[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mangini Fired

loaf

Here is the acticle if anyone wants to read it....

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-browns-manginifired

It doesn't make any clear points at who"s going to be the next Browns head coach but it does say "Holmgren, who has left open the possibility of a return to coaching, will address the media at 1 p.m".

So anyone have any clues to what he's addressing the media about???

edit: I just heard that Jon Gruden is the most likely target for head coach. I also heard he was looking for a house in Cleveland. Sound like this was decieded a while ago they just let Mangini finish out the season

Edited by osu1322

I thought they played well this year for having the injury bug at qb. Looking at their schedule they played hard in most games, losing by a few. They lost big to good teams, like 3 times. I don't think someone should be fired for having 5-11 record with that kind of season. Fish stayed in Dallas for along time and never accomplished anything.

I thought they played well this year for having the injury bug at qb. Looking at their schedule they played hard in most games, losing by a few. They lost big to good teams, like 3 times. I don't think someone should be fired for having 5-11 record with that kind of season. Fish stayed in Dallas for along time and never accomplished anything.

The reason Mangini kept his job last year is the season ended on a high note with that 4 game win streak. Holmgren gave him a chance to improve and his record is still at 5-11.... Yes the lost several very close games and had a couple big upsets this year but the team wasn't preforming at a championship lvl.

The only thing that really sucks is we're going to be paying mangini for the next 2 years..... Heck we just finished paying off Butch Davis last year....

The only thing that really sucks is we're going to be paying mangini for the next 2 years..... Heck we just finished paying off Butch Davis last year....

that's what happens when you give 5 yr contracts to 3 yr coaches.

The reason Mangini kept his job last year is the season ended on a high note with that 4 game win streak. Holmgren gave him a chance to improve and his record is still at 5-11.... Yes the lost several very close games and had a couple big upsets this year but the team wasn't preforming at a championship lvl.

Maybe they need to sign all new coaches to one year contracts lol.