[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Post season Fantasy Football

Bricktop

6 Teams - we draft the following:

2 QB

2 RB

4 WR

2 TE

2 K

2 D/SpT

Each team starts everyone . If your player's team loses you lose him. I like it because you don't necessarily draft the best players. You draft the players that you think will get to the SB. Team with most total points after the SB wins.

2 QB

2 RB

4 WR

2 TE

2 K

2 D/SpT

Each team starts everyone . If your player's team loses you lose him. I like it because you don't necessarily draft the best players. You draft the players that you think will get to the SB. Team with most total points after the SB wins.

I play in a very similar shema with some local people, most of whom are also my competitors in my big money local. Hell, I would play fantasy football using spring workouts and NFL combines if there was an online platform for it.

2 QB

2 RB

4 WR

2 TE

2 K

2 D/SpT

We do the same thing with 6 teams, except we draft 3 RBS (since there are plenty of RBs to choose from with 12 teams in the playoffs), as well as a Flex spot.

We start:

3 QB

5 RB

5 WR

2 TE

2 K

2 D

You pick from the playoff teams, once that team is eliminated you lose that player. One catch is we start in week 17, so with high-performing guys (such as Rodgers this week) you take a chance by putting them on your roster if that team hasn't locked up a playoff spot.

Scoring

4 pts for TD pass

6 pts all other TD

2 pts for 2-point conversion either run/caught/thrown

6 pts for a Safety

3 pts for any FG

3 pts for 100yd Rusher

3 pts for 100yd Receiver

3 pts for 300yd Passer

1 pt for an extra point

2 QB

2 RB

4 WR

2 TE

2 K

2 D/SpT

We have 6 tems as well - I like this format!

Thanks for all the input guys

I play in a very similar shema with some local people, most of whom are also my competitors in my big money local. Hell, I would play fantasy football using spring workouts and NFL combines if there was an online platform for it.

I would too Mike.......I would too :wacko:

2 QB

2 RB

4 WR

2 TE

2 K

2 D/SpT

Yep this is what we do as well.....

The best advice in these schemes is to try and make educated guesses about the teams that will play the most games. Green Bay, for example, is probably the most likely to play two games, since they get to feast on the Seahawks in the first round. Rodgers is thus almost an idiot-proof choice as a QB. Conversely, teams that you think will go one-and-out with little offense would be best marked for a kicker.

I have won several of these contests in the past, and the most games philosophy seems to work. Many players get sucked in by an elite player without considering if that player has a chance at the magical three or (GASP) four games that really add up to serious points. One year I won I got lucky with Roethlisberger going four games and posting some decent numbers (this was the 2005 season), while people who chose eye-popping studs like Peyton Manning got killed.

Edited by historymike

Green Bay, for example, is probably the most likely to play two games, since they get to feast on the Seahawks in the first round. Rodgers is thus almost an idiot-proof choice as a QB.

Do you mean the Saints, as they play the Seahawks, and GB plays PHI.

We used to do a simple one with as many people as possible. No draft. You pick:

1 QB

2 RBs

3 WRs

(1 Flex? Can't remember)

1 TE

1 K

1 D

No 2 players from any one NFL team.

Total points at the end wins.