[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry BroncoBilly, but your boy is not a fan of Tebow

tazinib1

Just say it like you mean it Elway :lol: "Tebow is NOT a good NFL quarterback" :wacko:

So if that is the case, I guess the the new HC will not have to be a Tebow guy. Maybe they can trade him to the Vikings if McMegan Fox get the OC job.

What a mess. :tup:

Just say it like you mean it Elway :lol: "Tebow is NOT a good NFL quarterback" :wacko:

So if that is the case, I guess the the new HC will not have to be a Tebow guy. Maybe they can trade him to the Vikings if McMegan Fox get the OC job.

What a mess. :tup:

If he went to minnesota, I'd move harvin up on my draft sheets.

Nice editing job.

Maybe you could have provided a link and everyone here could have seen the entire quote:

LINK

Elway heaped praise on Broncos rookie QB Tim Tebow, but stopped short of saying he will be the team's starter. "I think that he has been everything that everyone expected him to be as far as a person, man, leader," Elways said. But Tebow has more work to do before he can be the type of QB the Broncos and Elway -- a nine-time Pro Bowl QB -- expect him to be. "Tim Tebow is a darn good football player," Elway said. "What we've got to make him is a darn good quarterback."

Oh, wait, maybe you were using this story, which also truncated Elway's thoughts and has just about as much credibility as the OP does:

Link to nbc "reporting"

Then there is this item that Elway twittered after King misrepresented Elway:

Link to Elway's twitter

“To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow,” Elway said. “I think he’s a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can. Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco. Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false.”

:wacko: @ Taz stooping to Peter King level. Nice.

Nice editing job.

Maybe you could have provided a link and everyone here could have seen the entire quote:

LINK

Elway heaped praise on Broncos rookie QB Tim Tebow, but stopped short of saying he will be the team's starter. "I think that he has been everything that everyone expected him to be as far as a person, man, leader," Elways said. But Tebow has more work to do before he can be the type of QB the Broncos and Elway -- a nine-time Pro Bowl QB -- expect him to be. "Tim Tebow is a darn good football player," Elway said. "What we've got to make him is a darn good quarterback."

Oh, wait, maybe you were using this story, which also truncated Elway's thoughts and has just about as much credibility as the OP does:

Link to nbc "reporting"

Then there is this item that Elway twittered after King misrepresented Elway:

Link to Elway's twitter

“To clarify my thoughts on Tim Tebow,” Elway said. “I think he’s a very good football player, and if anyone can turn themselves into a great QB, Tim can. Myself and our entire organization think very highly of him. We are pleased with his first year as a Bronco. Any speculation that the Denver Broncos are considering moving Tim is completely false.”

:wacko: @ Taz stooping to Peter King level. Nice.

:tup: busted!

:wacko: busted!

I think it's refreshing in this day and age of poltical correctness and not wanting to harm anyone's self esteem at any cost that people can hate a rival of their NFL team so much.

I also think that it's great that you can be diverted from the woes of a team that finished 1st in the entire NFL in both Total Offense and Total Defense and still managed enough suckage that they missed the playoffs.

I think it's refreshing in this day and age of poltical correctness and not wanting to harm anyone's self esteem at any cost that people can hate a rival of their NFL team so much.

I also think that it's great that you can be diverted from the woes of a team that finished 1st in the entire NFL in both Total Offense and Total Defense and still managed enough suckage that they missed the playoffs.

I'm actually gonna take that as a compliment. 'Cause I am %100 Charger and anything I can do to ruffle a donkie fan, I'm all in.

:wacko:

I'm actually gonna take that as a compliment. 'Cause I am %100 Charger and anything I can do to ruffle a donkie fan, I'm all in.

:wacko:

With all the vitriol around here and else where, I think I'll up my Pro Bowl predictions for Tebow from 3 to 5.

It sure would be interesting to have read all of your (alls) comments back in the day when Montana, Fouts, Elway, Morino, etc... came into the NFL. I am VERY confident they would have read roughly the same.

With all the vitriol around here and else where, I think I'll up my Pro Bowl predictions for Tebow from 3 to 5.

It sure would be interesting to have read all of your (alls) comments back in the day when Montana, Fouts, Elway, Morino, etc... came into the NFL. I am VERY confident they would have read roughly the same.

Ooh, snap! That'll show us. :wacko:

I couldn't find my archived notes on QBs going back to when I was in elementary school, so unfortunately I can't produce any notes on the guys you mentioned.

Regardless, I hardly see your point here. Because basically your stance is that, anyone who isn't convinced Tebow will be great based on what he's shown in his limited starts and change-of-pace duties "hates him" or doesn't know football. This, despite the fact that the odds are against each and every guy who tries to make it in the NFL as a QB. That a guy who has his stamp on a list of very suspect personnel moves reached for him in the draft and yet, even at that, he didn't get drafted in a spot where guys are tabbed as "can't miss" are taken. That you are now about to fly off the handle and try and make this argument about me saying that no QB drafted that late has ever made it big or something like that.

That is the argument. About you having been convinced this guy was going to be great because he's such a good guy and thinking that people who have their doubts are evil or can't handle his goodness.

Because if this was actually about football, like it should be, you'd be saying "Not bad for a rookie. The kid has got some heart. Let's see if he can become an NFL QB." Because that's what Elway is basically saying. You're just reading it to mean more because you've already decided he'll be great. I mean, you guys are basically seeing the fact that he's not going to trade him as some validation of his greatness. That's what it has come to. Well, guess what, I doubt Carolina is looking to move Claussen or Cleveland is looking to move McCoy. Should they start getting fit for yellow jackets yet?

And yes, Carolina was all about Luck before he backed out of the draft. However, don't think for a second Denver wouldn't have took him if they were in the same boat.

Edited by detlef

Ooh, snap! That'll show us. :wacko:

I couldn't find my archived notes on QBs going back to when I was in elementary school, so unfortunately I can't produce any notes on the guys you mentioned.

Regardless, I hardly see your point here. Because basically your stance is that, anyone who isn't convinced Tebow will be great based on what he's shown in his limited starts and change-of-pace duties "hates him" or doesn't know football. This, despite the fact that the odds are against each and every guy who tries to make it in the NFL as a QB. That a guy who has his stamp on a list of very suspect personnel moves reached for him in the draft and yet, even at that, he didn't get drafted in a spot where guys are tabbed as "can't miss" are taken. That you are now about to fly off the handle and try and make this argument about me saying that no QB drafted that late has ever made it big or something like that.

That is the argument. About you having been convinced this guy was going to be great because he's such a good guy and thinking that people who have their doubts are evil or can't handle his goodness.

Because if this was actually about football, like it should be, you'd be saying "Not bad for a rookie. The kid has got some heart. Let's see if he can become an NFL QB." Because that's what Elway is basically saying. You're just reading it to mean more because you've already decided he'll be great. I mean, you guys are basically seeing the fact that he's not going to trade him as some validation of his greatness. That's what it has come to. Well, guess what, I doubt Carolina is looking to move Claussen or Cleveland is looking to move McCoy. Should they start getting fit for yellow jackets yet?

And yes, Carolina was all about Luck before he backed out of the draft. However, don't think for a second Denver wouldn't have took him if they were in the same boat.

You win the word war.

I'll stand by what I've said before.

It would be awesome if he got traded to Minnesota.

"Purple Jesus" :halo:

I could have seen him being traded to Minnesota or Arizona...until John Fox just got hired as Broncos HC. He seems like a guy John Fox would build around... though I guess it's still up to Elway.