[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Value Targets for 2011

keggerz

Hmmm, I knew Benn went on IR didn't realize it was that serious

On Portis - He is due a $8.254 million salary in 2011 - none of which is guaranteed...at minimum he'll take a huge paycut to stay with the skins, I can't imagine he'll do that to play for Shanahan.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plaxico Buress?
Interesting call. Kinda funny if he goes to Philly, receiving passes from another jailbird.

many are already wondering if the Eagles will retain Djax...he'll be commanding huge dollars this offseason in a re-worked deal, or threatening to sit out. A distraction in the making, for a guy that surprisingly only had 47 catches this year for just over 1000 yards, has just one TD since mid-November, and is eternally nicked and dinged. But because he is deemed "explosive", his value is higher everywhere else but here. Which could be a big benefit if they decided to move him.

I could easily see them not negotiating, and either letting him sit, or trading him for what should likely be good value.

It wouldn't shock me in the least to see them make a run at a true "posession" WR, and let Maclin take over the role as deep threat. And with what they have done with Vick, Burress could easily be fit.

many are already wondering if the Eagles will retain Djax...he'll be commanding huge dollars this offseason in a re-worked deal, or threatening to sit out. A distraction in the making, for a guy that surprisingly only had 47 catches this year for just over 1000 yards, has just one TD since mid-November, and is eternally nicked and dinged. But because he is deemed "explosive", his value is higher everywhere else but here. Which could be a big benefit if they decided to move him.

I could easily see them not negotiating, and either letting him sit, or trading him for what should likely be good value.

It wouldn't shock me in the least to see them make a run at a true "posession" WR, and let Maclin take over the role as deep threat. And with what they have done with Vick, Burress could easily be fit.

I must admit DJax was disappointing this season despite his 1000 yards. Truly a boom or bust guy. Depending where he pitches up, he might go lower than expected and be a good value selection.

Shonn Greene

Everyone who drafted him this year hates him. And as impressive as LT was at the beginning of this year, I can't see him topping 200 carries again next year.

I haven't seen anything from Shonn Greene to indicate he's going to be a top level back. Maybe others who have watched a lot of Jets games (i.e. Rovers) have?

QB

Bradford (defenatly someon to folllow the progress in his sophmore year)

Stadford (would love to see this guy get healthy and actually play)

RB

Torain- he has a lot of potential and has become Shanahan's favorite RB.

Hillis- I'm not sure where he'll end up in next years draft... If he's a 3rd or 4th rounder I think he'll be a great value at RB2 but if he goes 2nd round I'm not so sure.....

Best- He showed sparks of talent before gettin hurt

WR

Lloyd- this again depends where he gets drafted... think he'll be a great 4th or 5th rounder

Brit- has great potential but will depend who's throwing him the ball next year....

TE

Lewis- he is ur ave TE that gets redzone targets.... he ave 11 points a game (in a ppr leauge)

Watson- I can see making improvements and McCoy will still need to check down in his sophmore year...

Jerome Simpson, WR.

Jimmy Graham, TE.

Tim Tebow, QB.

Jahvid Best, RB. (Think he will be good value since many will see him as injury cursed.)

I was thinking the same thing anbout Ryan Mathews. Bust of a rookie season could give a huge value next season. What do you think?

Same for Spiller

</B>

I was thinking the same thing anbout Ryan Mathews. Bust of a rookie season could give a huge value next season. What do you think?

Same for Spiller

Yep. I usually target guys like that. I love how people chase (or shun) last year's stats.

QB - Stafford, Injury risk?? Runner-up: Romo

RB - Lynch, poor play or injury to OL? Runner-up: Best

WR - Steve Smith, CAR; assuming Carolina gets Luck-y, Runner-up: Mike Williams, SEA

TE - Graham, NO, Is Shockey shorted out?, Runner-up: Gronkoski, NE

Chaz Schillens.

Spent the entire season rehabbing his knee, came back healthy in the last few weeks. Against the Chiefs was really his first game at 100%, and he had 5 targets, 3 catches and a TD lined up opposite of Murphy. He's a physical beast at WR and will continue to line up opposite of Murphy next season with Ford in the slot. DHB will be rotated in on 10+ yard plays.

I'd expect Schillens to come close to undrafted in most leagues - allowing you to snag him super late as a great WR4/5 option, with WR2/3 upside.

Chaz Schillens.

Spent the entire season rehabbing his knee, came back healthy in the last few weeks. Against the Chiefs was really his first game at 100%, and he had 5 targets, 3 catches and a TD lined up opposite of Murphy. He's a physical beast at WR and will continue to line up opposite of Murphy next season with Ford in the slot. DHB will be rotated in on 10+ yard plays.

I'd expect Schillens to come close to undrafted in most leagues - allowing you to snag him super late as a great WR4/5 option, with WR2/3 upside.

+1 I signed him to a three year contract in 2009. 2011 will be the last year. I haven't give up on him. I really hope he shows up!

I'm thinking that his monster game in week 17 drove him up a round or more.

QB - Bradford. Imagine what he does with a year under his belt and better/healthier WRs. My targeted backup QB.

RB - Grant. People will shy away and he will be great value IMO.

WR - Bess. On nobody's radar and quietly puts up respectable numbers.

TE - Daniels. People will be worried about injuries. Not me.

I think Grant and D Will can be had cheap