[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The NCAA Hypocrite Bowl

Chief Dick

Because if he booted it, everyone would have yelled, "All you had to do was fall on it and let your QB punch it in!"

booted it where? no reason to fall on it - all he had to was scoop it up and walk in for a TD.

just dumb IMO- got to be going for the block there and with a min on the clock looking to score

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how does that Ark kid not score there? stick a fork in the effing ball and walk into the end zone

Because if he booted it, everyone would have yelled, "All you had to do was fall on it and let your QB punch it in!"

Isn't a recovered blocked kick a dead ball in college?

Edit: Guess not... Not sure what I was thinking of. Maybe onside kick, or failed 2-point attempt (although you can advance those in college, but not NFL, I believe). :wacko:

Edited by Gopher

Isn't a recovered blocked kick a dead ball in college?

Edit: Guess not... Not sure what I was thinking of. Maybe onside kick, or failed 2-point attempt (although you can advance those in college, but not NFL, I believe). :tup:

I think it is a dead ball. :wacko:

Almost an epic collapse by the Buckeyes, but I do think the injuries to their secondary had something to do with that. The D-line was dominant all game. Arkansas killed themselves not only with the dropped passes, but a number of penalties that put them in 3rd and very long.

Good game that ended up being far more entertaining than it looked like it would be, at the half.

I think it is a dead ball. :wacko:

Could be. That was my first thought, when the guy fell on it. Then I looked it up... Wikipedia says a blocked punt can be advanced by either side, as long as it does not pass the line of scrimmage. So, now, I'm second-guessing my original thought. :tup:

Either way, that's a punt that you absolutely have to make sure it gets off (unblocked). Arkansas seemingly blocked it easily... complete meltdown by OSU special teams. They (and the offense, that managed 3 second-half points) were both bailed out by the defense, particularly the line.

Arkansas's punter, on the other hand, literally kept them in the game, pinning the Buckeyes inside their own five at least three times (maybe more).

Either way, that's a punt that you absolutely have to make sure it gets off (unblocked). Arkansas seemingly blocked it easily... complete meltdown by OSU special teams. They (and the offense, that managed 3 second-half points) were both bailed out by the defense, particularly the line.

They lost some guys to injury that are normally on the punt team.

Better team clearly won here. yeah, the Pigs dropped some balls, because of a lack of balls. Ohio State dropped 3 potential INTs, gifted them 2 easy turnovers, gave them the ball on midfield once on the surprise on-side, were pinned deep all game on offense due to the punter AND got hit by a bogus safety (technically correct but should've been blown dead) . But they kept fighting and wouldn't be deined. Great zone blitz call at the end there to fool the redneck into the INT

Edited by Glabra

Could be. That was my first thought, when the guy fell on it. Then I looked it up... Wikipedia says a blocked punt can be advanced by either side, as long as it does not pass the line of scrimmage. So, now, I'm second-guessing my original thought. :wacko:

It was blocked on the OSU side (which all punts of course are), so, from the ARK POV, it was already past the line of scrimmage, therefore it's dead. That's why no-one bothered with trying to run it in.

Could be. That was my first thought, when the guy fell on it. Then I looked it up... Wikipedia says a blocked punt can be advanced by either side, as long as it does not pass the line of scrimmage. So, now, I'm second-guessing my original thought. :wacko:

Arkansas's punter, on the other hand, literally kept them in the game, pinning the Buckeyes inside their own five at least three times (maybe more).

The WHITE team won tonight. The difference in the game was the kid for Ohio State alertly fell on the ball in the endzone early when Pryor fumbled while the not so bright Arkansas kid ell on the punt block instead of scooping it up for a game winning TD. Congrats to the WHITE team from the Big 10. :tup:

The WHITE team won tonight. The difference in the game was the kid for Ohio State alertly fell on the ball in the endzone early when Pryor fumbled while the not so bright Arkansas kid ell on the punt block instead of scooping it up for a game winning TD. Congrats to the WHITE team from the Big 10. :tup:

Racist much? :wacko:

Racist much? :wacko:

Just telling it like it is. You have guys like "Living the Dream" aka Sarg Ryan putting down white receivers on Stanford's team after their win over Virginia Tech and no one says anything yet when I applaud the white receiver tonight it's considered racists. :tup: Why is that? :lol:

Edited by Rockerbraves

Just telling it like it is. You have guys like "Living the Dream" aka Sarg Ryan putting down white receivers on Stanford's team after their win over Virginia Tech and no one says anything yet when I applaud the white receiver tonight it's considered racists. :tup: Why is that? :lol:

Had you left it at Sanzenbacher, it might've been okay, but you threw in the 'dumb' Arkansas player blast; and they just happened to be black.:wacko:

booted it where? no reason to fall on it - all he had to was scoop it up and walk in for a TD.

just dumb IMO- got to be going for the block there and with a min on the clock looking to score

I had no rooting interest, so I didn't care which team won. They block the punt -- which is already an outcome of low likelihood -- and the guy falls on the ball on the OSU 18-yard line with 1:04 left on the clock, giving his all-conference QB a chance to win the game. If people are actually blaming him for the loss, they're the dumbasses, not him.

I had no rooting interest, so I didn't care which team won. They block the punt -- which is already an outcome of low likelihood -- and the guy falls on the ball on the OSU 18-yard line with 1:04 left on the clock, giving his all-conference QB a chance to win the game. If people are actually blaming him for the loss, they're the dumbasses, not him.

It's called being a headsy player. You need to know what to do in every situation. Like these high paid NFL kick returners who muff a ball that goes into the endzone and they don't even know the rules and attempt to run it out instead of taking the touchback. Let's tell it like it is. The kid from Arkansas f up.

How come you didn't call out Living the Dreams with his comments about the slow white recievers from Stanford?

What do they say about 2 wrongs? I don't happen to comment on every single post here. What he said was wrong as well. Are you implying your comments are retaliatory only and you don't really believe them?

What do they say about 2 wrongs? I don't happen to comment on every single post here. What he said was wrong as well. Are you implying your comments are retaliatory only and you don't really believe them?

The point being is that someone can post garbage like those slow white recievers and no one calls him a racist yet all I said was that the WHITE team won and Ohio State was wearing white tonight and you called me out. Now who is the racist?

The point being is that someone can post garbage like those slow white recievers and no one calls him a racist yet all I said was that the WHITE team won and Ohio State was wearing white tonight and you called me out. Now who is the racist?

I'm SURE that's what you meant.

It's called being a headsy player. You need to know what to do in every situation. Like these high paid NFL kick returners who muff a ball that goes into the endzone and they don't even know the rules and attempt to run it out instead of taking the touchback. Let's tell it like it is. The kid from Arkansas f up.

:wacko:

Unreal.

I guess it's also the kid's fault that Mallett threw that pick.

I guess it's Mallett's fault the kid didn't recognize the opportunity to potentially win the game with special teams. :wacko:

No, it's Mallett's fault he threw an interception at the most crucial moment in probably the biggest game of his life.