[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Late Games: I Can't Stay Awake

Footballjoe

I used to trade sleep for sex. Now I trade sleep for football.

I grew up on the west coast. I remember in high school and college when I'd have to practically set my alarm to wake up for 10 am (and sometimes 11 am) Sunday games. After I got married, I would still sleep in on weekends. We moved to the east coast and the 1 pm start times for the early Sunday games was perfect. Then we had our first kid, so no more sleeping in, and 1 pm seemed like it took forever to get to. Then we moved back west, and now I have two small kids and 10 am start times seem like they take forever to get to. :wacko:

It's becoming a chore to stay until midnight watching the games anymore. Now, if there's booze involved, problem solved.

Involving booze would be great, if the games started at 4am, because that's about the time I snap awake each morning if I've been drinking the night before. That's the routine when detlef has a few too many; pass out at 10pm, get up at 4am to pee, and forget about trying to get back to sleep until it's actually time to get up and start the day. Then I get sleepy.

Turning 55 next month. I get up at 5:30 A.M. and I rarely can stay awake for the late games. I missed the second half of the Colts vs Jets this past weekend and it was the same for the Oregon vs Auburn game last night. :lol:

:wacko: You SLEEP IN for 2 hours more than me and can't watch them. Try it after about 12-15 :tup: and still watching all of the game and getting up at 3:30 AM

Edited by T_bone65