights game.

And the announcers when mentioning OUs woes in the past also bring up the same thing. Guess everyone is wrong, but one clueless UW fan. :wacko:

Looks like Oklahoma was FINALLY interested in winning a bowl game. :tup: Finally found a matchup they could win. Heck of a basketball program though. :lol:

Love Andy Dalton. The kid is a great QB.

He's a good college QB but there's a vast difference in winning 42 games in his conference vs. the competition in the Pac-10. Take nothing away from their win today and their season...it's not like the level of competition will rise when TCU joins the Big Least.

He's a good college QB but there's a vast difference in winning 42 games in his conference vs. the competition in the Pac-10. Take nothing away from their win today and their season...it's not like the level of competition will rise when TCU joins the Big Least.

when utah runs rough shot in the Pac-10 next yr, and the throttling TCU put on them might change your mind. the Pac-10 is better known as the Pathetic - 10 when it comes to defense.

I think the game just shows how off track the offense of Nebraska has gotten. We have a solid defense but we are getting to the point where NU is completely dependent on the D to win games. THe offense has no identity, makes mental mistakes, and can't take care of the ball. I knew replaying a team in the same year would be trouble. Obviously UW felt disrespected and wanted revenge and Nebraska came out flat. The game just shows how punchless this offense has become over the years. If this pathetic showing on offense is the final straw into us getting a new offensive coordinator than I'll officially be happy that it happened. Martinez looks more like forest gump than a QB at times. He's blazingly fast but makes mental mistakes constantly (although redshirt freshman do that) and he doesn't lower his pad level when running into the 2nd level. HIs running style completely opens him up for taking big hits and he becomes very mediocre when hobbled. Pelini needs to clean some house on the offensive side of the ball. We need a new OC and quite possibly a better WR and Line coach. The turnovers and mental mistake penalties have become a systemic thing at NU and changes need to be made. We aren't really a power running team and then we typically rely on a QB that doesn't throw very well to throw to WRs that don't really catch very well. UW deserved the win and congrats to them. Of course we play Washington again on the third game of the season next year so we'll see what happens when the same two teams play 3 times in about 13 months.