[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 DRAFT: players, positions you think teams should or will take

BeeR

With Lynch I can tell you that he's never been injured, and the talent is still there...
Yeah, that's why Fred Jackson was out-playing him and they drafted Spiller. "Talent is there" is buyable for rooks but not after a guy's been around as long as he has and mostly stunk as much as he has in recent years. I'm happy to concede it isn't their absolute biggest need, maybe I shouldn't have put it there, but IMO it is more than a slight need position as Lynch cannot be counted on for various reasons.

Green Bay has question marks at the position. Ryan Grant broke his leg, is inching closer to 30 and is due a lot of money. I'm a massive Grant supporter, but I think he's a middle of the pack runningback. He's tough and decisive, but not a big time player. Mark Ingram or Mikel Leshoure could come in and be the most talented back by a country mile. Grant is a really good player, but I don't think he's capable of greatness. What he did in 2009 is his ceiling, and who knows if he ever gets there again.
RB is an up n coming need for GB but not next year. Grant is above average and doesn't have to be a "big time player." Rodgers takes care of that. They just need someone solid, which I think he is.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see the Rams going o-line with Jason Smith, Rodger Saffold, Jacob Bell, and Jason Brown anchoring the line - they're all about 26 or younger. The're fairly set at LB. I think either Steven Jackson's heir apparent, or somebody in the secondary, maybe even d-line. A lot of talk on a local board about WR, but I think they'll wait until 3rd or later in the draft for that and play the FA market there too. Maybe not even do much there at all with emerging Alexander, Amendola, Gibson, and maybe Clayton gets healthy and wants to come back (would've thunk saying that about Mark Clayton?). And Mike Hooemanaooi Hoomanaananooo Illinois Mike at TE (if he can stay healthy). The coaches love this kid.

Just my :wacko:

LB seems like a HUGH need to me...Lil Animal is solid but outside of him it is like ::tup:

Yeah, that's why Fred Jackson was out-playing him and they drafted Spiller. "Talent is there" is buyable for rooks but not after a guy's been around as long as he has and mostly stunk as much as he has in recent years. I'm happy to concede it isn't their absolute biggest need, maybe I shouldn't have put it there, but IMO it is more than a slight need position as Lynch cannot be counted on for various reasons.

RB is an up n coming need for GB but not next year. Grant is above average and doesn't have to be a "big time player." Rodgers takes care of that. They just need someone solid, which I think he is.

Fred Jackson is a good back. Marshawn Lynch was in the dog house last year, and this year did nothing to endear himself to the Bills coaching staff.

And you're right. You follow the Packers closer than I. Rodgers doesn't need a better runningback, because improving at a position isn't important. Why anyone chimes in on this thread is beyond me.

Green Bay is solid at WR, QB, TE, DBs. MLB, oneOLB and three of the 5 OLine positions. If the BPA is a RB and there isnt an OLB, or OL available you better believe they'd look that way. Remember, during the season GB inquired about runningbacks from other teams. Grant is a 28 year old coming off of a broken leg. Nothing is set in stone.

Fred Jackson is a good back. Marshawn Lynch was in the dog house last year, and this year did nothing to endear himself to the Bills coaching staff.
You keep ignoring how much he sucked the last few years...when he did get his chances, he mostly sucked, being easily out-played by Jackson.

And you're right. You follow the Packers closer than I. Rodgers doesn't need a better runningback, because improving at a position isn't important.
:wacko: Yeah that's what I said.

A lack of ability/interest to simply discuss this capped off by the hissy BS means it's time to move on.

You keep ignoring how much he sucked the last few years...when he did get his chances, he mostly sucked, being easily out-played by Jackson.

:wacko: Yeah that's what I said.

A lack of ability/interest to simply discuss this capped off by the hissy BS means it's time to move on.

Lynch has looked pretty good in the fourth quarter tonight... Lynch is a runningback that needs carries to put up stats. He's not a big play back, he's a guy that pounds you and wears you down... So yeah, when he was suspended, then came back uninterested/not a major part of the gameplan his stats went to crap. You continue to argue about Lynch in 08 and 09 as if thats the entire story. Any simpleton can see that Lynch has still got it in the fourth quarter tonight. If he's not hit behind the line of scrimmage he's going to get you yardage. If he has time to move forward he's going to end up falling forward for tough yards.

And it is a lack ofinterest to discuss the packers situation with someone who is hardheaded and confused about what they're watching... Someone has a great sig that says to never argue with an idiot. I'm not going to your level because you'd beat me with experiance.

Green Bay airs it out all of the time because they have to. Ryan Grant was serviceable. He has question marks and it remains to be seen if he can be that same guy... Even if he could, you have to wonder what Rodgers and company could do with a more than serviceable runningback. Either way, Green Bay is deep enough that unless there is a much better OLB sitting there in the first, it's not out of the question that they take a runningback.

Against St. Louis, the Seattle O-line seemed to have a resemblance of run blocking ability for about the first time in 6 years. Some of that carried onto the game against the Saints, even before that play. Anyone who has seen Marshawn Lynch or Justin Forsett run game after game could see that ability at the RB position wasn't the issue.

BeeR is a crusty stubborn old fart and isn't going to change his mind no matter the obviousness. He does serve a certain entertainment quality.

Anyone who has seen Marshawn Lynch or Justin Forsett run game after game could see that ability at the RB position wasn't the issue.

