[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michigan to hold press conference

Rockerbraves

According to this site Rich Rodriquez is out and Brady Hoke is in at Michigan.

it appears the University of Michigan has called for a 2pm press conference today to announce the firing of Rich Rodriguez. It has been as plain as day from the beginning that DickRod was never going to work in Ann Arbor. It appears the 52-14 bowl shellacking was the final straw.

http://sportscrack.blogspot.com/2011/01/ri...igan-brady.html

Heard AD / Pres want Hoke, Boosters wants Harbaugh.

The tight ass Pres doesn't want Harbaugh, probably because I think he bad mouthed school a few years ago and maybe because of his bit sketchered past with the DUI.

Same old same old with old Michigan guard. Hoke not a bad 2nd choice imo but I would like Harbaugh.

Edited by chiefjay

The tight ass Pres doesn't want Harbaugh, probably because I think he bad mouthed school a few years ago and maybe because of his bit sketchered past with the DUI.

Same old same old with old Michigan guard. Hoke not a bad 2nd choice imo but I would like Harbaugh.

I think Harbaugh is as good as gone to the NFL..... or staying at Stanford. I think he is kind of done with college ball

I think Hoke would be awesome hire, a great young coach on the upswing

What's the feeling on Coach Miles around Michigan adminsitration? I like the guy myself, but there are quite a few LSU fans are hoping Michigan comes a calling. :wacko:

What's the feeling on Coach Miles around Michigan adminsitration? I like the guy myself, but there are quite a few LSU fans are hoping Michigan comes a calling. :tup:

Please, please :wacko:

What's the feeling on Coach Miles around Michigan adminsitration? I like the guy myself, but there are quite a few LSU fans are hoping Michigan comes a calling. :wacko:

I keep hearing Michigan likes LM but doesn't want to pay the big $ to buyout his current contract.

i think that the press conference report is bs.

Rodriguez is supposed to meet with the Michigan AD tonight.

You're right on both.

Around 7pm eastern time, they had Michigan radio play-by-play guy Frank Beckmann on ESPN News. He said RichRod and DB met tonight, but --get this -- DB has not made a decision on RR. Technically, RR is still UM's head coach -- if Beckman is to be believed. For crying out loud, it seems like everything associated with RichRod has been :wacko: since he showed up in A2.

You're right on both.

Around 7pm eastern time, they had Michigan radio play-by-play guy Frank Beckmann on ESPN News. He said RichRod and DB met tonight, but --get this -- DB has not made a decision on RR. Technically, RR is still UM's head coach -- if Beckman is to be believed. For crying out loud, it seems like everything associated with RichRod has been :wacko: since he showed up in A2.

Crazy is right. That guy has been assumed fired for a month now. Then ESPN comes right out and says it. Now, I realize that's not UM's fault, per se, but still. How many 10s of thousands of UM fans were ready to turn the page and then finally did with this news. If dude comes out now and says that all the news is false and that RichRod is still your boy? Oh yeah, that's going to go over great.

He's done.

Buh-bye RichRod.

That had to be about the easiest decision of all time. Let's do the math: Right out the gate he pisses off the fan base by publicly saying that the OSU game is, "just another game". So, immediately he's "not a Michigan guy". Which, of course would all be forgiven if he won games, which he didn't. In fact, he put Michigan through a historically bad run. Failing to beat OSU, MSU, and some other major rival (I forget which) in 3 years.

Then, we spend the last month hearing about how Harbaugh is a candidate for a job that isn't even actually open. Then they get pummeled by both OSU as well as their bowl game. Then, it gets leaked that Rich Rod is gone, likely to the delight of the majority of fans.

And then you're going to say, "Psyche! He's staying! Suck it everyone!"

Any AD "bold" enough to do that better go into hiding.

I'll say this about Miles, he's playing it the right way.

When asked about the Michigan job, he simply said he's happy at LSU and nobody has contacted him. Which sets him up fine for either staying or going. If, come Tuesday, he's gone to Michigan, it's not like he lied. He just said he's happy at LSU.

I tried to find a link to the list of names ESPN tossed out as possible candidates for the Stanford gig, but it looked pretty impressive. Is it me? Or is there considerable more buzz surrounding that gig than the Michigan job? Which is baffling to say the least. Dude on the radio today said they should lob Tony Dungy a call.

I'll say this about Miles, he's playing it the right way.

When asked about the Michigan job, he simply said he's happy at LSU and nobody has contacted him. Which sets him up fine for either staying or going. If, come Tuesday, he's gone to Michigan, it's not like he lied. He just said he's happy at LSU.

I think Miles takes it

Miles is supposed to give LSU 24 hours notice of his interview with Michigan.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110109/SPOR...-with-Les-Miles

I think he'll stay at LSU, but I hope I'm wrong.