[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cut it out ,, quit it ,, stop it even !

MustOfBeenDrunk

When most players get in trouble the Commish calls them into his office.

With Favre the Commish went to Favre's office....

His career is over and doubt if he'll get that $20million deal the Packers offered years back.

N.Y Daily News cover of sports page section today "Not a happy ending" :wacko:

:tup: Outstanding!

Listen, the only thing that I can't get with is the time delay on these women coming out. I just don't understand it. As for the "shut the hell up" bit and, "what happened to the days when women just said no" bit. C'mon. If this happened, as they explain, and Favre was letching on them and they got fired because they complained, then they have a very legit case that should be taken seriously.

I suspect that most people were ignoring your trolling?

It's just not all that often I have time to sit and read threads these days, and i happened along this one this morning while I had my :wacko: Admittedly, I felt stupider for having spent the time reading it.

If he txtd them he's a dipdiaper dirt. But, I agree why the delay? If they weren't hired back, didn't they have two years to do this?

Sounds like gold-digging to me. Hell, as a husband an apology is the last thing I'd want....more like some blood from him. Then again, a female masseuse in an NFL locker-room....now doesn't that just have trouble written all over it? Are they sure this is the first time it has happened, or just a bigger try at a meal ticket?

Again, as for breaking the law I see it as a Jets issue as well if they didn't hire them back. What he did was frigging DUMB beyond all belief, but it wasn't raping someone in a back room.

It just sounds fishy that it all came up this long afterwards.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

If he txtd them he's a dipdiaper dirt. But, I agree why the delay? If they weren't hired back, didn't they have two years to do this?

Sounds like gold-digging to me. Hell, as a husband an apology is the last thing I'd want....more like some blood from him. Then again, a female masseuse in an NFL locker-room....now doesn't that just have trouble written all over it? Are they sure this is the first time it has happened, or just a bigger try at a meal ticket?

Again, as for breaking the law I see it as a Jets issue as well if they didn't hire them back. What he did was frigging DUMB beyond all belief, but it wasn't raping someone in a back room.

+1

If the issue is not getting hired back, then why go after Favre instead of NYJ?

+1

If the issue is not getting hired back, then why go after Favre instead of NYJ?

For starters, they are going after the Jets. I think primarily, in fact. As I understood listening to the legal analyst on ESPN, their entire case is based on portraying a work environment established by the Jets in which this sort of thing was bound to happen.

As for the, "why would a female masseuse take the gig unless they were trying for a big meal ticket like this"? Do I understand your claim correctly? Are you implying either that they reap what they sew for taking the job or worse that they were specifically trying to put themselves in harms way with hopes they could cash in?

What about this theory: They're message therapists and the Jets were hiring. Likely paying pretty well, I would imagine considering it's the NFL and all. So, instead of hoping for walk-ins and random appts at $50 a pop, they could have a steady gig doing what they trained to do. Is it their fault that they assumed they weren't being hired as call girls? That a bunch of grown men (who are likely not strangers to trainer's table) could somehow realize that, just because professional message therapist is rubbing your glutes, she's not about to flip you over and jerk you off?

Again, I still have a big issue with the delay and think that knocks the credibility of the case. All my opinions here are based on the assumption the case has merit and that I'm not prepared to poo poo the situation because, "they should have known what they were getting into." If, in fact, this is all made up, then shame on them and I hope there's some serious legal consequences for needlessly putting the Jets and Favre through this.

Oh, and if it is a silly assumption that a woman could do this sort of work for the NFL without facing sexual harassment, then it is very much an NFL problem. Am I to understand that, rather than holding NFL players to the same ethical standards that others are held to, we should just try and cut our losses by not exposing women to them? Sounds like a rather pathetic surrender on the part of society. These aren't caged lions or something.

Edited by detlef