[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Happy Holidays to Fellow Huddlers!

GWPFFL BrianW

Been out of it for the past couple weeks. Haven't posted in awhile.

* The Iowa win was satisfying for me. Congrats to Missouri on a very fun Insight Bowl. Gabbert looked very good. Just came down to which team could take advantage of more mistakes. Missouri was tearing it up through the air, and Iowa on the ground. Knew Marcus Coker was gonna be good. Felt bad that he fumbled late in the Minnesota game, but it's fun to think about the future. Hopefully he keeps a good head on his shoulders and can stay healthy. The Ricky Stanzi era has come to an end. Stanzi is one of my all time favorite Hawkeyes ever. He's done well over the past 3 years. I wish nothing but the best for him. Great leader on and off the field. Despite the off the field problems, Iowa has something like 21 seniors (next year will be a work in progress) and they are all graduating. My perspective over the past few years has changed on College Football. Great seasons are rare, and championships are even rarer, especially under the present-day BCS system. Enjoy the success when it happens, and enjoy the stories of a lot of these players. To me, that's what College Football is all about.

*A completely putrid effort by the Big Ten teams on New Years Day, particularly Michigan State. Very disappointed in them. I don't mind seeing a team lose, but to just give up. Reminds me of the Oklahoma team in 2004 against USC. The Michigan game was gonna go one way or the other. Unfortunately for Michigan, it went the wrong way. Northwestern loses a bowl game; no shock there, that's like saying that the sun will rise in the East. Penn State and Florida was decent game, but both teams were severely offensively challenged. The Rose Bowl was great. Congratulations to TCU. Excellent performance by them. They played the field position game in the 2nd half, and really forced Wisconsin to go away from their strength. A lot of people questioned why Clay was kept on the sidelines for most of the game. I thought it was great strategy. TCU's defense was starting to wear down, and all of the sudden you got big John Clay with fresh legs... that's why that 2 point conversion stop was huge. It was just a great game. Kudos to both teams.

*Andrew Luck is an absolute stud!

*Stanford impressed me a lot. If Oregon beats Auburn, I don't know how you don't rank the Pac 10 ahead of the SEC. SEC's best 2 teams would've lost, and the Pac 10's 2 best would've won. Big Ten's best 2 have already split.

*Great Sugar Bowl. Again, another great game. Ohio State won, Arkansas lost. Anyone whining about falling on blocked punts or anything else need to stop crying. You play 4 quarters, and for 3 of those quarters, Ohio State looked faster, more athletic, and their defense looked like what I've said they were all year long which is the best defense in the country. Give Arkansas credit for not giving up, and working their way back in the game, but Ohio State didn't "escape." You can have the debate as to whether their players should've played or not, but the reality is they did play, and Ohio State was better. There's no crying in College Football.

*Still think Auburn will handle Oregon. 35-17 is my score, and I'm sticking to it. Stanford drilling Virginia Tech did nothing to change my perception, as I thought they would drill Va Tech anyway.

*I hate that there are more bowls after all of the BCS bowls are all done (with the exception of the National Championship game of coruse). Tonight should be the BCS NC game (at the latest) and college football should be over. These long delays between don't do a thing, and at this time everyone is on football overload, so these other bowls are even more pointless than they would be if they were played in December. I'm sure some marketing genius differs from me, but I know that I haven't watched any bowl but a BCS Bowl after New Years Day, and I know many folks that feel the same way.

*All in all, a fun college football season.

Been out of it for the past couple weeks. Haven't posted in awhile.

*I hate that there are more bowls after all of the BCS bowls are all done (with the exception of the National Championship game of coruse). Tonight should be the BCS NC game (at the latest) and college football should be over. These long delays between don't do a thing, and at this time everyone is on football overload, so these other bowls are even more pointless than they would be if they were played in December. I'm sure some marketing genius differs from me, but I know that I haven't watched any bowl but a BCS Bowl after New Years Day, and I know many folks that feel the same way.

*All in all, a fun college football season.

Brian, hope all is well. Always enjoy your post. Anyway, I agree with you about all these bowl games coming after New Years. Tiger fans seem to think LSU playing tonight will mean a much larger TV audience since it's the only game on with the exception of course of the FCS Championship game between Delaware and E. Washington which I think it's being played near Jerry's World. Unfortunately for me a very good friend of mine is getting married tonight so I'll have to DVR the game. :wacko: