[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UFC 126

I Like Soup

The three big fights are Silva vs Belfort, Franklin vs Griffin, and Bader vs Jones.

I think Belfort has a chance, but it is hard to bet against Silva and his standup. I'd like to see Belfort win as I remember his first fight in the UFC and generally don't like Silva since he has proven to be a tool.

Franklin is one of my favorite fighters and I like Griffin, but I'll be rooting for Franklin. I think he is more technical standing and I'm sure Griffin will stand and bang. Be prepared for another run out of the ring when Griffin comes to...

Bader vs Jones...I think I'm going with Jones on this one. Bader has talent for sure and I didn't think he would do as well as he has, but Jones is an animal.

What do y'all think?

Damn... Thanks for reminding me. Haven't been ordering many fights (used to order them all), as I'm trying to save some cash, but this might be one I have to get. Pretty much agree with everything you said...

Would love to see Belfort win, but have a tough time betting against Silva. I actually thought Sonnen would beat him, and he came so close. Should be an interesting fight, nonetheless.

Franklin and Griffin are both two of my favorites, and it's actually a matchup I'm not looking forward to, just because I'd rather see them both win. Still, I probably have to lean towards Franklin, if I had to choose, just because of Griffin's Megan Foxiness in his last loss (like you mentioned).

Bader is a beast, who has yet to disappoint, even against some pretty tough competition. But, yeah, Jones is a freak. Should be fun.

Vitor will bring a fight to Silva that he's never seen before. Not saying Vitor takes it, but Silva better be ready for an onslaught.

As far as Franklin/Griffen give me the Ace in a massacre.

Bader/Jones has the potential to be fight of the year. I really wish they wouldn't have set this up so soon. Give me Bader. I think he has some of the best wrestling at 205 and I think his gameplan will be great.

Not nearly the big PPV drawing names here, but this card looks amazing.

hard to pick against Silva but Belfort should bring a heck of a fight. I'm a big fan of both fighters.

I pick Ace over Griffin. Im not particularly fond of either fighter.

And the other fight is hard to pick against either guy. Bones is a beast and Bader has proven awesome already.

That said, Bones is INSANE and I gotta roll with him.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really fired up for this one. I like to throw a few tacos on these fights. Here is what I'm going with tonight:

Belfort (+165) over Silva (-210)

I really think Belfort has a shot here, and I smell an upset. I'm rolling with Belfort (+165)

Silva wins by KO in 1st Round with a kick to the face. :wacko: I really wanted Belfort to win this. Silva is arrogant and annoying, but, he is also lethally dangerous, and that kick was devastating.

Griffin (+125) over Franklin (-155)

It looks like I'm in the minority, but, I like Griffin's chances in this one.

Griffin wins by Unanimous Decision :rofl: - It's hard not to like these two guys. I have lots of respect for both of these guys. They are what it's all about.....hard working, well conditioned, classy fighters

Jones (-300) over Bader (+220)

I like Bader, but, Jones is an absolute beast. I think his athleticism will be too much.

Bader (+220) over Jones (-300)

Changed my mind. The line was too heavy, and I think Bader has a chance.

Jones wins by Guillotine Choke in Round 2 :tup: - Jones dominated from start to finish. Extremely impressive !!!

Rocah (+220) over Ellenberger (-300) - Ellenberger wins by Split Decision :lol:

Torres (-350) over Banuelos (+250) - Torres wins by Unanimous Decision :bow:

Kelly (+220) over Cerrone (-300) - Cerrone wins by rear naked choke in Round 2 :rofl:

Mendes (-350) over Omigawa (+250) - Mendez wins by Unanimous Decision :yay:

Johnson (-110) over Yamamoto (-120)

Ruediger (+165) over Taylor (-210)

Romero (-115) over Kingsbury (-115)

Robertson (+210) over Pierce (-280)

Didn't get those last 4 placed in time.

