[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Asomugha to be a free agent

Akfatha

The Texans let Robinson walk last year and you saw how well that turned out for them. Do they make a huge splash and go after Aso? Probably not Houston's style to bring in a big fish but they could really use a great player back there as they transition to a 3-4 up front.

By the way, ONE interception or ONE sack by Asomugha would have kept the contract from being voided, and earned him a 16.8 Million salary.

No matter how you look at it, the Raiders are in trouble this offseason and are going to have to find a way to shell out cash.

Asomugha, Huff, Routt, Seymour, Gallery, Miller, Bush, and Gradkowski are all free agents.

Because of the CBA and how it loomed over the league this year, I think most teams have a bunch of FA's to contend with. Long term deals were hard to do without knowing what the upcoming structure of The League was going to be. I know the Chargers are in the same boat with FAs as well, only theirs are better :wacko::rofl:

I am not sure what most of the "experts" see, but I think because of the glut of FAs this year, there will be a lot less movement than expected. :tup:

Just a WAG. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Raiders hired Rod Woodson today as their DB coach - no doubt in an effort to keep Asomugha around. Not only is Woodson a HOF DB, but he and Asomugha are great friends.

Asomugha has already gone on record and said he would love to stay in Oakland, but we all know there's a business side to everything.

Here's a great video from last week where Asomugha discusses his humanitarian efforts off the field and his future with the Raiders

Raiders hired Rod Woodson today as their DB coach - no doubt in an effort to keep Asomugha around. Not only is Woodson a HOF DB, but he and Asomugha are great friends.

Asomugha has already gone on record and said he would love to stay in Oakland, but we all know there's a business side to everything.

Here's a great video from last week where Asomugha discusses his humanitarian efforts off the field and his future with the Raiders

I hope this is a good sign to keep him, and even if we can't, Woodson could be an awesome coach and influence to the younger guys.