[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Late Games: I Can't Stay Awake

Footballjoe

Involving booze would be great, if the games started at 4am, because that's about the time I snap awake each morning if I've been drinking the night before. That's the routine when detlef has a few too many; pass out at 10pm, get up at 4am to pee, and forget about trying to get back to sleep until it's actually time to get up and start the day. Then I get sleepy.

Tom Wolfe called it "The Waking Hour" It sounds like it may be a little longer than an hour in your case.

Peopel that are on that early morning sleep schedule (if u wake up before 7 am) that means for a healthly 8 hours of sleep you need to go to bed at 11pm. Football games typically last around 3 hours. That means a 8:30 start will last until 11:30 roughly. How so at most people are missing a half hour of the games... no big deal...

On another thought.... do TV startions count viewers who fall alseep??? Cause that means like the however many million viewers there aren't nearly as many people awake "viewing" the game.

[

On another thought.... do TV startions count viewers who fall alseep??? Cause that means like the however many million viewers there aren't nearly as many people awake "viewing" the game.

Interesting you should say that because over the holidays i was visiting the in laws in NJ. I was watching something and asked the mother in law "why is your cable box blinking like that ?" she said something like "oh thats the neilson ratings thing" then picked up a remote controll and pressed it and the thing stopped blinking. So i think the ratings companies actually physically install boxes on your cable that can determine what station you are watching and then to make sure you are watching you have to respond to the blinkk other wise it will register as on but not being watched..

why someone would want to do that is beyond me but thats how it works...