[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Value Targets for 2011

keggerz

1 per position

QB: Josh Freeman: I really like what the kid has shown. He should be able to be drafted late and should provide nice returns.

RB: Don't really like any RBs this early because their value will quickly shoot up during camps at the slightest of news...But I would look at guys that were banged up a bit but still produced when they got the chance...if you want a name of a guy not injured I will go with LeGarrette Blount

WR: Kenny Britt: Probably still have to take him in the first 24-30 of WRs, maybe even sooner but I can see him making the leap like Nicks did (prior to getting injured) this year. Almost went with Santonio Holmes who over the Jets last 8 games ranked 11th among WRs in fantasy points scored.

TE: On the fence here...want to say Brandon Pettigrew but think he could come off the board fairly early so I will go with Jared Cook: He earned extra playing time the final 3 weeks and was just 7 yards shy of being top 5 over that time...the main questions will be what happens to fisher and what about the QB position...Also, tough to go with 2 Titans on the list but it is what it is.

DL: Carlos Dunlap: over the final 6 weeks of the season only 7 DL scored more fantasy points than he did and of all the DLs that played in all 6 games only 8 scored in double digits and he was the 8th of that bunch with 10.08....oh and he had 8.5 sacks in those 6 games too...he should be able to be had VERY much later than other DLs.

LB: Daryl Washington (ARZ) he won't be cheap in dynasty leagues but in redraft leagues you should be able to get him well after the first 30 LBs are off the board and he could very well end up top 15ish. Yes, that is pretty bullish but that also accounts for me thinking the Cardinals are in for anther long season offensively next year.

CB: Richard Marshall: Most probably think he had a bad year but he still had the 5th most solos of any CB in the league with 75...for the year he finished ranked 11th among CBs with 188 fantasy points...that puts him about 1 assist a game from being right there as a top 5 CB....another to keep an eye on will be Joe Haden...could easily be a top 5-10 CB next year....he was top 5 over the last 5 weeks and that was with a 2pt game in there too.

S: Dwan Landry: Quietly racked up 86 solo tackles, 3rd most among all safeties...Honorable mention to Eric Berry who could take a hugh step forward next.

Edited by keggerz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LB: Daryl Washington (ARZ) he won't be cheap in dynasty leagues but in redraft leagues you should be able to get him well after the first 30 LBs are off the board and he could very well end up top 15ish. Yes, that is pretty bullish but that also accounts for me thinking the Cardinals are in for anther long season offensively next year.

Picked him up in MSHB but wasn't impressed. Weeks 9 through 14 he was dreadful with two goose eggs (maybe he was hurt?) before picking up in the last three weeks of the season.

QB - Bradford. Imagine what he does with a year under his belt and better/healthier WRs. My targeted backup QB.

RB - Grant. People will shy away and he will be great value IMO.

WR - Bess. On nobody's radar and quietly puts up respectable numbers.

TE - Daniels. People will be worried about injuries. Not me.

qb- i think cutler is going to be a good value. imo people are scared off by his int (due to o-line and his holding the ball too long)

rb- bge... great production in ppr

wr- amendola

te- i'd like to see what shakes out with clark/tamme

te- i'd like to see what shakes out with clark/tamme

Clark is the clear starter as long as his wrist heals properly. Tamme is a restricted free agent, and probably goes back to the bench. If he could block, I could see him being the Colts #2 TE. But I think the Colts really like Brody Eldridge in that roll. I could see Tamme stealing some snaps from Eldridge, but not Clark.

Colts WR/TE position is gonna be full next year. Wayne, Garcon, Collie, Gonzalez, White, Clark, Tamme. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

1 per position

QB: Josh Freeman: I really like what the kid has shown. He should be able to be drafted late and should provide nice returns.

RB: Don't really like any RBs this early because their value will quickly shoot up during camps at the slightest of news...But I would look at guys that were banged up a bit but still produced when they got the chance...if you want a name of a guy not injured I will go with LeGarrette Blount

WR: Kenny Britt: Probably still have to take him in the first 24-30 of WRs, maybe even sooner but I can see him making the leap like Nicks did (prior to getting injured) this year. Almost went with Santonio Holmes who over the Jets last 8 games ranked 11th among WRs in fantasy points scored.

TE: On the fence here...want to say Brandon Pettigrew but think he could come off the board fairly early so I will go with Jared Cook: He earned extra playing time the final 3 weeks and was just 7 yards shy of being top 5 over that time...the main questions will be what happens to fisher and what about the QB position...Also, tough to go with 2 Titans on the list but it is what it is.

