[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Green Bay Packers (-3) at Chicago Bears

Menudo

Green Bay Packers (-3) at Chicago Bears  

90 members have voted

1. 1. ATS: Packers (-3) at Bears

• Packers (-3)
    • Bears (+3)
  2. 2. Straight: Packers at Bears

• Packers
    • Bears

The line is out and the Packers are favored by three. So, what is your prediction ?

Packers 24

Bears 20

The Packers are playing better than anyone right now. However, this is a division rivalry, and I expect it to be very close. I think the Packers get it done in the end.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first blush, I doubt there is any stopping the Pack at this time. It would have been harder to go into a dome and beat the #1 seed than play a team they know very well and have carved up the last few years.

Hopefully, the Bears are working with the Park District to really crum up the field, since it is such an advantage for the Bears to play on this field, while the other team plays on it as well.

The Bears as home underdogs aren't getting enough credit. I'm not saying they should be favored, but I would think the line should really be even or maybe the Pack -1. The Bears' defense and special teams will keep them in the game. Who knows with Cutler and the offense. But if I was Cutler, I wouldn't like having to face the Pack. Is anyone covering better than Trammond Williams right now? And Woodson on the other side isn't exactly an easy matchup. I expect a lot more Greg Olsen and Forte in the passing game again.

What a great moment for the NFC North to have the top two in the NFC this year!

Pack by 10...That Chicago D looked good today, but Jennings is no Mike Williams.

It's not Jennings... It's Jennings, Driver, Jones, and Nelson. If they can avoid mental mistakes/fumbles/penalties I think they win. I think Aaron Rodgers and company are peaking at the right time. I predict a close game, but I think the Packers have too many weapons on both sides of the ball.

WAR PACKERS

I am firmly convinced that GB is a better team than CHI by about 8 to 10 points.

There isn't a chance in hell I'd put a dime on this game. Having watched GB/CHI games for well over 4 decades, I know better.

Edited by Bronco Billy

The Pack is going to beat Da Bears. I'll guess by about a TD. I'm also interested how the weather's going to be @ Soilder Field.

Extended forecast for Sunday is high 24, low 11, winds @ 8 mph, mostly cloudy.

If that holds, GB's passing game can function well in that weather - that's pretty similar to the weather when they played the Giants and Pats.

I know neither team is just happy to be here, but GB is about ready to beat the 3, 1, and 2 seed all on the road...which is a tall task. Bears have to hope the baloon has popped a bit, and for some weather to slow down that offense. I'm sure the Bears were vanilla in the last meeting, so I expect some points to be put on the board. Need something from special teams, and perhaps 2 turnovers, and they can do it.

I know neither team is just happy to be here, but GB is about ready to beat the 3, 1, and 2 seed all on the road...which is a tall task. Bears have to hope the baloon has popped a bit, and for some weather to slow down that offense.

Kind of what I was thinking. The Packers have been playing extremely well considering all the talent they had go down with injuries this year. It's hard for any team to play 3 road games in a row. They've been basically in the playoffs for 3 weeks already and now they have to go to a division rival and play a 4th. I think this game will be closer than a lot of Pack homers think, but it is tough to call who wins. The obvious call is if the Bears can avoid turnovers they have a good shot at winning this. And there really isn't any dressing that up. It is what it is. If Cutler starts thinking with his dipstick and throws a ball directly at the GB secondary than it'll be a long day. If he can either NOT do that, or pray that they don't catch the couple of throws that will hit them in the chest, things look good for the Bears.

What's interesting to me is that "on paper" if the Bears win they might have had the easiest road to the Super Bowl ever (Bye, 8-9 Seahawks @ home, #6 Seed Packers @ home). (Note, not meaning to disrespect Seattle or forgetting the Pack are favored this weekend; just pointing out the records and seeds)

On the flip side if the Packers win they will have had possibly the hardest road to the Super Bowl, winning on the road vs the #1, #2 and #3 seeds...

With the GB / Bears game if we are only looking at the last two games they played ,, GB looks like a team that should win easy.

If we go back a bit ,, they had to win out just to make it into the playoffs

I keep thinking of a saying I heard once ,,, you are never as good as your best and never as bad as your worst

I believe GB played their best yesterday but still have the feeling that their 2nd or even 3rd best wins this game for them.

What's interesting to me is that "on paper" if the Bears win they might have had the easiest road to the Super Bowl ever (Bye, 8-9 Seahawks @ home, #6 Seed Packers @ home). (Note, not meaning to disrespect Seattle or forgetting the Pack are favored this weekend; just pointing out the records and seeds)

On the flip side if the Packers win they will have had possibly the hardest road to the Super Bowl, winning on the road vs the #1, #2 and #3 seeds...

In 2005, the Steelers beat #3 Bengals, #1 Colts & #2 Broncos all on the road to earn a spot in the Super Bowl.