Johnson over Yamamoto (Would Have Won)

Taylor over Ruediger (Would Have Lost)

Kingsbury over Romero (Would Have Lost)

Pierce over Robertson (Would Have Lost)

Glad I didn't get those placed in time :brew:

Edited by Menudo

I'm really fired up for this one. I like to throw a few tacos on these fights. Here is what I'm going with tonight:

Belfort (+165) over Silva (-210)

I really think Belfort has a shot here, and I smell an upset. I'm rolling with Belfort (+165)

Griffin (+125) over Franklin (-155)

It looks like I'm in the minority, but, I like Griffin's chances in this one.

Jones (-300) over Bader (+220)

I like Bader, but, Jones is an absolute beast. I think his athleticism will be too much.

Rocah (+220) over Ellenberg (-300)

Torres (-350) over Banuelos (+250)

Kelly (+220) over Cerrone (-300)

Mendes (-350) over Omigawa (+250)

Johnson (-110) over Yamamoto (-120)

Ruediger (+165) over Taylor (-210)

Romero (-115) over Kingsbury (-115)

Robertson (+210) over Pierce (-280)

I changed my mind and decided to go with Bader (+220). I think he has a good enough chance to give him a shot with those lines.

I didn't get in on the last 4 fights in time.

Not just the main card, but the undercard that will be on Spike and even the fight htey are putting online at their facebook site are solid.

Thanks for the heads up....didn't realize the Prelim fights were on Spike. Good first fight. Owagamba is split open like a peach above his eye.

Very disappointed in all 3 of the main fights.

First, I expected more from Griffin/Franklin. The first round on the ground was weak. Fight never got much better.

Second, the Silva kick to the face was impressive, but the fight was almost 3 minutes of nothing, then it ends just like that. Very disappointed

Third, Jones reminds me of the spider, and Bader looked like a 3rd tier fighter. I know styles make fights, but he was over his head from the start

The most exciting thing of tonight was the announcement of Jones/Shogun title fight in the future.

Very disappointed in all 3 of the main fights.

First, I expected more from Griffin/Franklin. The first round on the ground was weak. Fight never got much better.

Second, the Silva kick to the face was impressive, but the fight was almost 3 minutes of nothing, then it ends just like that. Very disappointed

Third, Jones reminds me of the spider, and Bader looked like a 3rd tier fighter. I know styles make fights, but he was over his head from the start

The most exciting thing of tonight was the announcement of Jones/Shogun title fight in the future.

Pretty much the same feeling...the fight card looked so pretty on paper...hopefully we will be able to watch The Spider and GSP fight down the road *fingers crossed*

Pretty much the same feeling...the fight card looked so pretty on paper...hopefully we will be able to watch The Spider and GSP fight down the road *fingers crossed*

This card was basically the exact reason why I'm bored to death with MMA. MMA was about the coolest thing on the planet when you'd get to see two contrasting styles get in the octagon to figure out which one might be more affective, and find it's weaknesses and whatnot. Can a junitsu fighter beat up a kickboxer? Can a puncher knock out a wrestler before he gets caught in something? Nowadays, more often than not, you get two hybrid fighters that are both basically dirty boxers that were never talented enough to be real boxers, so they learned to wrestle a bit to compete in MMA, or you get wrestlers who learned how to dirty box. They learn submissions, and some run farther with these than others, while some are what they call "strikers." What you get is a bit of a sloppy mess rather than true execution of a style. IMO that makes for a rather boring exhibition. Take some talented boxers and train them to block kicks and sprawl and avoid some submissions and I'd think they would wipe the floor with your average MMA fighter. Give me the sweet science all day long. Give me some technical middleweights that have trained since 12 years old to dissect each other. Now that is some exciting and captivating entertainment.

Some in MMA are truly ridiculously talented with their kicks and/or submission techniques, I'm not saying there aren't some really intriguing fighters out there, but on the whole, the average MMA fighter just isn't compelling anymore.

Edited by Seahawks21

Some in MMA are truly ridiculously talented with their kicks and/or submission techniques, I'm not saying there aren't some really intriguing fighters out there, but on the whole, the average MMA fighter just isn't compelling anymore.

While the average boxer is? :wacko:

I agree with the fights being underwhelming from a fan point. I expected more out of Franklin/Griffin, a bit more bangin' in the Jones/Bader fight, and I never expected Vitor to get knocked out with a leading left foot front kick.