[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh McDaniels the new OC for the Rams?

tazinib1

Bernie Miklaz of 101 espn in St. Louis. www.101espn.com just reported that McDaniels talks broke down this weekend and he is now headed to Seattle to interview there.

As a Rams fan I am not freaking out yet, I would like to see what Darell Bevell has to contribute as well.

Bernie Miklaz of 101 espn in St. Louis. www.101espn.com just reported that McDaniels talks broke down this weekend and he is now headed to Seattle to interview there.

As a Rams fan I am not freaking out yet, I would like to see what Darell Bevell has to contribute as well.

Chris Mortenson is reporting that McDaniels is the front runner for the OC job in Seattle now.

How come I don't see any McDaniels is an idiot posts on this one? Is that just reserved for Vikings moves?

Yep. It seems his Denver past was completely forgotten and he became the hot guy to get because of his ties to Belichick again. I even kind of bought into wanting him in Minnesota because of offensive creativity and experience but leary of his boneheaded personnell moves and inability to get along with players just like Chilly.

Makes sense. A much better QB situation and a much less entrenched body in the head coaching spot.

You can't be serious....Spags is about as safe a HC as there is right now...outside of your Belicheats, Reid's, Tomlin types that is.

You can't be serious....Spags is about as safe a HC as there is right now...outside of your Belicheats, Reid's, Tomlin types that is.

OK then, so he's the, what, 17th safest HC in the league right now? 1/4 of these guys lose their job every year. His contract runs through 2012, and I would suspect if he's not had a winning season or a playoff appearance by then he's gone. Since the Rams have not done either since like '03, I'll wait until they get over that hump before assuming he has any sort of job security.

No one's going to hire McDaniels to be a HC in 2011 or 2012. Sets up for him nicely, especially if he develops a good relationship with Bradford.

OK then, so he's the, what, 17th safest HC in the league right now? 1/4 of these guys lose their job every year. His contract runs through 2012, and I would suspect if he's not had a winning season or a playoff appearance by then he's gone. Since the Rams have not done either since like '03, I'll wait until they get over that hump before assuming he has any sort of job security.

No one's going to hire McDaniels to be a HC in 2011 or 2012. Sets up for him nicely, especially if he develops a good relationship with Bradford.

Jesus, man. Where you been? Good to see you around these parts, it's been awhile.

• 11 months later...

Ironically, as best I can tell, McDaniels was also the only coach NOT fired today by the Rams. If he becomes the Head Coach, I seriously may give up my season tickets.

Edited by STL Fan