[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Fantasy Playoff Challenge

bdub1988

So I'm playing the playoff challenge on NFL.com, and it seems like a very interesting and complex nut to crack. For those who don't know, you select one QB, two RBs, two WRs, one TE, one K, and one D from the various playoff teams. You can switch out any number of players between playoff rounds. Here's the catch though: any player you keep in for multiple weeks gets a points multiplier. So if you pick a player in the wildcard round and keep them for the divisional round, they get 2x points. Play them again in the conference championship, they get 3x points. All the way to the superbowl, 4x points. Hence, you get rewarded very heavily for picking players who will make the superbowl right off the bat. You can even pick players for the wildcard round who are on bye teams and are not playing. They won't get any points in the wildcard round, but will come into the divisional round already earning double points. So the question is, who do you pick? This could be a very interesting game strategy wise and I'm curious who you all think are the best players to go with. Here's my initial set-up, though I'm not confident in it at all:

Aaron Rodgers (Packers D is gonna be all over Mike Vick, if he was playing a different team round one I might go with him...I just see the pack going far in this)

Ray Rice

Really not sure here...Michael Turner?

Greg Jennings

Marques Colston (really like the matchup vs. Seattle)

Jimmy Graham

Either Adam Vinatieri or Mason Crosby

Packers D

What do you guys think?

I am in a league like that. I think the strategy I am going to use is to pick a nice mix of players from each team in the Wildcard round since you do not know who will move on and you can guarantee at least a couple will advance. My lineup so far looks like this...

Drew Brees - He plays the worst defense and I believe he will rack up the most points in the first round. In the second round, I plan on starting Matt Ryan or Tom Brady.

Ladainian Tomlinson - He plays against a horrible rush defense in the Colts. If the Jets win, they will play against the Patriots' 11th ranked rush defense and could be a possible starter in the next round.

Ray Rice - He plays against a so-so rush defense in the Chiefs, and I believe the Ravens will advance. I will keep him as my starter if he does advance UNLESS he plays against the Steelers.

Greg Jennings - The Eagles are ranked 14th in pass defense, and the Packers are a pass-first team.

Pierre Garcon - I am taking a risk on this one. It's almost a sure thing that Darrelle Revis will be covering Reggie Wayne, who had a lackluster game against the Raiders under the coverage of Nnamdi Asomugha. I still think the Colts will be a pass-first team, though, and the resurging Garcon seems to pick up the slack when Wayne is shut down.

Jimmy Graham - He seems to be a huge factor for the Saints and a big redzone target. If the Saints can pull out the easiest win in the playoffs, Graham will be worth 2x pts. in the second round.

Billy Cundiff - I am not sure about this one. I rode David Akers to the championship in the regular season with his weekly double digit showing, but I do not think the Eagles will be putting up a lot of points against the Packers defense. On the other hand, the Ravens should be able to pull out a win against the Chiefs AND put up a decent amount of points in FGs and TDs/PATs.

New York Jets Defense/ST - Tough decision. Do I pick the Saints against a 7-9 Seattle team? I decided not to because I will probably go with a different defense in the second round, even if the Saints advance. My reason for picking the Jets' defense is this: they are a 6th ranked pass defense against a pass-heavy team and a 3rd ranked rush defense against a 29th ranked rush offense. In the league I am in, a defense that holds a team under 100 rushing yards gets points for doing just that. I also believe Peyton Manning will turn the ball over at least once. Plus, the Jets are ranked 3rd in kick returns.

I like the Pack so much this year, that I'm loading up on their guys in most other positions, and taking a zero at the TE spot. I like what Gronkowski has done at home this year, so I'm looking for big points next week and beyond. It's a zero @ TE this week, but 2x starting next week.

I'm going to load up on the Packers and Patriots. That's my strategy since I think that will be the Superbowl. Picking many players from dif teams won't get you far because your players will be dropping like flies. You just kinda have to go with 2 teams and just hope for the best. You either hit big or not at all.

No really stragey other then picking players that you think will advance.

My lIne up:

QB Aaron Rodgers, GB QB P

QB Peyton Manning, IND QB

RB LeSean McCoy, PHI RB

RB Jamaal Charles, KC RB (Even though I don't like KC chances of moving to the next round of the playoffs I'm not big on Jackson, Addai PT, Bush or LT. I my change it with Ray Rice.)

WR Reggie Wayne, IND WR

WR Greg Jennings, GB WR

TE Todd Heap, BAL TE (I had Graham in there but, changed it to Heap not sure yet which one I will choose.)

K Adam Vinatieri, IND K

D Baltimore Ravens

I'm going to load up on the Packers and Patriots. That's my strategy since I think that will be the Superbowl. Picking many players from dif teams won't get you far because your players will be dropping like flies. You just kinda have to go with 2 teams and just hope for the best. You either hit big or not at all.

Pretty much the same thing I was thinking. Loading up on Patriots and Eagles here.