[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Garrett named Cowboys Coach

CowboysDiehard

GREAT! Now find us a defense.

Should be more like Jimmie with more physical practices. I will stick up for Jerry on this one, even if we don't win the division next year. However, I think once Philly loses in the first round it will be appearant that the Cowboys will have a chance at the division. Garrett will need to focus on defense and come up with some kind of pass defense, whether it be with a 3-4 or 4-3 or some crazy nickel scheme.

+1 Garrett has done well with undrafted/low draft picks on the offense. If they can find a replacement at left tackle and a D co-ordinator to light a fire, the team's talent is still pretty good. And Garrett is a Cowboy, no doubt about it.

I was happy with what I saw him do in bringing them from 1-7 to a measure of respectibility with an aging replacement QB. I'm fine with it. Am I going to have a parade to celebrate it? Probably not.

:wacko:

:tup:

Only because it wasn't one of the "proven" minds out there. I like Garrett, actually....just lots of variables/questions in his ability to compete with guys like Reid (who except for a SB, has won a bunch), Shanny and Coughlin (both SB-proven winners).

Moreover, can he manage the circus that is JJ and the media/national attention that surrounds a team like Dallas?

:tup:

Only because it wasn't one of the "proven" minds out there. I like Garrett, actually....just lots of variables/questions in his ability to compete with guys like Reid (who except for a SB, has won a bunch), Shanny and Coughlin (both SB-proven winners).

Moreover, can he manage the circus that is JJ and the media/national attention that surrounds a team like Dallas?

:lol: It isnt like the NFC east coaches are the Mt Rushmore of coaching. Nice track records but I think Garrett will hold his own. I think he earned his shot. He was in every game he coached. Had 2 heartbreakers (Saints/Cards) His only flat out loss that didnt hinge on bad luck/stupidity at the end of the game was against the Eagles. Dallas got exposed in a lot of areas and they certainly have work to do. I dont mind this hire. I was dead against it until they actually gave him his shot and he showed me what he showed me. Good luck coach :wacko:

:tup: It isnt like the NFC east coaches are the Mt Rushmore of coaching. Nice track records but I think Garrett will hold his own. I think he earned his shot. He was in every game he coached. Had 2 heartbreakers (Saints/Cards) His only flat out loss that didnt hinge on bad luck/stupidity at the end of the game was against the Eagles. Dallas got exposed in a lot of areas and they certainly have work to do. I dont mind this hire. I was dead against it until they actually gave him his shot and he showed me what he showed me. Good luck coach :wacko:

He did better than Wade, but with almost no pressure on him, since he inherited a 1-7 team that wasn't going anywhere.

BTW, he lost a "heartbreaker" to the Cards? weren't they blowing Dallas out early? That's not "stupidity/bad luck", that's poor play. They came to that Christmas game unfocused, and the deficit they created early in that game cost them a "W". Dallas has a ton more talent than a Cardinal team led by a momo QB like Brock. And all this 6 weeks into the job? They should have come out and blown them out on national TV...instead they had to play from behind, eventually took the lead...and still lost. Meh.

Like I said, I like the guy, and he was a great assistant. We'll really see his mettle next year in September, after a media-frenzied training camp, and the records are 0-0.

He did better than Wade, but with almost no pressure on him, since he inherited a 1-7 team that wasn't going anywhere.

BTW, he lost a "heartbreaker" to the Cards? weren't they blowing Dallas out early? That's not "stupidity/bad luck", that's poor play. They came to that Christmas game unfocused, and the deficit they created early in that game cost them a "W". Dallas has a ton more talent than a Cardinal team led by a momo QB like Brock. And all this 6 weeks into the job? They should have come out and blown them out on national TV...instead they had to play from behind, eventually took the lead...and still lost. Meh.

Like I said, I like the guy, and he was a great assistant. We'll really see his mettle next year in September, after a media-frenzied training camp, and the records are 0-0.

Against the Cards, they had 2 pick 6's in the span of about 8 minutes. One was a tipped ball. The started in a pretty big hole. If that is the Wade Philips Cowboys , they lose that game 35-14. They did the same thing against the Saints. Started in a big hole but didnt roll over a die, they clawed back and lost because Roy Williams is a dousch bag. Against the Cards I would consider a missed PAT "stupidity and bad luck"

As far as no pressure on him I dont really know how you can say that. The guys is auditioning for the HC job . If that isnt pressure I am not sure what is. During his run as interim HC they beat the Giants in NJ , who crushed them earlier in the year, the Colts and had a fluke loss to the Saints. I dont really count the win against Philly because it was phillys scrubs

I like the hire. He could be our answer to Payton , who we let slip through our fingers. An intelligent guy with a good offensive mind. As far as Dallas and your "ton of talent" comment. It was pretty evident that they were paper champions. We shall see

BTW, he lost a "heartbreaker" to the Cards?That's not "stupidity/bad luck", that's poor play. They came to that Christmas game unfocused, and the deficit they created early in that game cost them a "W". Dallas has a ton more talent than a Cardinal team led by a momo QB like Brock. And all this 6 weeks into the job? They should have come out and blown them out on national TV...instead they had to play from behind, eventually took the lead...and still lost. Meh.

Jon Kitna was the QB and threw 2 pick 6's. I'm not sure how you can put that on the coach.

FWIW I'm not sure what to make of the hire. It does'nt matter who the coach is if they don't make improvements at O-Line and especially in the secondary

:wacko:

IMO you're givin Reid Shanny and Coughlin alot of credit :tup: . Again, JMO.

Agreed on the circus. Time will tell.