[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Serious question: Week 17 Championships, WHY?

keggerz

Week 17 Championships  

31 members have voted

1. 1. If you have a week 17 Championship is your league a:

• Free League
    • Pay League
    • N/A My league has a week 16 Championship Game

Just curious why leagues still have Championship games in week 17.

I know the 1st league I was in loooooong ago used to go 17 weeks but it didn't take long for us to change that.

So I am serious when I ask, WHY?

Edited by keggerz

Just curious why leagues still have Championship games in week 17.

I know the 1st league I was in loooooong ago used to go 17 weeks but it didn't take long for us to change that.

So I am serious when I ask, WHY?

does anyone still have week 17 except free leagues ??

Buddy of mine is in the championship of a pay league this weekend. He dominated the league all season but has a bunch of inactive starters today.

If I did play in a week 17 league it would for sure need to be team QB & 30 player deep roster ,,, even then I don't think I would do it

Doesn't really make sense to have Week 17 championship anymore. Indeed, our Week 16 championship game goes all the way back to when we first started head-to-head play like about 10 years ago, from what I remember. And I definitely remember getting screwed by resting starters even in Week 16 (not this year, but maybe about 5 years ago).

That said, in our league we also have a total points prize, equal to to the championship prize, and that point count does go through Week 17. Some years it's still competitive then, some years it isn't. This year I'm ahead and have one guy 32 points behind. So that's pretty competitive. He has Vick (and Fitzpatrick), so had to scramble to pick up a QB to get a few points this week. So the Week 17 stuff comes into play, a little, but not with the head-to-head play.

i have never been in league with title game in week 17 and i am pretty sure i would never join one with this format

to work all year to get to title game and then have it in a week when so much of fantasy is thrown complete out the window with players resting , teams not giving a crap , etc seems like a total waste

Buddy of mine is in the championship of a pay league this weekend. He dominated the league all season but has a bunch of inactive starters today.

His opponent sat Brady for Bradford, I guess because the Pats had everything wrapped up. Thing is, that league has team QBs. Brady and Hoyer have combined for almost 300 yards and 3 TDs through three quarters. :wacko:

For 20 years I had gone with a week 17 championship game.

From 1990-2009 all the leagues I ran (3-5 throughout the years each year)

Finally enuf was enuf and I could not take it anymore and went to week 16 this year.

I don't ever remember it being this bad on players sitting on until the last 5 years.

Given my total this week vs last week and opponent's total this week vs last week, I wish we had Week 17 championship. Hell, I could have beat his LAST week's lineup with this week's total, even with very little from Brees. And I'm sure it's not the first time I've been in the championship game and had a better total in Week 17. (I've lost 3 times before and won just once.) Ah well.