DL: Carlos Dunlap: over the final 6 weeks of the season only 7 DL scored more fantasy points than he did and of all the DLs that played in all 6 games only 8 scored in double digits and he was the 8th of that bunch with 10.08....oh and he had 8.5 sacks in those 6 games too...he should be able to be had VERY much later than other DLs.

CB: Richard Marshall: Most probably think he had a bad year but he still had the 5th most solos of any CB in the league with 75...for the year he finished ranked 11th among CBs with 188 fantasy points...that puts him about 1 assist a game from being right there as a top 5 CB....another to keep an eye on will be Joe Haden...could easily be a top 5-10 CB next year....he was top 5 over the last 5 weeks and that was with a 2pt game in there too.

S: Dwan Landry: Quietly racked up 86 solo tackles, 3rd most among all safeties...Honorable mention to Eric Berry who could take a hugh step forward next.

Love Freeman next year. Definitely a target of mine.

Picked him up in MSHB but wasn't impressed. Weeks 9 through 14 he was dreadful with two goose eggs (maybe he was hurt?) before picking up in the last three weeks of the season.

weeks 9-13 he played around 24 TOTAL snaps in all 5 games combined....(didn't start any of those games)

week 14: played in about 56% of snaps and had 6 solos, 2 assists, 1 INT and 2 Passes Defended (oh and he started the game)

week 15: played in about 84% of snaps and had 6 solos (2 were tackles for losses) (started the game too)

week 16: played in about 75% of snaps and had 8 solos and a forced fumble (started this game too0

week 17: don't have snap info yet but he had 4 solos and faced on 40 combined tackle opportunities on 15 pass completions and 25 runs

and fwiw, your thought process is exactly why he will be a value pick next year.

Why? Was it because he was hurt? Or something else?

VETERAN Gerald Hayes returned to play in week 8 (he was on PuP earlier) (Washington got the start but saw fewer snaps)...week 9 Hayes took over as starter...I thought that Cards should have had Washington starting and learning when it was pretty evident they weren't going to do anything this year but for some reason they brought the rook along slower...I like what I saw at the end of the year

Edited by keggerz

A lot of others will too. That's why he won't be a value draft next year IMO.

+1

I think he'll be overdrafted....someone will reach because they want him. I don't think you can include him on any list of "value" picks.

Oh, and I echo BGE...top-15 in my league this year, and only really started 10 weeks. With Taylor likely gone next year, he'll likely finish top-10 as long as someone isn't brought in to share the carries. Still, if he's the galline back, he's a points monster.

Jerome Simpson, WR.

Jimmy Graham, TE.

Tim Tebow, QB.

Jahvid Best, RB. (Think he will be good value since many will see him as injury cursed.)

Jimmy Graham here as well. The problem that we may run into is that I think he will be the clear starter next season and thus force owners to take him earlier than a value type pick. This kid is going to be a stud TE for years to come!

QB -

No real value targets come to mind here, I like Sam Bradford and I think he'll be even better in the second year, I see him as scoring more FPS than a Eli Manning, Flacco, Cassel type level next year but be drafted well after at least the first two

RB

Ryan Torain: Portis is done in DC, he's owed far too much money next year for them not to cut him. We all know Shanahan has a fixation with Torain, and if he can stay healthy for an extended period of time (HUGE IF) he will be a very solid RB2

Shonn Green: I'm assuming he has a wake up call this off season and comes to camp in better shape than he did this year. It's a make or break year for him and in non PPR I'd roll the dice in the late rounds and hope for a solid RB2 type production, I think people will be so down on him, he'll be a good value selection

WR

Aurelius Benn - TBB's offense continues to improve on the backs of Freeman/Williams/Blount...I can see Benn becoming a nice WR3 with serious upside for a guy you probably won't have to spend a draft pick on.

Mike Thomas - He's just got such great hands, I think that people will sleep on him because he's not a big name, doesn't play for a high powered offense, but I think he ends up being THE guy in the Jag passing game next year.

Mark Clayton - Always a risk to take a guy coming back from an injury, but he was a beast the first 4 weeks of the season, the Rams are a great fit for him, watch training camp, but he could be a very good WR2 that you draft late

TE

Jimmy Graham: Love the kids size and raw talent, I think he's a great dynasty/keeper TE prospect, the only mitigating factor is while the Saints offense is extremely high powered, it is also very balanced which makes it difficult to see him as a tier #1 fantasy TE