[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aaron Rodgers is now an elite QB after FINALLY winning playoff game!

T-Scorp

Right after the Packers won on Sunday all you heard was that Rodgers was finally on par with Brady, Brees, and Manning now he had won a playoff game. HUH?

After the game the sideline bimbo asked him how it was to finally have the monkey off his back... What monkey????

Wasn't last year his first playoff game? So he was 0-1??? Now that he is 1-1 he is elite QB? I must be missing something??? :wacko:

Edit to add: He is already a very good QB but it is a little early to crown his :tup: at this point based on one playoff win in two tries.

Edited by T-Scorp

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd, the monkey on Steve Young's back looked a whole lot like a SF D that kept getting beat by Dallas late in games.

Same thing here. Granted, Rodgers threw the pick in OT that they got beat on in his first playoff loss, but let's not pretend that it wasn't mainly the fault of a D that kept getting torched all game long.

Odd part 2. In Indy, it's all about Manning overcoming their injuries. In GB, it's all about the coach. GB has had absolutely no running game to speak of, basically until yesterday (and let's be honest, guys are tripping all over themselves to go crazy about the kid from Buffalo but it's not like he ran wild or anything). Yet, despite this, Rodgers has been crazy efficient.

There are exactly two QBs right now who are certainly better than him, Manning and Brady. Everyone else is either as good or worse. That seems elite enough for me.

Do not disagree with your view. Mainly pointing out the media overhyping the "monkey on his back" after just losing one playoff game!! (inwhich he played very well)!

Rodgers even said something to the effect of "There was no Monkey on my back" I guess every qb has to get that first playoff win under their belt. Rodgers is the real deal for sure

Game, set and match. You're too smart to be the professor of a Pac-10 school! :wacko:

Seriously, Rogers looks elite to me. Guy you can build a franchise around and always finds a way to make the play.

If you watch Aaron Rodgers how could you not put him in the elite QB status? The guy has "it". Cool under pressure, a very strong and accurate arm and a heck of a competitor. Things look easy for him.

At this point Rodgers IS elite. Now if he gets a career ending injury he won't be all time elite but I would take ver very few QB's over him right now. The dude has everything you want in a QB.

He as accuracy

He has scramble ability

Looks like he has a great understanding of the game

He is a leader

Teammates respect him

Other temas players seem to respect him

He has a strong arm.

You can't say the same for many QB's in this league right now. A great example would be Cutler - he has all the tools but not sure he understands the game or has respect of even his own players and at this point I don't believe a leader.

Brady

Mannings

Brees

Rodgers

I'd say he's top 4.

Might look at Rivers in there too. Would add Flacco, Ryan, Big Ben, and Sanchez in the next tier.

Unfortunatley, the Vikings have the worst QB situation in the NFC North

Rodgers

Cutler

Stafford

?????

Might look at Rivers in there too. Would add Flacco, Ryan, Big Ben, and Sanchez in the next tier.

Unfortunatley, the Vikings have the worst QB situation in the NFC North

Rodgers

Cutler

Stafford

?????

are you adding sanchez so he can carry the jocks of the other guys on the list ?

are you adding sanchez so he can carry the jocks of the other guys on the list ?

He has a better playoff record than Rodgers!!! He is 3-1 in his first two years as a starter. (that is more than Broadway Joe) Rodgers is 1-1 in three years as a starter. He has won as many Playoff games as Brady did at the same age.

The Jets have made the playoffs in both of his years.

What other guys would you rather have that have not been listed?

Romo? o-for in playoffs

Cutler? maybe he has finally figured it out

Cassell? sorry but he wilted in playoffs

Shaub? who knows but with that offense he still could not get his team to the playoffs

Not talking fantasy here.

He has a better playoff record than Rodgers!!! He is 3-1 in his first two years as a starter. (that is more than Broadway Joe) Rodgers is 1-1 in three years as a starter. He has won as many Playoff games as Brady did at the same age.