BeeR is a crusty stubborn old fart and isn't going to change his mind no matter the obviousness. He does serve a certain entertainment quality.

Having watched both of them play their entire collegiate and pro careers, I can confirm what PON has said - they both need carries to look decent. Putting them in jumbled RBBCs isn't going to make either of them look impressive.

Lynch didn't look superb until J.J. Arrington left Cal, and Forsett looked sub-par until Lynch left.

Having watched both of them play their entire collegiate and pro careers, I can confirm what PON has said - they both need carries to look decent. Putting them in jumbled RBBCs isn't going to make either of them look impressive.

Lynch didn't look superb until J.J. Arrington left Cal, and Forsett looked sub-par until Lynch left.

Lynch and Forsett are not the best RB tandem of all time. But I think it's a near certainity that Seattle won't be spending high draft picks in the 2011 draft to upgrade that position.

Edited by bushwacked

Against St. Louis, the Seattle O-line seemed to have a resemblance of run blocking ability for about the first time in 6 years. Some of that carried onto the game against the Saints, even before that play. Anyone who has seen Marshawn Lynch or Justin Forsett run game after game could see that ability at the RB position wasn't the issue.

I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that Marshawn Lynch has little flash in his game and usually isn't known for outrunning guys for 60 yard TDs. I have to think that's why BeeR and other Lynch nay-sayers have there opinion on him. I've always loved the style of play he brings to the field, and that run yesterday was the greatest playoff run I've seen in my lifetime. He's a gritty between the tackles, bruising runningback with a nasty stiff arm. I find it funny that BeeR dislikes him so much, but is quick to defend the not so different style of Ryan Grant.

First 7 picks:

Carolina

Denver

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Arizona

Cleveland

San Francisco

All 7 teams need a qb although a couple probably won't admit to it. There could be a lot of qb's taken early.

I think the Browns are content to give McCoy another year. DE and LB are more pressing as is a WR

Cowboys need secondary help, and a LT which I hope they can get in FA.

Falcons need another hard-nose RB if they don't re-sign Snelling. Norwood is Fragile Freddie without the good years at this point. I think they need another corner too. Grimes is a nickle guy (but he's got more heart than I've ever seen) and Dunta Robinson should be shown the door.

Cowboys need secondary help, and a LT which I hope they can get in FA.

Falcons need another hard-nose RB if they don't re-sign Snelling. Norwood is Fragile Freddie without the good years at this point. I think they need another corner too. Grimes is a nickle guy (but he's got more heart than I've ever seen) and Dunta Robinson should be shown the door.

My brother-in-law was the starting QB at Shippensburg. He was a teammate of both Grimes & Kuhn. The year Grimes came into camp, he would call me and let me know how practices were going. He said, "I keep getting picked off by this freshman corner. He is all over the place and is leaping up and picking me off." Who know that kid would end up being an NFL corner. It's pretty cool that two kids from my BIL's D2 college football team are starting in the NFL.

The guy seems to come on the field saying "You might out run me or out jump me, but you will NEVER out-scrap me. Grimes is listed 5' 10'', 185. I'd actually guess he's more like 5' 8" 165 myself. But damn, does the guy have heart.

My brother-in-law was the starting QB at Shippensburg. He was a teammate of both Grimes & Kuhn. The year Grimes came into camp, he would call me and let me know how practices were going. He said, "I keep getting picked off by this freshman corner. He is all over the place and is leaping up and picking me off." Who know that kid would end up being an NFL corner. It's pretty cool that two kids from my BIL's D2 college football team are starting in the NFL.

nope, not gonna happen...eagles will extend DJax and while I think they could trade Kolb I have a feeling they like having him as insurance due to how Vick plays the game

I was just throwing an idea out there. How do you know for sure that the Eagles will extend Jackson? I'm not trying to bust your stones but you seem to be stating a fact where I merely gave a possibility.

I was just throwing an idea out there. How do you know for sure that the Eagles will extend Jackson? I'm not trying to bust your stones but you seem to be stating a fact where I merely gave a possibility.

i should have said it was my opinion that they will extend DJax...but to be fair I have also read that too...just can't recall where it was.

First 7 picks:

Carolina

Denver

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Arizona

Cleveland

San Francisco

All 7 teams need a qb although a couple probably won't admit to it. There could be a lot of qb's taken early.

Cke won't take a QB. They have McCoy who will be developing (and has been developing well this past season) plus Delhome and Wallace r both still under contract. Cle does need a WR IMO more than anything else. Part of the problem with Cle is the current WR can't get open. The top 2 recievers this year were Ben Watson and Peton Hillis.... That means the QB has went through his reads and checked down to 1 of those 2..

I also don't think Dev will go after a QB. They will put their faith in Tebow IMO and trade Orton. I really think Dev need to beef up their D fence to be competive next year. I haven't had a chance to watch their D at all this year so I don't know what they need.

The other 5 teams will have to address the QB issue. We'll have to wait and see what moves r made in the off season.... Orton, and Vince Young, will most likely play into this QB picture.

nope, not gonna happen...eagles will extend DJax and while I think they could trade Kolb I have a feeling they like having him as insurance due to how Vick plays the game

I think Eagles will move a QB, but not DJax....they'll just replenish the QB position because moving Vick or Kolb could improve the team way too much not to do it....