Romo? o-for in playoffs

Cutler? maybe he has finally figured it out

Shaub? who knows but with that offense he still could not get his team to the playoffs

Romo, Flacco, Sanchez....NOT.

AR should be up there Brady and Manning....but needs a SB to be truly elite. JMHO

This could be that year...after the past three weeks there are no excuses.

It is good to see him not doing the Title Belt thing...that had DUMBASS written all over it.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

Romo, Flacco, Sanchez....NOT.

AR should be up there Brady and Manning....but needs a SB to be truly elite. JMHO

This could be that year...after the past three weeks there are no excuses.

It is good to see him not doing the Title Belt thing...that had DUMBASS written all over it.

Explain to me how the last three weeks spell "title or bust".

They destroyed the Giants at home. Certainly impressive but the Giants were in melt-down mode.

They gutted out a must win game against a Bears team that was really only playing for pride. Sure they had all their guys in there but you have to think they weren't going to show them anything.

They held on to beat a Philly team who, save an amazing 7 minute stretch, didn't do jack down the stretch including losing a game that could have gotten them a 1st round bye against a rookie QB starting for a team in total disarray.

Sorry, but that doesn't undo the fact that they've been doing it with smoke and mirrors all season long. They finally get a RB to go for 100 yards and everyone is acting like that's all fixed. Sure, maybe.

Honestly, I'm actually pulling for GB and they before they lost like 14 guys to IR, I thought they were the team to beat. But they're doing it on guts and guile right now.

Explain to me how the last three weeks spell "title or bust".

They destroyed the Giants at home. Certainly impressive but the Giants were in melt-down mode.

They gutted out a must win game against a Bears team that was really only playing for pride. Sure they had all their guys in there but you have to think they weren't going to show them anything.

They held on to beat a Philly team who, save an amazing 7 minute stretch, didn't do jack down the stretch including losing a game that could have gotten them a 1st round bye against a rookie QB starting for a team in total disarray.

Sorry, but that doesn't undo the fact that they've been doing it with smoke and mirrors all season long. They finally get a RB to go for 100 yards and everyone is acting like that's all fixed. Sure, maybe.

Honestly, I'm actually pulling for GB and they before they lost like 14 guys to IR, I thought they were the team to beat. But they're doing it on guts and guile right now.

They beat a Giants team that has been good on and off.

They beat a Bears team that won the division.

They beat an Eagles team at home (a tough place to win). All of these are WINS which helps a team, such as GB, to gain momentum.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of TT and MM. But, they have GB in a good place right now....PLAYING AS A TEAM. Even though they've had injuries, backups are playing like they should. That's one of my gripes against TT not pulling in FA, but drafting depth that weren't playing at a high level. They are now and I'm eating crow. I still think MM is too conservative late in games (Play to win...dont play just not to lose.).

When one part of the team is struggling another is picking up the slack. That's where they have struggled the past two years.

Romo? o-for in playoffsCutler? maybe he has finally figured it out

Romo beat Filthadelphia 3 times last yr, once in the playoffs. The exact same thing Rodgers just did. Well Beat Philly in the playoffs that is.

There is no way after just 1 playoff win, Im putting anywhere near the top 3, especially after the guys listed below have superbowl rings.

Brady

Roeth

Manning

Brees

Manning

In fact, Im not sure I put him above Rivers either. Rivers has won several playoff games, and is every bit as good as Rodgers in every phase but running, but Running has got Rodgers hurt now twice with concussions, so how smart is that really

Rodgers is more hype than substance IMO. And you said not fantasy, how can you put a guy that has 1 playoff win ever, in elite status. Just crazy packer talk here after winning a game, everyone predicted you would win, against a team that was without its best offensive weapon half the game, and missed 2 field goals. GB survived that game, Philly was driving and Vick made a poor decision to throw that ball in the end zone instead of check down and continue the drive. GB loses that game, are we having this conversation. So the GB defense all of a sudden makes him elite? I think not.

E2A: Im not hating on Rodgers. He is very very good. But this elite talk is premature at this point.

Edited by Living the Dream